|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Junk Dilemma No. 63, to what does Renton compare his heroin high?
(a) A roller coaster.
(b) A great movie.
(d) A sea.
2. Who in Renton's family does Spud see at the pub in Na Na and Other Nazis?
(a) His neice and nephew.
(b) His uncle and aunt.
(c) His father and brother.
(d) His parents.
3. With whom does Sick Boy have sex in The Skag Boys?
4. Speaking to Dianne's parent in this chapter, Renton says he works for what?
(a) The government.
(b) A local grocer.
(c) His parents.
5. What reason does Renton offer the next morning for sleeping in Dianne's flat?
(a) He fell asleep in the taxi they shared.
(b) He lost the key to his flat.
(c) He is her cousin from out of town.
(d) He felt ill the night before.
6. At the end of The Glass, Renton reflects that he spent much of his childhood doing what?
(a) Trying to convince his friends that Begbie was alright.
(b) Trying to get away from Begbie.
(c) Trying to get Begbie to stop drinking.
(d) Repaying Begbie for an unknown favor.
7. Why specifically is Renton miserable in Junk Dilemma No. 65?
(a) He has urinated on himself.
(b) Hazel has left him.
(c) He is drug-sick.
(d) He is cold.
8. What performer's concert has Tommy bought tickets to in Scotland Takes Drugs in Psychic Defense?
(a) Iggy Pop.
(b) David Bowie.
(c) The Clash.
(d) The Stone Roses.
9. Why can Davie not remember where he is at the beginning of Traditional English Breakfast?
(a) He has been in a coma.
(b) He was drugged.
(c) He is hung over.
(d) He has a memory disorder.
10. What does Renton have to convince a pub owner of to use a toilet in The First Day of the Edinburgh Festival?
(a) He is a Hibs fan.
(b) He is not with the health board.
(c) He is not going to do drugs.
(d) He is not a tourist.
11. What is Dianne doing when Renton notices her in this chapter?
(a) Trying to hail a taxi.
(b) Sleeping in a booth.
(c) Dancing with her girlfriends.
(d) Rejecting a slimy guy.
12. What is not among the alcoholic supplies that Begbie and Renton pick up for their trip?
13. What substance have all the mates ingested at the beginning of this chapter?
14. Why does Begbie punch June in Inner Shitty?
(a) She insults his mother.
(b) She threatens to phone the police.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is asking him too many questions.
15. Who in the group decides he wants to harass Begbie in this Chapter?
(d) Sick Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of The Skag Boys, What does Mark Renton want to do instead of get high with Sick Boy?
2. Why does Begbie berate Stevie in Victory on New Year's Day?
3. What does Renton almost do by mistake in his interview in Speedy Recruitment?
4. What playwright does Renton talk to the English girls in In Overdrive about?
5. Why does Renton inject into his penis in Cock Problems?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)