|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle does Muammer Bengazi drive?
2. What has the door to the balcony been wired with?
3. Who knocks Anna unconscious?
4. Where are Rapp and Adams setting up headquarters?
5. Who does King suggest Baxter use as his fall guy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mitch, Flood, Kennedy and Stansfield decide to do in this section?
2. Why does President Hayes authorize the kidnapping of Fara Harut at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Why does Mitch invite Milt Adams on the mission?
4. How do the Secret Service agents save the President's life?
5. What problems does Anna Rielly have in this section?
6. What are Aziz's demands?
7. Describe the character of Thomas Stansfield.
8. How do Mitch and Adams get to the White House basement?
9. How does Mitch Rapp feel after the mission?
10. What information does King give Shiela Dunn in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Flynn's writing style. How would you describe Flynn's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Flynn's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
The Transfer of Power is the first book in the Mitch Rapp series.
1) What is the overall theme of the series? What part does the Transfer of Power play in developing that theme?
2) What ideas and characters does the author develop that can be used in forthcoming books? How do you think these ideas and characters will develop through the series?
Essay Topic 3
What role does the public play in matters of national security? Why does the public rarely say little in such breaches of national security?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)