1. In what year does the story take place?
2. What is happening in India during the time of the book?
The Hindus and Muslims are in a war.
3. What was created in the summer of 1947?
The new state of Pakistan.
4. Who is the only Hindu in Mano Majra?
Lala Ram Lal.
5. What is the Sutlej?
The largest river in the Punjab.
6. What is Man Majra known for?
Its railway station.
7. What do the citizens of Mano Majra time their lives by?
This section contains 4,347 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)