|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury did Spud suffer in his liaison with Laura McEwan?
(a) A bruised testicle.
(b) A turned ankle.
(c) A broken wrist.
(d) A concussion.
2. In his scam in A Scottish Soldier, a veteran of what war does Swan pretend to be?
3. What is Renton's parent's attitude toward Sick Boy?
(a) They have never met him.
(b) They despise him.
(c) They like him.
(d) They worry of his influence over Renton.
4. What does Renton give Tommy at the end of Winter in West Granton?
(a) A bottle of Boddingtons.
(b) An overcoat.
(c) A fresh syringe.
5. Where does Renton go after leaving his friend's flat at the beginning of London Crawling?
(a) A porno theater.
(b) A train station.
(c) A pub.
(d) A park.
6. In Bang to Rites, who does Renton decide is most responsible for Billy's death?
(a) Irish Nationals.
(b) No one.
(c) The upper classes.
(d) Billy's wife.
7. Where is Renton headed at the end of the novel?
(a) New York.
8. Who was Gi sleeping with when his wife discovered he was gay?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) A family friend.
(c) His local priest.
(d) A male prostitute.
9. At the bar at the end of this chapter, what test does Renton's father give him?
(a) He asks him where he was in the afternoon.
(b) He makes him buy drinks.
(c) He offers to give him a hit.
(d) He aks him who the PM is.
10. What game is being played at the pub that Renton and his parents attend near the end of this chapter?
(c) Table tennis.
11. Why is Renton mortified by his mother in Courting Disaster?
(a) She insists he drink only soda.
(b) She keeps crying.
(c) She gets incredibly drunk.
(d) She tells stories of his babyhood.
12. To what does Dr. Forbes connect Renton's heroin use in Searching for the Inner Man?
(a) His brother Davie's death.
(b) His dropping out of school.
(c) He physical abuse from his father.
(d) His first major breakup.
13. What is Gi doing to Renton when the latter wakes up in London crying?
14. Where does Sick Boy tell Renton he will be traveling soon?
(a) The US.
15. How is Nina dressed at the cemetery?
(a) In white.
(b) In a black pants-suit.
(c) In a military outfit.
(d) In goth attire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Billy killed in Bang to Rites?
2. In Courting Disaster, why does Billy want to stay close to his wife?
3. What does Sick Boy do on the bus to London in Station to Station?
4. What dish does Kelly put her tampon in in Eating Out?
5. Why does Renton consider having sex with Gi in London Crawling?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)