|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jugga try to do with the object above the rail line?
(a) Cut it.
(b) Sit on it.
(c) Shoot it.
(d) Retie it.
2. What does Chand fear Iqbal will do at the beginning of the section?
(a) Kill Malli.
(b) Kill Chand.
(c) Halt the murders.
(d) Nothing but criticize others.
3. Why did the camp commander decide to evacuate by train immediately?
(a) They were out of food.
(b) There was danger of an attack on the camp.
(c) They had no where to sleep.
(d) They are safer escaping by night.
4. How many individuals were killed in Chundunnegger?
(a) Five hundred.
(c) One hundred.
5. Who offers to care for the Muslim's belongings?
(a) Malli and his gang.
(c) Meet Singh.
(d) Jugga and his gang.
6. What does Jugga do to Malli?
(b) Beats his head against the bars.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Stabs him.
7. What does the releasing of Malli and his gang imply to the villagers?
(a) That they are lying.
(b) That they are guilty.
(c) That the law is flawed.
(d) That they are innocent.
8. How does Iqbal choose to deal with his situation?
(a) He prays.
(b) He drinks himself to sleep.
(c) He flees the country.
(d) He chooses to stand up and fight.
9. Who does the Subinspector tell the police to inquire about in the village?
(a) Jugga and his gang.
(b) Malli and his gang.
(c) Sultana and his gang.
(d) Iqbal Singh.
10. What is in the train that arrives at the station in this section?
(c) Dead bodies.
11. What point does Meet Singh try to make about the Muslims, during the town meeting?
(a) The Muslims of Mano Majra have done nothing.
(b) The Muslims of Mano Majra are evil.
(c) The Muslims of Mano Majra have evacuated.
(d) The Muslims of Mano Majra are liars.
12. What does the Subinspector report about Nooran?
(a) She has run away.
(b) She has left with her father.
(c) She has stayed in Mano Majra.
(d) She has been killed.
13. What does the Subinspector note to Iqbal and Jugga at the beginning of this section?
(a) They are being put to death.
(b) They are not to go to Mano Majra.
(c) They will find Mano Majra the same.
(d) They will not find Mano Majra the same.
14. Where did the Subinspector have to evacuate?
(d) Mano Majra.
15. What does the little boy report about the river?
(a) It is rising.
(b) It is dried up.
(c) It is red with blood.
(d) It is lowering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lambardar refuse to look after the property of the Muslims?
2. What does the Subinspector rush to the station to prevent the head Constable from doing?
3. What lights up the railroad tracks?
4. What is the punishment for interfering with those in charge of the Muslim's property?
5. What does Chand consider stupid?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)