|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The innocent girl's cheeks are as fragile as ___________ paper, according to the poem.
2. The prince who comes to help Snow White stays so long that his hair turns ______________.
3. The princess also sends the servant out to find the _____________, which the gallow birds eventually bring to him.
(c) Green Leaf of Truth.
(d) Apple of Life.
4. The man who damns his thirteenth child says that ________ will not be the godfather.
(a) The Father.
5. When the task is completed on time, the stepmother tells Cinderella she cannot go because she does not have _____________.
(a) Clothes to wear.
(c) Any reason to go.
(d) Hope of being loved.
6. The doctor goes to help the princess and turns her around like _______________, since he is smitten.
(a) A whore.
(b) A whisper.
(c) A shoebox.
(d) A prayer.
7. A woman who loves a _______ is forever young, according to the start of the poem about Rapunzel.
8. What does the princess spread over the yard in order to test the servant's ability to clean it up?
(a) Ten shovels of dirt.
(b) Ten gallons of water.
(c) Ten pieces of rice.
(d) Ten bags of grain.
9. The ___________ will also not be the godfather, wearing his streets like a whore.
10. What is the second thing the stepmother brings to Snow White in order to try to kill her?
(a) An apple.
(b) A poison comb.
(c) A piece of lamb.
(d) A bit of lacing.
11. In the witch's kitchen, the __________ were growing like fish and the tomatoes were as rich as frogs.
(d) Green beans.
12. What does the princess demand the boy do though he does not comply with her wishes?
(a) Take off his hat.
(b) Leave the castle.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Give her gold.
13. Until the day that the mirror said that Snow White was fairer than her stepmother, Snow White was nothing more than a _________ to her stepmother.
(c) Dust mouse.
14. The mother points out her children who are crazy - the girl who does not _______ - and tells the reader they will move off from them.
15. How many whiskers did the stepmother see on her lip the day the mirror said she was no longer beautiful?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stepmother bring the first time that she tries to kill Snow White?
2. The boy finds a key and looks for the lock to open, just as he would look for a __________ upon finding a nickel.
3. The poem points out the man might only be bruised like ____________, though he appeared to be a lunatic.
4. What did the first stepsister do in order to make sure her foot fit into the glass slipper?
5. How old was the lovely virgin of Snow White when she was noticed to be beautiful by her stepmother?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)