Chapter 1, Dacoity, Section 1
1. In what year does the story take place?
2. What is happening in India during the time of the book?
(a) The Muslims have taken over India.
(b) The British are moving into India.
(c) The Hindus and Muslims are in a war.
(d) The Americans have invaded India.
3. What was created in the summer of 1947?
(a) The new state of Sikhs.
(b) The new state of Israel.
(c) The new state of Pakistan.
(d) The new state of India.
4. Who is the only Hindu in Mano Majra?
(a) Iqbal Singh.
(b) Nooran Baksh.
(c) Jugga Singh.
(d) Lala Ram Lal.
5. What is the Sutlej?
(a) The capital of Pakistan.
(b) The capital of India.
(c) The largest river in the Punjab.
(d) The smallest river in the Punjab.
6. What is Man Majra known for?
(a) Its all Muslim population.
(b) Its bridges.
(c) Its violent population.
(d) Its railway station.
7. What do the citizens of Mano Majra time their lives by?
(a) The time of day.
(b) The tides.
(c) The prayers of the Muslims.
(d) The trains.
This section contains 4,347 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)