|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drove Robyn out to meet Sallay Mahomet?
2. Where did Robyn get a job her second day in Alice?
3. Who did Dookie try to kill in Chapter 4?
4. What happened to destroy Robyn's tent, forcing her back into Kurt's home?
5. What became the last straw for Robyn, leading her to leave her job at the pub?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Robyn suspect that the camels disappeared one day in Chapter 4?
2. How did the author explain her feelings towards having a home to herself at Basso's Farm?
3. Why do camels hate to be on their own?
4. What led Robyn to realize that she must work on her survival techniques in Chapter 5?
5. What did Robyn begin to discover about herself and people in Chapter 2?
6. What did Janie think about her future?
7. Why did Robyn refrain from asking people to loan her money for her trip?
8. Who was the first person who did not greet Robyn's ideas with patronizing disbelief?
9. How did Robyn try to keep Kurt's maniacal temper under control after Gladdy left him?
10. How did Robyn describe Utopia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One night, in Chapter 2, Robyn was drunk on tequila, and she had a vision of three camels in the night. What did her vision foreshadow for Robyn's journey? Explain how this prophecy came to be true.
Essay Topic 2
Many famous historical figures, such as Jesus, Gandhi, or Buddha, underwent extreme testing during their lives, often going out to the desert to be alone. What were Robyn's motives for taking on this journey?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the socioeconomic problems faced by the Aborigines in Australia. Include the Australian government's system of assimilation in your discussion.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)