|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the servant drop into the sea, saying that he would die if he could not find it for her again?
2. Iron Hans tells the boy that he has saved him from the awful babble of that __________ as a wild man.
3. In the witch's kitchen, the __________ were growing like fish and the tomatoes were as rich as frogs.
4. What does the princess spread over the yard in order to test the servant's ability to clean it up?
5. The boy finds a key and looks for the lock to open, just as he would look for a __________ upon finding a nickel.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three attempts which are made by the Queen on Snow White's life when she lives with the Seven Dwarfs?
2. What does the witch do when she needs to go and see Rapunzel in the tall tower?
3. What are the three gifts that Rumpelstiltskin receives from the girl in order to help her with her mission?
4. How does Snow White come back to life again when the prince finds her with the Seven Dwarfs?
5. What happened when the doctor falls in love with the princess who he treats as she is dying?
6. What does the huntsman do with the wild man once he is brought back into the town?
7. Why does the man have to seek refuge at the house of a miller, according to the poem, "The Little Peasant?"
8. Why does the young boy decide that he wants to let the wild man out of his captivity?
9. What does the prince decide to do after realizing that Cinderella disappears on the third night in a row?
10. What happens when the girl is able to guess Rumpelstiltskin's name and keep her child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The boy depends on Iron Hans, even though he is a wild man and the boy doesn't know what he is going to do.
Part 1: Why do you think the boy trusts Iron Hans, even though he is wild?
Part 2: Do you think it is a good idea to trust a person who appears to be wild?
Part 3: How might you have treated Iron Hans had you met him in the course of your life?
Essay Topic 2
The prince tells the king about how the princesses sneak off each night, even though the door is locked up tight.
Part 1: Do you think the prince's trickery was a smart idea in his quest to discover the truth about the princesses?
Part 2: How do you think the prince should be rewarded for finding the secret behind the nightly dancing?
Part 3: Do you think the princesses should be allowed to continue to dance each night?
Essay Topic 3
The musician plays music in order to bring people closer to him, but then he hurts the animals when they come to be with him.
Part 1: Why do you think the musician wants to have friends when in the woods?
Part 2: Do you think the musician is an evil person? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the musician should be treated after all of the pain he seems to have caused the animals?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)