|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where are Renton's relatives?
2. Who does not come back for Matty's funeral?
(c) Sick Boy.
3. Who does Matty's brother want to kill in Memories of Matty?
(a) The priest.
(c) The junkies.
(d) Matty's wife.
4. What is Spud thinking about at the beginning of There Is a Light That Never Goes Out?
(a) Where Sick Boy is.
(b) When he will next have sex.
(c) If he can get through the day without a hit.
(d) How his uncle is doing in hospital.
5. Why does Renton consider having sex with Gi in London Crawling?
(a) For the experience.
(b) For pity.
(c) For the bedroom.
(d) For money.
6. In Bang to Rites, who does Renton decide is most responsible for Billy's death?
(a) Irish Nationals.
(b) No one.
(c) The upper classes.
(d) Billy's wife.
7. Where does Renton recall OD'ing at the beginning of this chapter?
(b) Mother Superior's.
(c) The toilet of his local pub.
(d) Spud's parents's.
8. Who explains to Renton that he is quitting cold turkey in this chapter?
(a) A doctor.
(c) His mother.
(d) Sick Boy.
9. Where does Renton go after leaving his friend's flat at the beginning of London Crawling?
(a) A porno theater.
(b) A train station.
(c) A park.
(d) A pub.
10. Who is the drunk in Trainspotting at Leith Central Station?
(a) Begbie's father.
(b) Sick Boy.
(d) Renton's Catholic uncle.
11. How does Sick Boy kill the dog in Deid Dugs?
(a) He shoots it.
(b) He stomps it.
(c) He stabs it.
(d) He strangles it.
12. How does Renton describe his brother in the wake?
(a) With a series of cliches.
(b) With brutal honesty.
(c) He does not speak.
(d) In safe anecdotes.
13. What does Sharon admit Billy did in Bang to Rites?
(a) Went AWOL.
(b) Predicted his own death.
(c) Beat her.
(d) Screw around.
14. What does Alison recall about Matty in Memories of Matty?
(a) Punching him in the crotch.
(b) Driving him to school.
(c) Sleeping with him.
(d) Playing cards with him.
15. What does Sick Boy shoot with his air rifle in Deid Dugs?
(a) His foot.
(b) A pit bull.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A skin head.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of this chapter, what does Renton beg his parents to secure him, that they refuse?
2. Who unknowingly infected Davie with HIV?
3. What pounces on Renton in a hallucination in this chapter?
4. What dish does Kelly put her tampon in in Eating Out?
5. Which relative of Spud's interrupts the celebration in Courting Disaster?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)