|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Alcoota, Kate and Zeleika?
(a) Robyn's best friends.
(b) Robyn's employers.
(c) Robyn's sisters.
2. What became the last straw for Robyn, leading her to leave her job at the pub?
(a) The excrement on her pillow.
(b) The lack of money.
(c) The man who urinated against the bar.
(d) The brutal policeman.
3. What did camels wear in order for their owners to keep track of their whereabouts?
(c) Ankle bracelets.
4. What did Kurt take a strange pleasure in watching Robyn do?
(a) Get bitten by the camels.
(b) Get callusses.
5. What did Kurt sell to his buyers to go along with the ranch?
(a) Basso's Farm.
(b) All of his and Gladdy's clothing.
(c) Thirty camels.
(d) Robyn's training services.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nancy was introduced in Chapter 2. Who was she?
2. What happened to destroy Robyn's tent, forcing her back into Kurt's home?
3. What point of view does the author use?
4. What did Robyn own in order to keep herself protected, as a woman who lived alone?
5. What was the section of the pub Robyn worked in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sallay become Robyn's camel-guru and savior in Chapter 2?
2. What did Robyn begin to discover about herself and people in Chapter 2?
3. How did Robyn describe Utopia?
4. What was apartheid originally set up in South Africa to accomplish?
5. What led Robyn to realize that she must work on her survival techniques in Chapter 5?
6. What incident led Robyn to quit her job at the pub?
7. In Chapter 4, how had Kurt become a large focus in Robyn's life?
8. Why did Robyn suspect that the camels disappeared one day in Chapter 4?
9. What kind of trouble did Robyn have with the camel, Kate?
10. Who was the first person who did not greet Robyn's ideas with patronizing disbelief?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)