|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Lala killed?
(a) He is beaten to death.
(b) He is starved to death.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) He is stabbed in the stomach.
2. Why has Mano Majra become important in bureaucratic circles?
(a) The railroad.
(b) The church in the middle of the city.
(c) The officer's rest house nearby.
(d) The military presence in town.
3. What do local police consider Jugga?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A guru.
(c) A troublemaker.
(d) A priest.
4. What do Jugga's enemies bring for him?
5. What does the Subinspector note keeps Jugga of of trouble?
(a) His lover.
(b) His mother.
(c) The local police.
(d) A job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Chand shake the shoulder of the old man on the train?
2. What happened to Haseena's mother?
3. How many passenger trains stop in Mano Majra each day?
4. Where do the women of the village go in times of importance in the village?
5. How did the hijras escape being killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the morning routine of Mano Majra, in terms of the Muslim mosque and the Sikh temple.
2. Describe Iqbal's view of Indians, in terms of sexuality.
3. Describe Chand's nightmare the night after the day with the ghost train.
4. How does Malli and his gang come into possession of the evacuated Muslim's property?
5. Describe the young woman who comes to entertain Chand in Chapter 1, section 2.
6. What does Chand tell the Subinspector to do in terms of Malli and his gang, in Chapter 2, section 3?
7. Tell the story Jugga recites on the way to the police station.
8. Explain Iqbal's belief pertaining to morality in terms of financial status.
9. Describe Imam Baksh's belief of how a religious man is seen. and why.
10. Why do some of the villagers agree to attack the train?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)