|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Begbie do in this chapter when his mates don't want to go along with his plan?
(a) He verbally abuses them.
(b) He punches Spud.
(c) He sulks silently.
(d) He walks away.
2. From where are the female tourists who sit with Begbie and Renton on the train in Inner Shitty?
3. At the end of The Glass, Renton reflects that he spent much of his childhood doing what?
(a) Trying to convince his friends that Begbie was alright.
(b) Trying to get away from Begbie.
(c) Trying to get Begbie to stop drinking.
(d) Repaying Begbie for an unknown favor.
4. About what does Sick Boy constantly brag as the boys arrive at a club?
(a) His superior knowledge of Scottish history.
(b) A series of investments that have paid off.
(c) A threesome he has been part of.
(d) The size of his penis.
5. Why are Temps and Tommy surprised during the row in Her Man?
(a) The rest of the pub joins in.
(b) Ho one breaks it up.
(c) The abused woman attacks Tommy.
(d) The lowlife begins to cry.
6. Why does Begbie berate Stevie in Victory on New Year's Day?
(a) He left the neighborhood.
(b) He is being sullen.
(c) He won't do a shot.
(d) She is not a Hearts fan.
7. What information does Billy reveal about Jackie at the end of Grieving and Mourning in Port Sunshine?
(a) He has cleared his bank account.
(b) He is sleeping with Fiona.
(c) He is the executor of Granty's estate.
(d) He is not from Leith.
8. Why does Renton have to rummage through his own filth in The First Day of the Edinburgh Festival?
(a) He loses his suppositories.
(b) He loses his heroin stash.
(c) He loses his keys.
(d) He loses a contact lens.
9. In It Goes Without Saying, who does Renton figure out is Dawn's father?
(d) Sick Boy.
10. What substance do Renton and Spud do to prepare for their interviews?
11. Why is getting a cab to Swannie's a difficulty in The Skag Boys?
(a) It is raining and all the cabs are taken.
(b) The cabbie does not want to pick up junkies.
(c) Some yuppies want the cab.
(d) Neither Renton or Sick Boy have any money.
12. Why is Begbie disappointed in A Disappointed?
(a) He misses a pub brawl.
(b) He cannot start a fight.
(c) He leaves a pub as a brawl begins.
(d) He loses a fight.
13. Who strikes the first blow in the brawl in Na Na and Other Nazis?
(b) The youngest skinhead.
(d) The bigest skinhead.
14. At the end of In Overdrive, Sick Boy has a creed against what?
(c) Modern spy thrillers.
15. Why can Davie not remember where he is at the beginning of Traditional English Breakfast?
(a) He is hung over.
(b) He was drugged.
(c) He has been in a coma.
(d) He has a memory disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Renton's relationship with Hazel.
2. What substance are Mike Forester and his mates sharing in The First Day of the Edinburgh Festival?
3. How does the group in Grieving and Mourning in Port Sunshine accumulate its communal pot?
4. What sadistic thing does Swan do in The Skag Boys?
5. How does Begbie want to do at the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)