|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Subinspector tell the police to inquire about in the village?
(a) Malli and his gang.
(b) Jugga and his gang.
(c) Iqbal Singh.
(d) Sultana and his gang.
2. Who comes to the village late at night?
(a) A group of Christian missionaries.
(b) A group of young Sikh rebels.
(c) A group of Muslim rebels.
(d) A group of Hindu rebels.
3. What does the Subinspector rush to the station to prevent the head Constable from doing?
(a) Making an entry about the burning of the bodies.
(b) Making an entry about Jugga's arrest.
(c) Making an entry about Iqbal's arrest.
(d) Making an entry about Malli's arrest.
4. Why can the Muslim convoy not take their belongings?
(a) They are traveling by road.
(b) They are traveling by plane.
(c) They are traveling by boat.
(d) They are traveling by train.
5. Where does much of the village sleep in this section?
(a) On their roofs.
(b) In the mosque.
(c) In the temple.
(d) At the station.
6. What does the Subinspector report about Nooran?
(a) She has left with her father.
(b) She has stayed in Mano Majra.
(c) She has run away.
(d) She has been killed.
7. Why does Malli feel he cannot make peace with Jugga?
(a) Jugga has insulted him.
(b) Jugga cannot be trusted.
(c) Jugga hates Malli.
(d) Jugga is cruel.
8. What does Jugga try to do with the object above the rail line?
(a) Sit on it.
(b) Shoot it.
(c) Cut it.
(d) Retie it.
9. What do the villagers find in the river in the morning?
(a) Dead Christians.
(b) Dead Sikhs.
(c) Dead Hindus.
(d) Dead Muslims.
10. What does Chand believe Iqbal to be?
(a) A Hindu.
(b) A Muslim.
(c) A missionary.
(d) A Sikh.
11. What does Jugga try to convince Iqbal to teach him?
(b) How to shoot a gun.
(d) How to steal.
12. What does the leader do to Jugga?
(a) Robs him.
(b) Thanks him.
(c) Stabs him.
(d) Shoots him.
13. What point does Meet Singh try to make about the Muslims, during the town meeting?
(a) The Muslims of Mano Majra are liars.
(b) The Muslims of Mano Majra are evil.
(c) The Muslims of Mano Majra have done nothing.
(d) The Muslims of Mano Majra have evacuated.
14. Who does the Subinspector note would have killed the Muslims, had they stayed?
(a) Meet Singh.
15. Who does Iqbal share his cell with for the first week?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chand consider stupid?
2. Why does the Subinspector not warn the camp commander of the planned attack?
3. What happens to the train at the end of the novel?
4. What is Jugga's immediate concern?
5. Why do the Sikhs of the town decide the Muslims must be evacuated?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)