|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Robyn decide that the second person she visited was not the right person to learn from?
(a) His animals were fighting.
(b) He was too easygoing.
(c) His wife was difficult.
(d) He was mean and cursed at her.
2. Nancy was introduced in Chapter 2. Who was she?
(a) Robyn's sister.
(b) Robyn's best friend.
(c) Another camel trainer.
(d) Sallay's wife.
3. By the beginning of Chapter 4, what did Robyn believe Kurt had the capacity to do?
(a) Perform magic.
(b) Commit murder.
(c) Be generous.
(d) Train camels.
4. What do camels' feces resemble?
(b) Large mounds of rocks.
(c) Neat round little pebbles.
(d) Long worms.
5. What did Robyn tell Gladdy her feelings were about the town so far?
(a) She loved it.
(b) It was horrible.
(c) It had too many drinking men.
(d) She could live there forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was expected of Robyn in her first eight months working for Kurt?
2. Whose needs did Kurt believe must come first?
3. Who gave Robyn emotional support at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Where did Robyn get a job her second day in Alice?
5. What did Ada do to a boyfriend who was emptying a can of petrol into the dust?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Robyn deal with the knowledge that the photojournalist, Rick, would be intruding upon her solitary journey?
2. What led Robyn to nearly jump over the bar and prevent a policeman from beating someone?
3. Who was the first person who did not greet Robyn's ideas with patronizing disbelief?
4. How did Robyn describe Utopia?
5. How did Sallay become Robyn's camel-guru and savior in Chapter 2?
6. Why did Robyn refrain from asking people to loan her money for her trip?
7. What did Robyn begin to discover about herself and people in Chapter 2?
8. How did the author explain her feelings towards having a home to herself at Basso's Farm?
9. What became the last straw for Robyn, making her decide to leave Kurt in Chapter 2?
10. When Robyn and her friends finally found the lost camels in Chapter 5, what sort of shape were the animals in?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)