|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of Glendle's failures at Pipalyatjara?
(a) Wholemeal flour introduction.
(b) Blood drives.
(c) Speaking to the people.
(d) Healing the ill.
2. Why did Robyn make a great fuss over Diggity in Chapter 10?
(a) He performed a new trick.
(b) Diggity found the camels.
(c) The lost dog returned to her.
(d) Diggity found their way home.
3. Why did Robyn enjoy Aboriginal children?
(a) They spoke like adults.
(b) They never whined.
(c) Their English was perfect.
(d) They obeyed everyone.
4. How did Robyn learn to keep herself warm on the cold desert nights in Chapter 10?
(a) By shivering.
(b) By drinking tea.
(c) By lying under her dog.
(d) By burying herself in the sand.
5. How was Pipalyatjara different from many other settlements?
(a) The settlement was set up to be permanent.
(b) It did not have a multi-tribal population.
(c) There were many tribal neighborhoods.
(d) The settlement was brand new.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Robyn head for next, after she and the camels were all rested in Chapter 6?
2. What did Robyn promise to give Eddie once they reached Warburton?
3. What surprise did Rick have for Robyn in Chapter 7?
4. Who did Robyn get the most interesting mail from?
5. Where was Rick and Robyn's next anticipated meeting place once he drove across Gunbarrel Highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Robyn think of the people she met at Glenayle?
2. Robyn followed an abandoned track in Chapter 6. What is the definition of a track in Australia?
3. When Robyn lost her camels in Chapter 10, how did she try to talk herself into avoiding a panic?
4. Why didn't Robyn ride her camels more often during the trip?
5. What habit did Robyn develop from the first night on the trail in order to check on her camels?
6. What was Robyn's reaction when Rick did not show up as expected on the trail, in Chapter 7?
7. When Eddie and Robyn were getting ready for their trip to Warburton, how did Eddie prepare?
8. How did Robyn cope in Chapter 10 when four wild bull camels were coming towards her, looking for trouble?
9. Why wasn't Robyn looking forward to arriving at Ayers Rock?
10. In Chapter 10, Robyn described herself as being "utterly deprogrammed". Describe what this meant.
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)