|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did someone give to Robyn just before she headed out to find her lost camels in Chapter 5?
2. How were the Aborigines referred to by the girl Robyn shared a tent with?
3. What was Diggity's all-consuming passion?
4. What was the section of the pub Robyn worked in?
5. Whose needs did Kurt believe must come first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kurt's camel, Dookie, attack Robyn?
2. What led Robyn to nearly jump over the bar and prevent a policeman from beating someone?
3. What were Robyn's feelings when she shot Kate?
4. What incident led Robyn to quit her job at the pub?
5. How did Robyn get the new owner of Kurt's ranch to give her the two camels she wanted in return for giving him lessons?
6. What gave Robyn second thoughts about how easy her project would actually be?
7. How did Robyn describe Utopia?
8. What types of people made up the thirteen thousand white people living in Alice?
9. Why do camels hate to be on their own?
10. In Chapter 4, how had Kurt become a large focus in Robyn's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What, if anything, did Robyn want to prove to herself by the undertaking of this trip? What strengths and weaknesses would such a trip envision for someone like Robyn?
Essay Topic 2
Many famous historical figures, such as Jesus, Gandhi, or Buddha, underwent extreme testing during their lives, often going out to the desert to be alone. What were Robyn's motives for taking on this journey?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Robyn's inner fears and lack of self-confidence at certain points in the book.
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)