|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Glass, Renton expresses disgust at what group?
(d) The Irish.
2. Who strikes the first blow in the brawl in Na Na and Other Nazis?
(a) The bigest skinhead.
(c) The youngest skinhead.
3. What drug does the group do after Begbie leaves?
4. What does Renton almost do by mistake in his interview in Speedy Recruitment?
(a) Get hired.
(b) Fall asleep.
(c) Urinate on himself.
(d) Curse at the interviewer.
5. Who tries to take the bedding away from Davie in Traditional English Breakfast?
(a) The chambermaid.
(c) Gail's mom.
(d) His father.
6. What does Renton hear as he wakes up in It Goes Without Saying?
(a) Iggy Pop.
7. Why does Uncle Boab's corpse sweat in Growing Up in Public?
(a) He has been on steroids for months.
(b) He is in the same room with a naked woman.
(c) His fever is breaking after death.
(d) His electric blanket is still on.
8. What resolution does Renton make in The First Day of the Edinburgh Festival?
(a) He will get a job.
(b) He will give up junk.
(c) He will get his own stash to sell.
(d) He will find a girlfriend.
9. in Inner Shitty, why is Begbie leaving town with Renton?
(a) He is seeing a Hibs match in Birmingham.
(b) He wants to visit Stevie.
(c) He is fleeing a police search.
(d) He is bored with Leith.
10. In this chapter, Renton says nights like this make him want what?
(a) To sleep with his ex.
(b) To leave Leith forever.
(c) To commit suicide.
(d) A hit of smack.
11. What bad decision does Tommy make at the end of Cock Problems?
(a) He drunk-dials Lizzy.
(b) He goes out with Begbie.
(c) He shoots heroin.
(d) He punches Renton.
12. How is Billy connected to the character's in previous chapters?
(a) He is Begbie's nephew.
(b) He is Spud's father.
(c) He is Renton's brother.
(d) He is Tommy's cousin.
13. What does Stevie tell Stella before leaving for Edinburgh in Victory on New Year's Day?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is HIV positive.
(c) He is gay.
(d) They should see other people.
14. How does the group in Grieving and Mourning in Port Sunshine accumulate its communal pot?
(a) They wager on fights.
(b) They do odd jobs.
(c) They play casino poker.
(d) They play the ponies.
15. What happened the last time Begbie started a fight?
(a) He made friends with the man after.
(b) He was beaten.
(c) He nearly killed a man.
(d) He was arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Renton have to convince a pub owner of to use a toilet in The First Day of the Edinburgh Festival?
2. Why does Begbie berate Stevie in Victory on New Year's Day?
3. How does Tommy react to the row at the nearby table in Her Man?
4. What does Renton promise Spud at the end of this chapter?
5. Who in Renton's family does Spud see at the pub in Na Na and Other Nazis?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)