|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king have made for his new wife since she does not have any of her own?
(a) Silver feet.
(b) Silver hairs.
(c) A new mouth.
(d) A wig.
2. The old woman gives the soldier a ____________________ which should be used at the right time, she tells him.
(a) Cloak of invisibility.
(c) Bottle of wine.
3. The daughter who has two eyes is as common as ____________ in the eyes of the mother.
4. The wolf which the musician calls to him has his eye on the _____________.
(c) Soup kettle.
(d) Man's shoes.
5. What does the princess do when the frog is in bed with her and begins to talk sweetly to her?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She leaves.
(c) She passes out.
(d) She throws him across the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. The __________ is the one who tunes into a new neighborhood, having misplaced the past.
2. When the two were married, they decided to live on a _______________.
3. With what did the huntsman fill the body of the wolf when he decided that the wolf was too mean to simply be shot?
4. The insomniac is the one whose heart jumps like a _____________ when they are listening on their transistor.
5. What is the first animal the musician calls to him when he is alone in the forest for a long time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Sexton's judge and jury when she begins the poem, "The Frog Prince?"
2. What does the reader find out about the accident the princess has with the gold ball?
3. What are the two pieces of advice or help which the old woman gives to the soldier who goes to find out the secret of the princesses?
4. What happens when the mother and remaining sisters decide to slaughter the goat?
5. What is the passageway to the world where the princesses dance all night?
6. What is so remarkable about the house Hansel and Gretel find in the woods?
7. How does the soldier get from one side of the lake to another with the princesses?
8. What are the three animals to which the musician beckons in the forest before torturing them?
9. Why does the father decide that he needs to cut off the hands of his daughter in the poem?
10. What is the prize for the person who is able to find out how the girls are escaping from the room each night?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)