|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Toly and Jenny build for Robyn behind Basso's?
(a) A vegetable garden.
(b) A flower bed.
(c) A large holding yard.
(d) A serenity area.
2. How old was Joanie?
3. What was there in the Alice that sounded just like a camel bell, often fooling Robyn?
(a) A railroad train.
(b) A humming bird.
(c) A wedge-bill bird.
(d) The car horns.
4. Where did Robyn get a job her second day in Alice?
(a) A train depot.
(b) A tourist company.
(c) A pub.
(d) A newspaper.
5. Where did Robyn arrange to meet up with Jenny and Toly in Chapter 5?
(a) Redbank Gorge.
(b) Wallera Ranch.
(c) Alice Springs.
(d) Docker River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Robyn emotional support at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What type of land surrounds Alice?
3. What part of Zeleika's body became infected in Chapter 3?
4. How much money did Robyn receive from National Geographic?
5. Who was Julie, introduced in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kurt treat Robyn in the beginning?
2. What myths about camels did Robyn destroy for the reader?
3. In Chapter 4, how had Kurt become a large focus in Robyn's life?
4. According to Robyn, what was the current Australian male like as compared to the men who first settled Australia?
5. What led Robyn to nearly jump over the bar and prevent a policeman from beating someone?
6. How did Robyn try to keep Kurt's maniacal temper under control after Gladdy left him?
7. What incident led Robyn to quit her job at the pub?
8. What did Janie think about her future?
9. Why did Kurt's camel, Dookie, attack Robyn?
10. Who was the first person who did not greet Robyn's ideas with patronizing disbelief?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)