|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Karma, Section I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the stranger go when he enters town?
(a) The station house.
(b) Jugga's home.
(c) The Sikh temple.
(d) The mosque.
2. Why does Iqbal claim the British left India?
(a) They were angry.
(b) They were no longer needed.
(c) They were lonely.
(d) They were afraid.
3. What happened to Haseena's mother?
(a) She was captured by Muslims.
(b) She died during a rape.
(c) She fled after Haseena was born.
(d) She died after Haseena was born.
4. What does Iqbal tell Meet Singh creates criminals?
(b) Pain, suffering, and a lack of religion.
(d) Hunger, want, and injustice.
5. Where does Meet Singh arrange for Iqbal to sleep?
(a) In the basement.
(b) On the roof.
(c) On the ground.
(d) In his bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the trains since the partition of the country?
2. What religion is Haseena?
3. What indicates to those on the train that Iqbal is educated?
4. What does Iqbal note he should have done to begin his political career?
5. What wakes Chand, following the discussion of the monsoon?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)