|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Robyn ensure that reporters would not hunt her down to Woodleigh Station?
2. When Robyn left Warburton in July, how long did she have to go before expecting to see another human being?
3. What is Pitjantjara?
4. What was Robyn's last allotted meal before she was to arrive at Carnegie?
5. How was Pipalyatjara different from many other settlements?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Robyn's reaction when Rick did not show up as expected on the trail, in Chapter 7?
2. What began to unravel the inner string that held down the panic in Robyn, in Chapter 8?
3. What did Dookie do that Toly found hysterical in Chapter 11?
4. What did Robyn think of the people she met at Glenayle?
5. What habit did Robyn develop from the first night on the trail in order to check on her camels?
6. According to Robyn, how did the Australian government promote assimilation in the bush?
7. When Robyn came across the first person in Pipalyatjara who spoke English, why did she ignore her first instincts to show her joy?
8. Robyn followed an abandoned track in Chapter 6. What is the definition of a track in Australia?
9. How did racism play a role in Wiluna when Robyn and Rick were invited to a dance?
10. How was Pipalyatjara unlike many other settlements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After nearly going crazy in the desert in Chapter 8, a group of Aborigines returning to Wingelinna and Pipalyatjara after a land rights meeting approached Robyn's tent. Compare and contrast the two Aborigines who stood out for Robyn: the younger man who spoke some English and the older man, Mr. Eddie. What did each represent to her?
Essay Topic 2
When the trip was finally over, what had Robin learned about herself and about other people in general?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the socioeconomic problems faced by the Aborigines in Australia. Include the Australian government's system of assimilation in your discussion.
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)