|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his scam in A Scottish Soldier, a veteran of what war does Swan pretend to be?
2. Where do Sharon and Renton have sex in Bang to Rites?
(a) The back garden.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) Billy's old room.
(d) Renton's room.
3. Where are the two lesbians in Feeling Free from?
(a) South Africa.
(d) The Falklands.
4. Who does not come back for Matty's funeral?
(b) Sick Boy.
5. Who does Matty's brother want to kill in Memories of Matty?
(b) The junkies.
(c) The priest.
(d) Matty's wife.
6. Why is Kelly angry at Allison at the beginning of Feeling Free?
(a) Alison is pregnant again.
(b) Alison is back on heroin.
(c) Alison is criticizing Renton.
(d) Alison does not think Kelly can finish university.
7. At the beginning of this chapter, what does Renton beg his parents to secure him, that they refuse?
(d) A beer.
8. Where does Renton go after leaving his friend's flat at the beginning of London Crawling?
(a) A porno theater.
(b) A park.
(c) A pub.
(d) A train station.
9. Why is Renton mortified by his mother in Courting Disaster?
(a) She insists he drink only soda.
(b) She gets incredibly drunk.
(c) She keeps crying.
(d) She tells stories of his babyhood.
10. From where are Renton's relatives?
11. How does Sick Boy kill the dog in Deid Dugs?
(a) He stomps it.
(b) He shoots it.
(c) He stabs it.
(d) He strangles it.
12. How does methadone affect Renton's cravings in Searching for the Inner Man?
(a) It completely ends them.
(b) It does not affect them.
(c) It relieves tham for a while.
(d) It makes them worse.
13. What did Billy and Mark most often fight over?
(a) What to watch on television.
(b) Renton's addictive disposition.
(d) Hibs-Hearts rivalry.
14. At the beginning of There Is a Light That Never Goes Out, which mate is not with Renton?
(c) Second Prize.
15. What dish does Kelly put her tampon in in Eating Out?
(a) The wine.
(b) The profiteroles.
(c) The soup.
(d) The ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Courting Disaster, Renton and Spud have been arrested stealing what?
2. In Courting Disaster, Renton claims to have a passion for what philosopher?
3. What game is being played at the pub that Renton and his parents attend near the end of this chapter?
4. Who explains to Renton that he is quitting cold turkey in this chapter?
5. What lie does Davie tell Venters before killing him in Bad Blood?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)