|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Kalyug, Section II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives and puts up tents near the railway station?
(a) Sikh soldiers.
(b) Christian missionaries.
(c) Muslim soldiers.
(d) Hindu soldiers.
2. What is happening in India during the time of the book?
(a) The Americans have invaded India.
(b) The British are moving into India.
(c) The Muslims have taken over India.
(d) The Hindus and Muslims are in a war.
3. What does Chand tell the Subinspector to do with Malli's gang?
(a) Let them go.
(b) Publicly hang them.
(c) Arrest them.
(d) Shoot them.
4. What does Lala refuse to hand over?
(a) Keys to his home.
(b) His wallet.
(c) Keys to the safe.
(d) His women.
5. Why does the lambardar record the names of those who bring the goods to the trucks?
(a) They will be paid.
(b) They will need a place to sleep.
(c) Those who do not will be punished.
(d) He will commend those that bring goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Mano Majra become important in bureaucratic circles?
2. What religion is Haseena?
3. What does Chand associate his guilt over the girl to?
4. How did the hijras escape being killed?
5. What was created in the summer of 1947?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)