|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Meet Singh arrange for Iqbal to sleep?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) On the ground.
(c) In the basement.
(d) On the roof.
2. Who is the headman of the village?
(a) Banta Singh.
(b) Meet Singh.
(c) Iqbal Singh.
(d) Jugga Singh.
3. What is Man Majra known for?
(a) Its violent population.
(b) Its all Muslim population.
(c) Its railway station.
(d) Its bridges.
4. What happened to the time schedule in September?
(a) It became reliable.
(b) It stopped altogether.
(c) It became punctual.
(d) It became unreliable.
5. What does Chand suggest they do with the Muslims?
(a) Force them to leave.
(b) Rob them.
(c) Get them to leave peacefully.
(d) Kill them.
6. What does Lala offer the men to leave?
7. What does Jugga believe in that claims bad acts result in bad harvest?
(d) Newton's Law.
8. Why does the lambardar record the names of those who bring the goods to the trucks?
(a) They will be paid.
(b) They will need a place to sleep.
(c) He will commend those that bring goods.
(d) Those who do not will be punished.
9. What are the villagers to collect and take to the trucks by the station?
(a) Blankets and clothes.
(b) Beds and shoes.
(c) Wood and kerosene.
(d) Wood and animals.
10. Where had Chand heard the song the young woman sang the second time?
(a) His daughter had hummed it.
(b) His son had played it.
(c) His wife had sung it.
(d) He heard it on the radio.
11. How many passenger trains stop in Mano Majra each day?
12. Who guards the trucks at the station?
(a) Muslim soldiers.
(b) Sikh soldiers.
(d) Hindu soldiers.
13. Where do families sleep in the evenings during the summer?
(a) In their beds.
(b) On the rooftops.
(c) In the fields.
(d) In the mosque.
14. What happens to Iqbal the morning following his conversations with the lambardar and mallah?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He is evacuated.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is arrested.
15. What realization by Iqbal hurts his pride?
(a) That he is being evacuated because he is a Sikh.
(b) That he is being arrested for murder.
(c) That he was robbed because he was a social worker.
(d) That he is being evacuated because he is a Muslim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Subinspector believe Mano Majra is still at peace, in spite of the newly arrived refugees?
2. Who was the house originally built for?
3. What does Chand note the Subinspector and the village have not had, in terms of why they remain at peace?
4. What happens to the soldiers that kill Sikhs in Jugga's story?
5. From where do the villagers watch the action at the station?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)