|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What repetitious action did Robyn's body take on when she had to shoot wild camels?
(a) Shake and sweat.
(b) Cry and laugh.
(c) Jump and crawl.
(d) Run and stop.
2. Who was Peter Latz?
(a) A veterinarian.
(b) An ethnobotanist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An anthropologist.
3. Who did Robyn find herself acting like with the camels, by the end of Chapter 6?
(d) Her father.
4. What time, approximately, did the camels awaken while on the trails in Chapter 6?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Very near noon.
(c) More than an hour before dawn.
(d) At dawn.
5. When Robyn left Warburton in July, how long did she have to go before expecting to see another human being?
(a) Two days.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been going on for the past 160 years between the Aboriginal people and the Australian government?
2. Who did Eddie run into while he and Robyn were walking in Pipalyatjara one evening?
3. What did Robyn refer to as being "four hundred miles of spinifex wastes"?
4. How much did Robyn eat in the mornings while on the trail in Chapter 6?
5. Why did Robyn make a great fuss over Diggity in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Robyn followed an abandoned track in Chapter 6. What is the definition of a track in Australia?
2. What habit did Robyn develop from the first night on the trail in order to check on her camels?
3. Why were sandals the best type of footwear for Robyn to wear in the desert?
4. What was so difficult about the job Glendle had?
5. Why didn't Robyn ride her camels more often during the trip?
6. What were the nuisances Robyn had to deal with when searching for a good camping spot?
7. How do Aboriginal people categorize distance?
8. When Robyn heard a car coming toward her encampment in Chapter 8, how did she feel about the unwanted company?
9. When Robyn came across the first person in Pipalyatjara who spoke English, why did she ignore her first instincts to show her joy?
10. What did Dookie do that Toly found hysterical in Chapter 11?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)