|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The wolf which the musician calls to him has his eye on the _____________.
(b) Soup kettle.
(d) Man's shoes.
2. When the two were married, they decided to live on a _______________.
(c) Sugar cube.
(d) Ant farm.
3. How did the daughters make sure the princes were unable to find out their secret?
(a) They drugged them.
(b) They killed them.
(c) They wouldn't go out those nights.
(d) They slept with them and told them to keep their mouths shut.
4. Who does the prince hire to guard the bedroom at night so he and the princess can have time together?
(a) A battalion.
(b) No one.
(c) A night watchman.
(d) An army of frogs.
5. The soldier chose the ____________princesses since he was similar in age.
(b) Second to the youngest.
6. Red Riding Hood found the wolf, at first, to be no more dangerous than a(n) __________ or a panhandler.
7. In order to eat, the family cooks up the ___________ to serve to each other as lamb chops.
8. The frog wants the beer and Christ for _____________, as the poem states about the needs of the frog.
(a) A deer.
(b) A souvenir.
(c) A book.
(d) A companion.
9. The runaway boy who lives on ___________ gives it all up to live on speed and saltines.
(a) The Michigan shoreline.
(b) The West Virginia mountains.
(c) Chicago's waterway.
(d) Boston Common.
10. What happens to the princes who are unsuccessful in finding out what happens to the daughters each night?
(a) They get to marry a maid.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are banished.
(d) They have to be a servant.
11. Who finally tricks the witch into getting into the stove and then traps her there where she cannot hurt them anymore?
(a) A friendly hunter.
(c) Both of the children.
12. The daughter who has two eyes is as common as ____________ in the eyes of the mother.
13. How does the two eyed girl stop her sisters from asking her questions about her food?
(a) She uses magic spells on them.
(b) She sings them to sleep.
(c) She ignores them.
(d) She hits them.
14. The old woman gives the soldier a ____________________ which should be used at the right time, she tells him.
(b) Cloak of invisibility.
(d) Bottle of wine.
15. One might say that the girl without those body parts was a girl without _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes out of the sky like rain, according to "The Frog Prince" poem?
2. The princesses dance like ___________ at Roseland as if the tickets would run right out.
3. "If someone burns out your eye/I will take your socket/and use it for an ____________."
4. For how long do Hansel and Gretel walk without seeing anything which might help them?
5. The frog is as old as a ___________ and it has no nerves, according to the poem.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)