|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the first stepsister do in order to make sure her foot fit into the glass slipper?
2. All the huntsmen would disappear in the forest like ____________ as the forest was bewitched.
3. How does the prince find out that Rapunzel is up in the tower and then begin his plans to rescue her?
4. Who decides to let the man out of his imprisonment since he does not seem to be crazy?
5. How old is the boy who wants some answers in the poem, according to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the doctor falls in love with the princess who he treats as she is dying?
2. How does Cinderella finally become able to go to the ball though her stepmother tries to make it impossible?
3. Why does the man decide that he needs to break into the garden of the witch?
4. What does Cinderella do when she needs help as she is living with her stepmother and sisters?
5. What does the huntsman do with the wild man once he is brought back into the town?
6. What does the peasant say that he can do because the cowhide is magical?
7. What is the threat against the miller's daughter when she is placed inside a room?
8. What does the young boy find out about the wild man after he falls in love with a young maiden?
9. To whom does the Queen turn when she wants to find out whether she is the most beautiful in the land?
10. What does the huntsman do when he is told to kill Snow White and bring back her heart for the Queen to eat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slave in the story of the white snake is blessed with knowledge when he eats the food prepared for the king.
Part 1: What is the value of knowledge in today's society?
Part 2: Why do you think the slave decided to go against the rules of the king?
Part 3: Do you think the slave should be punished for his noncompliance with the rules of the king?
Essay Topic 2
In many fairy tale stories, the characters are chosen ones, with large tasks before them or great risks to their lives.
Part 1: What is the importance of being a chosen one?
Part 2: Why do you think so many characters in fairy tales are considered to be the chosen ones?
Part 3: How do you think you might act in your life if you knew you were the chosen one?
Essay Topic 3
The mother dotes on the daughters who are not normal since they seem to be more unique than the one who is normal.
Part 1: Why do you think the mother dotes on the daughters who are more unique?
Part 2: Do you think that a mother in today's times would dote on the daughters who were unique or the 'normal' daughter?
Part 3: How do you think you might react if you found out that one of your daughters had a defect?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)