|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the Aborigines referred to by the girl Robyn shared a tent with?
(b) The apes.
(d) The boongs.
2. What was Robyn's goal in Alice?
(a) To write a book about camel taming.
(b) To work for a summer in the desert.
(c) To travel Australia by rail.
(d) To procure and train wild camels.
3. What did Rick talk Robyn into doing?
(a) Canceling her trip.
(b) Writing to National Geographic.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Going to Utopia.
4. Why was the man who sold the camels to Robyn in Chapter 4 so upset, even after the deal was made?
(a) He realized he undersold them.
(b) The man had not learned enough from Robyn.
(c) The camels continued to stray onto his land.
(d) He missed the camel, Dookie, too much.
5. What did Kurt insist on helping Robyn get, which turned out to not be worth the effort?
(a) A crow.
(b) A baby camel.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robyn do to Kate at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What ultimately happened to Clivie in Chapter 3?
3. Who did Robyn develop a close friendship with in Chapter 2?
4. What was the "dog window" in some Northern Territory bars?
5. What was the name of Sallay's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Robyn get the new owner of Kurt's ranch to give her the two camels she wanted in return for giving him lessons?
2. What led Robyn to realize that she must work on her survival techniques in Chapter 5?
3. When Bub got a piece of glass through his foot, how did Robyn manage to get help for him when her usual vets were not around?
4. How did Robyn deal with the knowledge that the photojournalist, Rick, would be intruding upon her solitary journey?
5. In Chapter 4, how had Kurt become a large focus in Robyn's life?
6. Why do camels hate to be on their own?
7. What did Janie think about her future?
8. How did Robyn describe Utopia?
9. What types of people made up the thirteen thousand white people living in Alice?
10. What gave Robyn second thoughts about how easy her project would actually be?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)