|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the soldiers that kill Sikhs in Jugga's story?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) They are robbed.
(d) They crash and die.
2. What indicates to those on the train that Iqbal is educated?
(a) He can speak.
(b) He is dressed well.
(c) He is sitting in first class.
(d) He can read.
3. What do the citizens call the dark age?
(a) The Kalyug.
(b) The Coming.
(c) The Wara.
(d) The Entya.
4. How is Lala killed?
(a) He is stabbed in the stomach.
(b) He is shot in the head.
(c) He is starved to death.
(d) He is beaten to death.
5. What happens in the night at the station that turns the sky orange?
(a) A fire is lit.
(b) The soldier begin shooting people.
(c) The trains leave.
(d) The soldiers turn on generators.
6. What do the citizens of Mano Majra time their lives by?
(a) The tides.
(b) The prayers of the Muslims.
(c) The time of day.
(d) The trains.
7. What type of Muslim does Haseena note is still in Chundunnegger, although they could also be called Sikhs?
(b) Pregnant women.
8. What does Chand suggest they do with the Muslims?
(a) Force them to leave.
(b) Rob them.
(c) Get them to leave peacefully.
(d) Kill them.
9. What does Iqbal note he should have done to begin his political career?
(a) Gone to jail.
(c) Ran for office.
(d) Visited Britain.
10. What does the Subinspector believe is the ultimate tool for extracting information?
(a) Physical pain.
11. What does Iqbal claim to be, in terms of his profession?
(a) A social worker.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
12. What does Iqbal tell Meet Singh creates criminals?
(c) Hunger, want, and injustice.
(d) Pain, suffering, and a lack of religion.
13. Where do the men of the village go in times of importance in the village?
(a) The temple.
(b) The headman's house.
(c) The mosque.
(d) The river.
14. Where does the stranger go when he enters town?
(a) The mosque.
(b) Jugga's home.
(c) The Sikh temple.
(d) The station house.
15. What does the young girl think the shot is?
(a) A celebration.
(b) A murder.
(c) A shikari.
(d) A robbery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Chand heard the song the young woman sang the second time?
2. What does the young man at the meeting suggest might be in the train that is stopped at the station?
3. What is the Sutlej?
4. Who is the only Hindu in Mano Majra?
5. What does the young girl who comes to the rest house with the old woman do?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)