|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chand spend his time in order to purge himself of the obsession?
(a) A house of prostitution.
(b) The crematorium.
(c) A garage.
(d) A courthouse.
2. How is Lala killed?
(a) He is starved to death.
(b) He is stabbed in the stomach.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) He is beaten to death.
3. What do those placing matrimonial ads ask for?
(a) To correspond with horoscopes.
(c) To correspond with the father of the prospective bride.
4. What proof does Jugga's mother have he was not involved in the dacoit?
(a) His word.
(b) He was sleeping.
(c) The bangles.
(d) He was out of town.
5. What does Jugga believe in that claims bad acts result in bad harvest?
(a) Newton's Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jugga blame for his misbehavior?
2. What does Jugga not hear the catcalling of the men?
3. What happens to Iqbal the morning following his conversations with the lambardar and mallah?
4. Who have started crowding on all trains?
5. Who is treated badly by Sardar Sahib?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does the young man in the temple develop to attack the train?
2. What is the plan for the police, in terms of what to do with Malli and his gang, and who to ask villagers about in Chapter 2, section 3?
3. Describe what the villagers find at the river with the lambardar.
4. Describe how the bodies from the ghost train in Chapter 4 are handled.
5. Why do some of the villagers agree to attack the train?
6. Describe how the villagers learn of what was in the train.
7. Explain why the villagers allow the Muslims to be evacuated.
8. Explain Iqbal's argument to Jugga about his status as a budmash, and Jugga's response.
9. Explain why Chand now believes Iqbal is a Sikh.
10. Explain Iqbal's belief pertaining to morality in terms of financial status.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)