|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many officers arrest Juggut Singh?
2. What do the police do with rioters?
(a) Arrest them.
(b) Evacuate them.
(c) Disperse them.
(d) Kill them.
3. What is happening in India during the time of the book?
(a) The British are moving into India.
(b) The Hindus and Muslims are in a war.
(c) The Americans have invaded India.
(d) The Muslims have taken over India.
4. What term of endearment is used for Imam Baksh?
5. What images does Hukum Chand see at the beginning of Chapter two, section two?
(a) Images of his daughter.
(b) Images of his wife.
(c) Images of the dead bodies on the train.
(d) Images of soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Iqbal the morning following his conversations with the lambardar and mallah?
2. What does Chand fear the rain will do?
3. What type of Muslim does Haseena note is still in Chundunnegger, although they could also be called Sikhs?
4. Why has Mano Majra become important in bureaucratic circles?
5. What does Iqbal refuse to do that causes an outburst from one of the officers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nooran, as the dacoits describe her.
2. Describe Jugga, in terms of how others see him, and how he sees himself.
3. Describe Iqbal's view of Indians, in terms of sexuality.
4. Describe the morning routine of Mano Majra, in terms of the Muslim mosque and the Sikh temple.
5. Explain Iqbal's belief pertaining to morality in terms of financial status.
6. What is revealed about Jugga's physical appearance, and his father, in Chapter 1, section 2?
7. Explain the situation between Muslims and Hindus and Sikhs, as discussed by Chand and the Subinspector in Chapter 1, section 2.
8. Explain the Subinspector's view of physical torture as punishment.
9. Explain why Chand tells the Subinspector that getting involved where there are bullets does not make sense.
10. What is the plan for the police, in terms of what to do with Malli and his gang, and who to ask villagers about in Chapter 2, section 3?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)