|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the range affect the people of Alice?
2. What did nearly everyone warn Robyn about?
3. What was the most economically successful and well-organized camp in town?
4. Which was one of the most successful Aboriginal communities in the territory?
5. What did Toly and Jenny build for Robyn behind Basso's?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Robyn, what was the current Australian male like as compared to the men who first settled Australia?
2. How did Kurt treat Robyn in the beginning?
3. What became the last straw for Robyn, making her decide to leave Kurt in Chapter 2?
4. How did Sallay become Robyn's camel-guru and savior in Chapter 2?
5. How did Robyn get the new owner of Kurt's ranch to give her the two camels she wanted in return for giving him lessons?
6. What gave Robyn second thoughts about how easy her project would actually be?
7. What kind of trouble did Robyn have with the camel, Kate?
8. What incident led Robyn to quit her job at the pub?
9. What did Janie think about her future?
10. What did Robyn begin to discover about herself and people in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and explain Robyn's views about the media. How did the media affect her personally?
Essay Topic 2
What, if anything, did Robyn want to prove to herself by the undertaking of this trip? What strengths and weaknesses would such a trip envision for someone like Robyn?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the socioeconomic problems faced by the Aborigines in Australia. Include the Australian government's system of assimilation in your discussion.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)