|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which newspaper knows more about the operation than the FBI?
2. What does Aziz have to protect himself against the President's Secret Service Agents?
3. What provides Rapp with the best opportunity to attack the third basement?
4. What does Baxter order the soldiers to do in this section?
5. Which two characters disagree with Baxter's decision?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rapp angry with Anna in this section?
2. Why does King recognize Husan the news the next morning?
3. What happens to the two Navy SEALS in this section?
4. What does Rapp fear about Rielly?
5. How does Aziz feel in this section?
6. What is Salim Rusan doing outside the White House?
7. What do the Navy SEALS plan in this section?
8. Describe Generals Flood and Campbell's briefing in this section.
9. How are the military showing their supreme loyalty and fearlessness in this section?
10. How do Baxter and King react to Aziz's broadcast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Aziz's character background? Why do you think he makes such a good terrorist? How does Aziz compare to other similar character in espionage novels?
Essay Topic 2
The Transfer of Power is the first book in the Mitch Rapp series.
1) What is the overall theme of the series? What part does the Transfer of Power play in developing that theme?
2) What ideas and characters does the author develop that can be used in forthcoming books? How do you think these ideas and characters will develop through the series?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Flynn's writing style. How would you describe Flynn's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Flynn's style give to the story?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)