|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robyn learn to live with in the desert, even though they swarmed around her and the camels in the thousands?
2. What surprise did Rick have for Robyn in Chapter 7?
(a) A ring.
(b) New camels.
3. What did Robyn do to Diggity to protect her from strychnine baits in the desert?
(a) Kept biscuits in her mouth.
(b) Let her ride on Bub.
(c) Put a muzzle on her.
(d) Kept her on a leash.
4. How did Robyn treat her camels while traveling in the bush?
(a) Like any other animal.
(c) Like porcelain.
(d) With little regard.
5. What was one of the reasons that Robyn decided to let Rick accompany her to Docker River?
(a) She was in love with him.
(b) He bribed her.
(c) She was fearful of the travel there.
(d) He wanted photos of Aborigines.
6. In Chapter 7, how was Robyn feeling about the trip during the two weeks she traveled to get to Ayers Rock?
7. How did Robyn ensure that reporters would not hunt her down to Woodleigh Station?
(a) She pretended to break a leg.
(b) She sent a fake telegram to Rick.
(c) She sent the camels back to Alice.
(d) She claimed to already have arrived there.
8. What did Robyn replenish when she arrived at the station, at the end of Chapter 6?
(c) Camel medicine.
9. What did Diggity chase after one night in Chapter 10 and finally catch?
(a) A dingo.
(b) A bull camel.
(c) A car.
(d) A kangaroo.
10. In what way did Robyn have to adjust to Eddie?
(a) His loud comments.
(b) His hectic schedule.
(c) To his leisurely pace.
(d) The sleepless nights.
11. Why did Rick come racing around to track down Robyn in Chapter 11?
(a) He missed Robyn.
(b) He knew Robyn lost her dog.
(c) He read in the news that Robyn was lost.
(d) To give her a ride to the end of the journey.
12. What are claypans?
(a) Flat brown hard-baked Euclidean surfaces.
(b) Pale pink sandstone.
(c) Scultured mounds of rocks and pebbles.
(d) Clumps of spinifex.
13. What did Robyn find to be a key in relating to the Pitjantjara?
(a) Sign language.
(b) Speaking their language.
14. What did the Aboriginals call Ayers Rock?
(a) Uru Glens.
(b) Ayers Springs.
(d) Rocky Mount.
15. What was the closest thing Robyn had to keeping a diary?
(c) Writing letters.
(d) Dictating into a recorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the actual nature of Wallera Ranch?
2. What was Robyn's most memorable feeling of her first day alone, after Rick left in Chapter 6?
3. What had been going on for the past 160 years between the Aboriginal people and the Australian government?
4. What is a wilcha?
5. Why did Robyn make a great fuss over Diggity in Chapter 10?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)