|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venters deteriorate significantly faster than Davie in Bad Blood?
(a) He is significantly older.
(b) He also has cancer.
(c) He has a more advanced case.
(d) He drinks and consumes too much.
2. Why do the women in Feeling Free decide Renton is not that bad at the end of the chapter?
(a) He likes Iggy Pop.
(b) He brings hash over.
(c) He leaves them alone.
(d) He wishes Alison happy birthday.
3. What does Renton inwardly accuse his father of being at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Cold and unfeeling.
(b) Conservative and self-pitying.
(c) Illiterate and anti-intellectual.
(d) A depressive repressed homosexual.
4. In Courting Disaster, why does Billy want to stay close to his wife?
(a) He suspects she is sleeping around.
(b) She has flu.
(c) He is only back in Leith for a short time.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. Who was Gi sleeping with when his wife discovered he was gay?
(a) His local priest.
(b) A male prostitute.
(c) A family friend.
(d) His brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Dr. Forbes connect Renton's heroin use in Searching for the Inner Man?
2. How has Johnny Swan's appearing changed in this section?
3. Which relative of Spud's interrupts the celebration in Courting Disaster?
4. With whom does Renton crash when he comes to Scotland for Matty's funeral in A Present?
5. Where is Renton headed at the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state is Renton at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What hallucinations does Renton have as he slips in and out of consciousness?
3. What does Renton learn about Sick Boy in the celebration in Courting Disaster?
4. How does the morning of There Is a Light That Never Goes Out end?
5. What precautions does Begbie take after the job in Easy Money for the Professionals?
6. How does Renton and Sharon's relationship change in Bang to Rites?
7. What surprise does Renton have when he wakes up in Gi's flat?
8. Why does Begbie become enraged in Trainspotting at Leith Central Station?
9. How does Alison and Kelly bond with two lesbians in Feeling Free?
10. Describe Sick Boy's escapade in Deid Dugs.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)