|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do camels' feces resemble?
2. Who gave Robyn emotional support at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Who came into the pub to try and talk Robyn into coming back to him?
4. What insect lived in the Basso's Farm home that Robyn detested the most?
5. Who provided Robyn with a tent to live in so she could have more privacy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the first person who did not greet Robyn's ideas with patronizing disbelief?
2. What became the last straw for Robyn, making her decide to leave Kurt in Chapter 2?
3. How did Robyn try to keep Kurt's maniacal temper under control after Gladdy left him?
4. What led Robyn to nearly jump over the bar and prevent a policeman from beating someone?
5. What types of people made up the thirteen thousand white people living in Alice?
6. What did Janie think about her future?
7. What were Robyn's feelings when she shot Kate?
8. How did the author explain her feelings towards having a home to herself at Basso's Farm?
9. When Robyn and her friends finally found the lost camels in Chapter 5, what sort of shape were the animals in?
10. How did Robyn get the new owner of Kurt's ranch to give her the two camels she wanted in return for giving him lessons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Robyn's motivations for wanting to travel across the desert with camels. Explain why it had become not merely a trip or adventure, but something far more to her.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Robyn's feelings of joy at being in the outback with her outbursts of despair and lack of self-esteem. How did the differing emotions and psychological outlooks live side-by-side within her?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Robyn's inner fears and lack of self-confidence at certain points in the book.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)