|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick talk Robyn into doing?
2. What made Robyn decide that the second person she visited was not the right person to learn from?
3. Where did Ada Baxter live?
4. When Robyn and the photographer, Rick, went their separate ways in Chapter 5, where did they arrange to meet again on Robyn's trail?
5. Why did Robyn sometimes find it difficult to track her camels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led Robyn to realize that she must work on her survival techniques in Chapter 5?
2. What was apartheid originally set up in South Africa to accomplish?
3. In Chapter 5, Robyn met Rick. What stood out about Rick in Robyn's memory?
4. Why do camels hate to be on their own?
5. How did Robyn try to keep Kurt's maniacal temper under control after Gladdy left him?
6. How did Robyn describe Utopia?
7. What gave Robyn second thoughts about how easy her project would actually be?
8. What incident led Robyn to quit her job at the pub?
9. How did Sallay become Robyn's camel-guru and savior in Chapter 2?
10. What types of people made up the thirteen thousand white people living in Alice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Robyn showed her anger by blowing up at Kurt in Chapter 1, why did she realize she let all of this anger out at last? What weakness had Kurt touched upon?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the socioeconomic problems faced by the Aborigines in Australia. Include the Australian government's system of assimilation in your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
According to Robyn, 160 years of undeclared war had been waged by the government on the Aboriginal people. Explain what this war entailed and its effects on the Aboriginals.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)