|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helped Robyn figure out what happened to her two lost camels in Chapter 10?
(a) The tracks.
(d) A compass.
2. How did Robyn ensure that reporters would not hunt her down to Woodleigh Station?
(a) She claimed to already have arrived there.
(b) She sent a fake telegram to Rick.
(c) She sent the camels back to Alice.
(d) She pretended to break a leg.
3. What did Diggity chase after one night in Chapter 10 and finally catch?
(a) A car.
(b) A bull camel.
(c) A kangaroo.
(d) A dingo.
4. Who did Robyn meet on the road in Chapter 11, thinking they might be bush people?
(b) Her friend, Jen.
(c) The popular press.
(d) Aboriginal tribesmen.
5. What did Robyn hope the people who owned a sheep station outside of Carnarvon would do?
(a) Give her shelter.
(b) Shield her from the press.
(c) Take the camels.
(d) Feed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Robyn treat her camels while traveling in the bush?
2. What did Robyn learn to live with in the desert, even though they swarmed around her and the camels in the thousands?
3. When in doubt and lost, as Robyn became in Chapter 6, what was Robyn's advice to follow?
4. What feeling overcame Robyn when she had to fly back to Alice Springs in Chapter 7?
5. What was the best type of footwear for Robyn to wear in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Eddie and Robyn were getting ready for their trip to Warburton, how did Eddie prepare?
2. How did Robyn cope in Chapter 10 when four wild bull camels were coming towards her, looking for trouble?
3. What habit did Robyn develop from the first night on the trail in order to check on her camels?
4. Robyn came to a road that was not on her map in Chapter 6. How did she react?
5. According to Robyn, how did the Australian government promote assimilation in the bush?
6. How was Pipalyatjara unlike many other settlements?
7. What happened in Chapter 12 when Zelly would not get into a truck?
8. In Chapter 10, Robyn described herself as being "utterly deprogrammed". Describe what this meant.
9. What rituals did Robyn perform on the desolate nights of camping, in Chapter 7?
10. When Robyn came across the first person in Pipalyatjara who spoke English, why did she ignore her first instincts to show her joy?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)