|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kennedy and Stansfield want to keep information about the operation from _________________.
2. Who are the politicians suspicious of?
3. Who does Rapp call when he hears about the terrorist attack?
4. Who does Mitch want to revenge?
5. What is Dr. Jane Hornig's role?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aziz react when Tutwiler phones him?
2. Why does President Hayes authorize the kidnapping of Fara Harut at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Why is Rafique so dangerous?
4. What does Secret Service Director Tracy say in the debriefing?
5. How do the Secret Service agents save the President's life?
6. How does Mitch Rapp feel after the mission?
7. What is Dr. Jane Hornig's job?
8. What information does King give Shiela Dunn in this section?
9. How does Mitch Rapp show his true strength in this section?
10. Describe the successful operation in the opening section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Transfer of Power is part of the espionage genre.
1) What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way has the Transfer of Power helped to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in The Transfer of Power?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think it is right to negotiate with a terrorist? What problems could negotiation cause? What do you think a negotiator has to know about before entering into negotiations?
Essay Topic 3
The Transfer of Power is the first book in the Mitch Rapp series.
1) What is the overall theme of the series? What part does the Transfer of Power play in developing that theme?
2) What ideas and characters does the author develop that can be used in forthcoming books? How do you think these ideas and characters will develop through the series?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)