|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Anna be able to see in the third basement?
2. What organization does Colonel Fine lead?
3. Who is Hayes angry about?
4. What is Bengazi doubtful about?
5. Who does Aziz use as his human shield?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aziz feel in this section?
2. How is Baxter surprised in this section?
3. Why does King recognize Husan the news the next morning?
4. What does Aziz say in his broadcast at the beginning of this section?
5. Why is Rapp angry with Anna in this section?
6. How does the General react when he hears the President is in danger?
7. How are the military showing their supreme loyalty and fearlessness in this section?
8. What does Colonel Ben Fine tell Irene in this section?
9. What does Stansfield tell Rap in this section?
10. What decision does Baxter make at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the students think are Baxter's aims? Why do the students think Flynn presents Baxter as a poor leader in such as a situation? How do you think the operation will end if Baxter has his way?
Essay Topic 2
The Transfer of Power is the first book in the Mitch Rapp series.
1) What is the overall theme of the series? What part does the Transfer of Power play in developing that theme?
2) What ideas and characters does the author develop that can be used in forthcoming books? How do you think these ideas and characters will develop through the series?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the novel.
1) How does Flynn use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
3) Aside from the main character, examine the way Flynn uses the other characters in the story. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)