|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the house originally built for?
(a) The major.
(b) The local priest.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The engineer in charge of building the bridge.
2. In what year does the story take place?
3. What do the citizens of Mano Majra time their lives by?
(a) The trains.
(b) The tides.
(c) The prayers of the Muslims.
(d) The time of day.
4. Where does the stranger go when he enters town?
(a) The Sikh temple.
(b) The mosque.
(c) The station house.
(d) Jugga's home.
5. What does the Subinspector tell Chand the villagers know nothing of?
(a) The plague.
(b) The war with the United States.
(c) The economic crisis.
(d) The leaving of the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do local police consider Jugga?
2. Why does the lambardar record the names of those who bring the goods to the trucks?
3. What is the name of the stranger who enters Mana Majra?
4. What event ends Chand's actions with the young woman?
5. How many officers arrest Juggut Singh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the villagers find at the river with the lambardar.
2. In section 2 of Chapter 4, what does Chand tell the Subinspector to do, in terms of the planned massacre of the refugees on the train?
3. Describe the afternoon of the ghost train, as experienced by the villagers.
4. Describe how the villagers learn of what was in the train.
5. Discuss what Chand and the Subinspector note about the corruption of government officials in Chapter 1, section 2.
6. Describe Meet Singh's appearance.
7. Explain why the Subinspector evacuated Chundunnegger.
8. Explain Chand's view of how people should spend their conscious time and effort.
9. How does Malli and his gang come into possession of the evacuated Muslim's property?
10. What plan does the young man in the temple develop to attack the train?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)