|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following does Aziz shoot?
2. Who does Rapp call when he hears about the terrorist attack?
3. Who does the CIA want to kidnap?
4. What do Baxter and King brainstorm in this section?
5. Who is Hasan disguised as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Israel say its position is?
2. Describe the character of Thomas Stansfield.
3. What does Mitch realize at the end of this section?
4. What is Mustafa Yassin doing at the end of this section?
5. Why is Rafique so dangerous?
6. How does Mitch Rapp show his true strength in this section?
7. How does the author increase the narrative pace in this section.
8. What happens as soon as Mitch lands at Andrew Air Force base?
9. What problems does this section show that the military face in such a desperate situation?
10. What does the success of the CIA's operation depend upon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Flynn's writing style. How would you describe Flynn's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Flynn's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Flynn use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motive? Why? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Does his/her goals clash with other characters with other characters? How do the character's goals and motives affect his/her interaction with each other?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)