|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Salim Rusan disguised himself as?
2. What does Aziz call the Iraqi people?
3. Who is enraged by Baxter's order?
4. What does Aziz have to protect himself against the President's Secret Service Agents?
5. What does Rapp think the American government is dependent upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mitch plan to see what the situation is outside the President's bunker?
2. Why does Mitch feel frustrated in this section?
3. What do the Navy SEALS plan in this section?
4. Why does King recognize Husan the news the next morning?
5. What does Aziz say in his broadcast at the beginning of this section?
6. Describe Generals Flood and Campbell's briefing in this section.
7. What is Salim Rusan doing outside the White House?
8. What do the President and his men discuss in the bunker?
9. Why is Rapp angry with Anna in this section?
10. What does Rapp fear about Rielly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Saddam Hussein's aim as a politician? How was Saddam Hussein represented in the media? What problems has America had with Saddam Hussein? Have the problems gone away now that Saddam Hussein is dead?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think it is right to negotiate with a terrorist? What problems could negotiation cause? What do you think a negotiator has to know about before entering into negotiations?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Flynn use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)