|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The doctor thinks that a dog only laps _________ once when he is told that the Godfather will take him away.
2. The woman who was with child looked upon the _______ each day, since she feared she might die without it.
3. The servant and the princess live out their days happily ever after, though Sexton says, in a kind of coffin, a kind of blue ________.
4. It is said that he who kills his _____ and thrice wins his mother will undo the spell which has been cast.
5. A woman who loves a _______ is forever young, according to the start of the poem about Rapunzel.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Snow White come back to life again when the prince finds her with the Seven Dwarfs?
2. What does the huntsman do with the wild man once he is brought back into the town?
3. Why does the man have to seek refuge at the house of a miller, according to the poem, "The Little Peasant?"
4. What is the threat against the miller's daughter when she is placed inside a room?
5. Why does the man decide that he needs to break into the garden of the witch?
6. What does the witch do when she realizes that the prince has come up to see Rapunzel and that they have fallen in love?
7. What does the old woman do with her niece when she is locked away in the tower?
8. What does Cinderella do when she needs help as she is living with her stepmother and sisters?
9. What was the problem with being the thirteenth child who was shunned by the Godfather?
10. What happened when the doctor falls in love with the princess who he treats as she is dying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The man tries to get what his wife needs in order to make sure that her pregnancy is healthy and strong, but is caught and is told he must be punished.
Part 1: Do you think it's right to punish someone for doing the right thing?
Part 2: How might you have reacted if you were to have caught the man in the garden?
Part 3: Why do you think the man decided to go into the garden, even though he knew he should not? Was this a good reason?
Essay Topic 2
The prince tells the king about how the princesses sneak off each night, even though the door is locked up tight.
Part 1: Do you think the prince's trickery was a smart idea in his quest to discover the truth about the princesses?
Part 2: How do you think the prince should be rewarded for finding the secret behind the nightly dancing?
Part 3: Do you think the princesses should be allowed to continue to dance each night?
Essay Topic 3
The parents are so hungry that they send the children off in order to keep the bread for themselves.
Part 1: Do you think the parents should have tried harder to help feed their family?
Part 2: Do you think that parents should sacrifice themselves for their children?
Part 3: Why do you think the parents felt that sending the children off was their only chance of survival?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)