|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Karma, Section II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Sikhs of the town decide the Muslims must be evacuated?
(a) To save them from the soldiers, who may do something.
(b) To save them from the villagers, who may do something.
(c) To save them from the refugees, who may do something.
(d) To save them from Malli and his gang, who may do something.
2. What was created in the summer of 1947?
(a) The new state of India.
(b) The new state of Israel.
(c) The new state of Pakistan.
(d) The new state of Sikhs.
3. What does Chand note the Subinspector and the village have not had, in terms of why they remain at peace?
(a) Convoys of dead people.
(b) Trains of refugees.
(c) Trains of diseased people.
(d) A loss of supplies.
4. What is Chand doing to the girl when they hear a shot?
(a) Getting ready to make love to her.
(b) Feeding her.
(c) Giving her wine.
(d) Scolding her.
5. What does Iqbal note he should have done to begin his political career?
(b) Gone to jail.
(c) Ran for office.
(d) Visited Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to stay at the rest house in the beginning of Chapter 1, section 2?
2. How did the hijras escape being killed?
3. What is the Sutlej?
4. What is the name of the stranger who enters Mana Majra?
5. Who is treated badly by Sardar Sahib?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)