|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once a child who was born with troubles had a mother who wore her ___________ like a strand of pearls, even though the child might have lived to be 50 years old.
2. The leaves on the trees in the new world are made of ___________ and the solder takes one as proof.
3. The runaway boy who lives on ___________ gives it all up to live on speed and saltines.
(a) The West Virginia mountains.
(b) Chicago's waterway.
(c) The Michigan shoreline.
(d) Boston Common.
4. Where does the golden ball go when the princess accidentally loses it in the poem?
(c) Another house.
5. The author's mom reproaches her for losing her ___________ when they are in Cape Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what temperature does the mother say that she will cook the boy when she puts him in the oven?
2. For how long do Hansel and Gretel walk without seeing anything which might help them?
3. How did the daughters make sure the princes were unable to find out their secret?
4. What purified the girl so much that the wizard could not approach her and hurt or help her?
5. What does the mother call the son when she is hungry and starving to eat something?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Sexton's judge and jury when she begins the poem, "The Frog Prince?"
2. Who are some of the people whom Anne Sexton believes would understand the princess' obsession with dancing?
3. Where do the princesses sleep when they are locked in their room each night?
4. Why don't the animals in the story of the musician take revenge on the musician?
5. What are the differences between the daughters in the first poem of this section of the book?
6. What is the mystery of the twelve princesses who are locked in their room each night?
7. How does the soldier get from one side of the lake to another with the princesses?
8. Why are the messages being sent between the king and the princess getting mixed up in the story?
9. What does the reader find out about the accident the princess has with the gold ball?
10. What does the mother do with two of her daughters, though she tends to leave the other one alone?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)