|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Dacoity, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Sutlej?
(a) The capital of Pakistan.
(b) The largest river in the Punjab.
(c) The capital of India.
(d) The smallest river in the Punjab.
2. Who is the only Hindu in Mano Majra?
(a) Lala Ram Lal.
(b) Nooran Baksh.
(c) Jugga Singh.
(d) Iqbal Singh.
3. What does Jugga not hear the catcalling of the men?
(a) He is with his girlfriend.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is out of town.
4. What does Chand note the Subinspector and the village have not had, in terms of why they remain at peace?
(a) Convoys of dead people.
(b) Trains of diseased people.
(c) Trains of refugees.
(d) A loss of supplies.
5. What is Chand doing to the girl when they hear a shot?
(a) Getting ready to make love to her.
(b) Giving her wine.
(c) Scolding her.
(d) Feeding her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do families sleep in the evenings during the summer?
2. What does Lala offer the men to leave?
3. How many passenger trains stop in Mano Majra each day?
4. What do the citizens of Mano Majra time their lives by?
5. What is revealed about Jugga's father in this section?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)