|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the drunk in Trainspotting at Leith Central Station?
(a) Renton's Catholic uncle.
(c) Sick Boy.
(d) Begbie's father.
2. Where are Gi and Renton at the end of London Crawling?
(a) A party house.
(b) A pub.
(c) An opera house.
(d) A train to Edinburgh.
3. As he slips in and out of consciousness in this chapter, what does Renton fear he might accidentally do?
(a) Throw himself out a window.
(b) Mention Dianne to his parents.
(c) Swallow his tongue.
(d) Wet himself.
4. In addition to Renton's father, who is appraising Renton severely in Bang to Rites?
(a) The priest.
(c) Uncle Charlie.
(d) His mother.
5. At the end of Easy Money for the Professionals, Begbie threatens to kill the boy if he does what?
(a) Comes to Edinburgh.
(b) Tells anyone about the deal.
(c) Uses any of the smack.
(d) Flashes his money around.
6. In his scam in A Scottish Soldier, a veteran of what war does Swan pretend to be?
7. How does Renton describe his brother in the wake?
(a) With brutal honesty.
(b) In safe anecdotes.
(c) He does not speak.
(d) With a series of cliches.
8. In Junk Dilemmas No. 67, Dennis Ross OD'ed on a mixture of heroin and what?
9. At the beginning of There Is a Light That Never Goes Out, which mate is not with Renton?
(d) Second Prize.
10. Why is Gilbert unworried by the mates in Station to Station?
(a) He knows the dope is weak.
(b) He knows they are nonprofessionals.
(c) He knows they are unarmed.
(d) He knows that don't know London prices.
11. What narcotic mixture does Renton refuse in Straight Dilemmas No. 1?
(a) Crack and hash.
(b) Heroin and cocaine.
(c) Pot and opium.
(d) PCP and acid.
12. With whom does Renton crash when he comes to Scotland for Matty's funeral in A Present?
(d) Sick Boy.
13. Why can Renton not enter his friend's flat in London Crawling?
(a) The flat is a crime scene.
(b) His friend is not there.
(c) His friend is busy having sex.
(d) He lost the address.
14. Why does Venters deteriorate significantly faster than Davie in Bad Blood?
(a) He drinks and consumes too much.
(b) He also has cancer.
(c) He has a more advanced case.
(d) He is significantly older.
15. At the beginning of this chapter, what does Renton beg his parents to secure him, that they refuse?
(c) A beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Renton headed at the end of the novel?
2. Where is Gi from originally?
3. What sets off Uncle Charlie in Bang to Rites?
4. What gift did Matty try to give his estranged child?
5. What is the specific cause of Matty's death?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)