|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Kalyug, Section I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Man Majra known for?
(a) Its all Muslim population.
(b) Its railway station.
(c) Its violent population.
(d) Its bridges.
2. Who does Jugga blame for his misbehavior?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) The police.
3. What does the mullah of the mosque believe in terms of freedom?
(a) That freedom is worth fighting for.
(b) That freedom only benefits the educated.
(c) That freedom often means an increase in violence.
(d) That freedom is an impossible concept.
4. What does Chand suggest they do with the Muslims?
(a) Force them to leave.
(b) Get them to leave peacefully.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Rob them.
5. In what year does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Jugga's father in this section?
2. Where do families sleep in the evenings during the summer?
3. What indicates to those on the train that Iqbal is educated?
4. Who comes to stay at the rest house in the beginning of Chapter 1, section 2?
5. Where does Meet Singh arrange for Iqbal to sleep?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)