|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Subinspector believe is the ultimate tool for extracting information?
(a) Physical pain.
2. From where do the villagers watch the action at the station?
(a) From their roofs.
(b) From the platform.
(c) From the woods.
(d) From the river.
3. What indicates to those on the train that Iqbal is educated?
(a) He can read.
(b) He is dressed well.
(c) He is sitting in first class.
(d) He can speak.
4. Where does Iqbal tell both Meet Singh and the passengers on the train he is from?
5. Who does Jugga blame for his misbehavior?
(a) His father.
(b) The police.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mullah of the mosque believe in terms of freedom?
2. What happens to Iqbal the morning following his conversations with the lambardar and mallah?
3. What does Chand fear the rain will do?
4. What does Chand believe is the only absolute truth?
5. What is Man Majra known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Chand's obsession with death, and how he tried to overcome it.
2. How does Malli and his gang come into possession of the evacuated Muslim's property?
3. What is revealed about Jugga's physical appearance, and his father, in Chapter 1, section 2?
4. Tell the story Jugga recites on the way to the police station.
5. Describe Meet Singh's appearance.
6. Describe the morning routine of Mano Majra, in terms of the Muslim mosque and the Sikh temple.
7. Explain why Iqbal is angry that the police are arresting him in Chapter 1, section 4, and what he believes they are arresting him for.
8. Describe what the villagers find at the river with the lambardar.
9. Explain Iqbal's argument to Jugga about his status as a budmash, and Jugga's response.
10. Describe Nooran, as the dacoits describe her.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)