|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What substance do Renton and Spud do to prepare for their interviews?
2. Who punches Stevie at the end of Victory on New Year's Day?
(a) A Hearts fan.
3. Which character is not initially with the group in this chapter?
(c) Sick Boy.
4. What bad news does Tommy bring in Cock Problems?
(a) Lizzy broke up with him.
(b) His brother has died.
(c) The Hibs have lost again.
(d) He has chlamydia.
5. What playwright does Renton talk to the English girls in In Overdrive about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Begbie disappointed in A Disappointed?
2. What does Stevie tell Stella before leaving for Edinburgh in Victory on New Year's Day?
3. What substance does Mike Forrester give Renton instead of smack in The First Day of the Edinburgh Festival?
4. About what does Sick Boy constantly brag as the boys arrive at a club?
5. What performer's concert has Tommy bought tickets to in Scotland Takes Drugs in Psychic Defense?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Renton and Spuds' tiff and reconciliation in this chapter.
2. How does Spud get in a brawl in Na Na and Other Nazis?
3. How does Renton prepare to come off of junk in The First Day of the Edinburgh Festival?
4. How is Begbie's home-life portrayed at the beginning of Inner Shitty?
5. What happens to the communal pot in Grieving and Mourning in Port Sunshine?
6. What is the cause of the brawl in Her Man?
7. Describe the incident in The Glass.
8. How does Davie ruin breakfast in Traditional English Breakfast?
9. How do the junkies react to the tragedy that occurs in It Goes Without Saying?
10. What sadistic joke does Johnny Swan play in The Skag Boys?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)