|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robyn left Warburton in July, how long did she have to go before expecting to see another human being?
(a) Two days.
(b) A week.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
2. Why were Robyn and her friends unable to gain entry to a dance in Wiluna?
(a) They were with blacks.
(b) They did not have money.
(c) The bouncer did not know them.
(d) They were never invited.
3. What led Robyn to have a very long and tense afternoon in Chapter 10?
(a) She set a fire.
(b) She lost the water.
(c) Bull camels approached her.
(d) She got lost.
4. Who did Robyn find herself acting like with the camels, by the end of Chapter 6?
(c) Her father.
5. Who did Robyn get the most interesting mail from?
(d) Mental patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Robyn head for next, after she and the camels were all rested in Chapter 6?
2. What did Robyn find out about her feelings for Eddie in Chapter 9?
3. What was Robyn's most memorable feeling of her first day alone, after Rick left in Chapter 6?
4. What lies "like a pig in mud"?
5. What are claypans?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Robyn described herself as being "utterly deprogrammed". Describe what this meant.
2. What rituals did Robyn perform on the desolate nights of camping, in Chapter 7?
3. On Robyn's first night out on the trail, why was she a little bit nervous?
4. When Robyn heard a car coming toward her encampment in Chapter 8, how did she feel about the unwanted company?
5. What happened in Chapter 12 when Zelly would not get into a truck?
6. When Robyn came across the first person in Pipalyatjara who spoke English, why did she ignore her first instincts to show her joy?
7. What was Robyn's reaction when Rick did not show up as expected on the trail, in Chapter 7?
8. What did Dookie do that Toly found hysterical in Chapter 11?
9. What habit did Robyn develop from the first night on the trail in order to check on her camels?
10. According to Robyn, how did the Australian government promote assimilation in the bush?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)