|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Renton inwardly accuse his father of being at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) A depressive repressed homosexual.
(b) Conservative and self-pitying.
(c) Illiterate and anti-intellectual.
(d) Cold and unfeeling.
2. Under what condition does the judge dismiss Renton's case in Courting Disaster?
(a) He does 50 hours community service.
(b) He attends a drug rehabilitation program.
(c) He remains in Edinburgh limits for 4 months.
(d) He returns to complete high school.
3. At the end of Easy Money for the Professionals, Begbie threatens to kill the boy if he does what?
(a) Tells anyone about the deal.
(b) Flashes his money around.
(c) Comes to Edinburgh.
(d) Uses any of the smack.
4. Why is Gilbert unworried by the mates in Station to Station?
(a) He knows the dope is weak.
(b) He knows that don't know London prices.
(c) He knows they are unarmed.
(d) He knows they are nonprofessionals.
5. What did Billy and Mark most often fight over?
(a) What to watch on television.
(b) Hibs-Hearts rivalry.
(c) Renton's addictive disposition.
6. In his scam in A Scottish Soldier, a veteran of what war does Swan pretend to be?
7. What injury did Spud suffer in his liaison with Laura McEwan?
(a) A broken wrist.
(b) A turned ankle.
(c) A bruised testicle.
(d) A concussion.
8. In Trainspotting at Leith Central Station, who does Begbie announce has AIDS?
(b) His girl.
(c) Sick Boy.
9. Which girl is Renton chatting up at the beginning of There Is a Light That Never Goes Out?
10. Which of the mates arrives late for the bus to London in Station to Station?
(d) Sick Boy.
11. Where does Davie meet Alan Venters in Bad Blood?
(a) A support group.
(b) A city bus.
(c) A party at Renton's.
(d) A pub.
12. What did Laura McEwan want to try with Spud when she took him home?
(a) Doubles yoga.
(b) Tantric massage.
(c) Force feminization.
(d) Anal sex.
13. Why does Renton consider having sex with Gi in London Crawling?
(a) For pity.
(b) For the experience.
(c) For money.
(d) For the bedroom.
14. What pounces on Renton in a hallucination in this chapter?
(a) A feral Begbie.
(b) Baby Dawn.
(c) An animated needle.
(d) A rabid dog.
15. How does Renton describe his brother in the wake?
(a) With a series of cliches.
(b) With brutal honesty.
(c) He does not speak.
(d) In safe anecdotes.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the bar at the end of this chapter, what test does Renton's father give him?
2. Who does Matty's brother want to kill in Memories of Matty?
3. Where is Gi from originally?
4. At the beginning of Courting Disaster, Renton and Spud have been arrested stealing what?
5. What does Renton do with the drunk Second Prize in Trainspotting at Leith Central Station?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)