|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robyn find on the third day in the bush that was not on her map?
(a) A swamp.
(b) A settlement.
(c) An inn.
(d) A road.
2. Where was Rick and Robyn's next anticipated meeting place once he drove across Gunbarrel Highway?
(a) The sea.
3. When was Robyn's favorite time of day when traveling in the Ayers Rock area?
4. What was the closest thing to a Zen statement to come out of Australia concerning the baby camel, Goliath?
(a) All you need is to love her.
(b) She'll be right, mate.
(c) Simply let her be.
(d) Friends are worth their weight in gold.
5. How did Robyn treat her camels while traveling in the bush?
(a) With little regard.
(c) Like any other animal.
(d) Like porcelain.
6. In Chapter 10, what was usually on the sandhills and about six feet across and four feet high?
(a) Camel saddles.
7. When Robyn left Warburton in July, how long did she have to go before expecting to see another human being?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
8. What did the camels finally get a hold of by the end of Chapter 11?
(c) A bush.
9. What disease affects Aborigines more than any other race, in terms of ethnic disease rates?
(c) Heart trouble.
10. Where did Robyn fly to, four days after completing her journey?
(c) New York.
(d) Alice Springs.
11. What was the visible link between Aboriginal people and their land?
12. What led Robyn to have a very long and tense afternoon in Chapter 10?
(a) She got lost.
(b) She lost the water.
(c) Bull camels approached her.
(d) She set a fire.
13. Which camel was seemingly jealous of Rick's affection for Robyn?
14. In what way did Robyn have to adjust to Eddie?
(a) His loud comments.
(b) His hectic schedule.
(c) To his leisurely pace.
(d) The sleepless nights.
15. According to Robyn, when were photographers most brave?
(a) When asleep.
(b) When setting up a shot.
(c) When on their home turf.
(d) When looking through a lens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robyn replenish when she arrived at the station, at the end of Chapter 6?
2. What was the Pitjantjara's belief about who once traversed the earth?
3. Why did Robyn enjoy Aboriginal children?
4. What did Robyn hope the people who owned a sheep station outside of Carnarvon would do?
5. How did Robyn speed Zelly on the road to recovery?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)