|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iqbal claim Indians always have on their minds?
2. What are the police to do with Malli and his men?
(a) Take them to Pakistan.
(b) Execute them.
(c) Imprison them.
(d) Take them to Mano Majra.
3. What happens to the train at the end of the novel?
(a) It moves on the Pakistan.
(b) It bursts into flame.
(c) It stops, and all are killed.
(d) It derails.
4. What does Chand do in response to his fear?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He prays.
(c) He joins the fight to stop the murder.
(d) He drinks himself to sleep.
5. What does Iqbal ask Meet Singh to do?
(a) Leave the city.
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Stop the killing.
(d) Help with the attack.
6. What does Meet Singh do for Jugga?
(a) Reads the Guru's word.
(b) Gives him a rifle.
(c) Gives him a place to sleep.
(d) Reads a piece of the morning prayer.
7. What is Jugga's immediate concern?
(a) Nooran's fate.
(b) His father's fate.
(c) His mother's fate.
(d) The plans of Malli.
8. What is placed above the railway line?
(a) A steel beam.
(b) A banner.
(c) A guard post.
(d) A rope.
9. What happens to Sundari on the road?
(a) She is raped.
(b) She is stabbed.
(c) She is run over.
(d) She is shot.
10. What does Iqbal plan to do when he returns to Delhi?
(a) Report his arrest and have the Subinspector fired.
(b) Return home.
(c) Report his arrest and become a hero.
(d) Report his arrest and find justice.
11. What does Chand believe Iqbal to be?
(a) A missionary.
(b) A Sikh.
(c) A Muslim.
(d) A Hindu.
12. Who does the Subinspector note would have killed the Muslims, had they stayed?
(c) Meet Singh.
13. How many villagers volunteer?
(a) Less than ten.
(c) More than fifty.
(d) Over a hundred.
14. What is in the train that arrives at the station in this section?
(c) Dead bodies.
15. What does Chand fear Jugga will do at the beginning of the section?
(a) Join the gang.
(b) Flee with Iqbal.
(c) Flee with Nooran.
(d) Kill Chand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lambardar refuse to look after the property of the Muslims?
2. Who does Jugga reveal is the only one in the village able to read?
3. What is the punishment for interfering with those in charge of the Muslim's property?
4. What does Jugga fear his mother has done?
5. What does the Subinspector say would have happened had he arrived five minutes later?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)