|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Kalyug, Section II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Meet Singh arrange for Iqbal to sleep?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) On the ground.
(d) On the roof.
2. What happens to the soldiers that kill Sikhs in Jugga's story?
(a) They crash and die.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) They are robbed.
(d) They are arrested.
3. What does Iqbal believe the country should focus on instead of industry and agriculture?
(a) Halting the exploding population.
(b) Halting emigration.
(c) Stopping crime.
(d) Stopping immigration.
4. Where do families sleep in the evenings during the summer?
(a) In their beds.
(b) In the mosque.
(c) On the rooftops.
(d) In the fields.
5. Why does Chand believe the Hindu women jumped into wells when faced with rape?
(a) They are too vain to allow a stranger to see them.
(b) They are too pure to allow a stranger to touch them.
(c) They are too uneducated to know they will perish.
(d) They are too proud to admit defeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Imam Baksh treated with affection?
2. What does Iqbal tell Meet Singh creates criminals?
3. What do local police consider Jugga?
4. Why did Chand shake the shoulder of the old man on the train?
5. What type of Muslim does Haseena note is still in Chundunnegger, although they could also be called Sikhs?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)