|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ground do in the presence of a frog, since it has boil disease and a belly full of parasites?
(a) Soils itself.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Cracks open.
2. What is NOT one of the three things the frog asks of the princess in return for getting her ball back?
(a) To eat from her plate.
(b) To drink from her cup.
(c) To kiss her on the mouth.
(d) To sleep in her bed.
3. The two eyed girl is told that if she _________ her goat, then he will be given food to eat.
(d) Sings to.
4. What does the witch give to the children in order to fatten them up for herself?
(a) A big turkey.
(c) A big dinner.
5. The daughter who has two eyes is as common as ____________ in the eyes of the mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the witch feed to Hansel in order to fatten him up so that he might be tasty?
2. "The ___________ drill holes in our skulls to let the Boston Symphony through."
3. The author admits to being collected at cocktail parties, but inside, she is undergoing ___________________.
4. At what temperature does the mother say that she will cook the boy when she puts him in the oven?
5. The leaves on the trees in the new world are made of ___________ and the solder takes one as proof.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader find out about the accident the princess has with the gold ball?
2. What are the three animals to which the musician beckons in the forest before torturing them?
3. Who are some of the deceivers which Sexton includes in the beginning of the poem about Red Riding Hood?
4. What happens to the king after several long years of searching for his family?
5. How does the soldier get from one side of the lake to another with the princesses?
6. What is the mystery of the twelve princesses who are locked in their room each night?
7. What does the mother do with two of her daughters, though she tends to leave the other one alone?
8. Why are the messages being sent between the king and the princess getting mixed up in the story?
9. What is the problem with the tree which the knight sees and then wants to have one of its branches?
10. What is so remarkable about the house Hansel and Gretel find in the woods?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)