|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Mano Majra.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Sikhs of the town decide the Muslims must be evacuated?
(a) To save them from the villagers, who may do something.
(b) To save them from the refugees, who may do something.
(c) To save them from the soldiers, who may do something.
(d) To save them from Malli and his gang, who may do something.
2. What does Chand note the Subinspector and the village have not had, in terms of why they remain at peace?
(a) Trains of diseased people.
(b) Convoys of dead people.
(c) A loss of supplies.
(d) Trains of refugees.
3. What do Jugga's enemies bring for him?
4. Why has Mano Majra become important in bureaucratic circles?
(a) The church in the middle of the city.
(b) The officer's rest house nearby.
(c) The military presence in town.
(d) The railroad.
5. What does Chand do to the young girl at the end of this section?
(a) Kills her.
(b) Berates her.
(c) Threatens her.
(d) Begins making love to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the citizens of Mano Majra time their lives by?
2. What wakes Chand, following the discussion of the monsoon?
3. Why does the lambardar record the names of those who bring the goods to the trucks?
4. What does Chand suggest they do with the Muslims?
5. What happened to Haseena's mother?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)