|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of Muslim does Haseena note is still in Chundunnegger, although they could also be called Sikhs?
(c) Pregnant women.
2. What is Chand doing to the girl when they hear a shot?
(a) Feeding her.
(b) Getting ready to make love to her.
(c) Scolding her.
(d) Giving her wine.
3. How did the Sikhs respond to the killing of their people by the Muslims?
(a) They attacked a Muslim refugee train.
(b) They raped the women of a village.
(c) They burned down the Muslim mosque.
(d) They killed the children of a Muslim leader.
4. What does Chand do to the young girl at the end of this section?
(a) Begins making love to her.
(b) Kills her.
(c) Berates her.
(d) Threatens her.
5. Why did Chand shake the shoulder of the old man on the train?
(a) He thought he was his brother.
(b) He thought he was his son.
(c) He thought he was pretending to be dead.
(d) He thought he was alive.
6. What does Lala refuse to hand over?
(a) Keys to his home.
(b) His women.
(c) His wallet.
(d) Keys to the safe.
7. How many passenger trains stop in Mano Majra each day?
8. Where do the men find Lala hiding?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) Inside the cellar.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the shower.
9. In what year does the story take place?
10. What makes the police officers believe they have made a mistake?
(a) Meet's faith in god.
(b) Iqbal's attitude.
(c) Jugga's alibi.
(d) Iqbal's alibi.
11. What do the citizens of Mano Majra time their lives by?
(a) The time of day.
(b) The prayers of the Muslims.
(c) The tides.
(d) The trains.
12. What does the old woman claim of the young prostitute?
(a) She is well versed in sexual relations.
(b) She has a young child.
(c) She is young and inexperienced.
(d) She is over eighteen.
13. What does Chand believe is the only absolute truth?
14. What is unique about the train the locals call the ghost train, that reminds them of the old trains?
(a) It is full of passengers.
(b) It is on time.
(c) No one is sitting on the roof.
(d) It is full of goods.
15. Who was the house originally built for?
(a) The local priest.
(b) The major.
(c) The engineer in charge of building the bridge.
(d) The colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the villagers to collect and take to the trucks by the station?
2. What does Jugga believe in that claims bad acts result in bad harvest?
3. What happened to Haseena's mother?
4. Where do the women of the village go in times of importance in the village?
5. Why are the police uneasy about their prisoners?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)