|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Meet Singh arrange for Iqbal to sleep?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) On the ground.
(c) In the basement.
(d) On the roof.
2. What event ends Chand's actions with the young woman?
(a) The young girl screams.
(b) Two gunshots, and shouting.
(c) Chand is ill.
(d) Chand falls asleep.
3. What do local police consider Jugga?
(a) A troublemaker.
(b) A priest.
(c) A guru.
(d) A gentleman.
4. Who gave the police the names of those responsible for Lal's murder?
(b) Meet Singh.
5. Who arrives and puts up tents near the railway station?
(a) Sikh soldiers.
(b) Christian missionaries.
(c) Hindu soldiers.
(d) Muslim soldiers.
6. What does Chand suggest they do with the Muslims?
(a) Rob them.
(b) Get them to leave peacefully.
(c) Force them to leave.
(d) Kill them.
7. Who is the headman of the village?
(a) Meet Singh.
(b) Jugga Singh.
(c) Banta Singh.
(d) Iqbal Singh.
8. What does Iqbal believe is the reason that he and Jugga are treated differently?
(a) He is not a troublemaker.
(b) The caste system.
(c) He is English.
(d) He is more attractive.
9. What does Lala offer the men to leave?
10. What is the name of the stranger who enters Mana Majra?
11. Who does Jugga blame for his misbehavior?
(a) His mother.
(c) The police.
(d) His father.
12. Who have started crowding on all trains?
13. What was created in the summer of 1947?
(a) The new state of Pakistan.
(b) The new state of Sikhs.
(c) The new state of Israel.
(d) The new state of India.
14. What does Lala refuse to hand over?
(a) Keys to his home.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His women.
(d) Keys to the safe.
15. What does Chand do to the young girl at the end of this section?
(a) Kills her.
(b) Berates her.
(c) Threatens her.
(d) Begins making love to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Chand heard the song the young woman sang the second time?
2. What does the mullah of the mosque believe in terms of freedom?
3. What does Jugga not hear the catcalling of the men?
4. What religion is Haseena?
5. Why doesn't the lambardar tell the people what is happening?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)