|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of the reasons that Robyn decided to let Rick accompany her to Docker River?
(a) She was in love with him.
(b) He wanted photos of Aborigines.
(c) He bribed her.
(d) She was fearful of the travel there.
2. What happened to Diggity in Chapter 10?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She died.
(c) She drank some bad water.
(d) She bit Robyn.
3. What helped Robyn figure out what happened to her two lost camels in Chapter 10?
(b) A compass.
(c) The tracks.
4. What idea did Robyn want to share with the world, opposite of the press she was receiving?
(a) She had done something ordinary people cannot do.
(b) The world is a dangerous place for girls.
(c) She was exceptional.
(d) Anyone can do anything.
5. What was one of Glendle's failures at Pipalyatjara?
(a) Speaking to the people.
(b) Healing the ill.
(c) Blood drives.
(d) Wholemeal flour introduction.
6. What feeling overcame Robyn when she had to fly back to Alice Springs in Chapter 7?
7. What adjective did Robyn use to describe the green landscape of the sandhills in Chapter 7?
(d) Sea water.
8. What did Diggity chase after one night in Chapter 10 and finally catch?
(a) A bull camel.
(b) A kangaroo.
(c) A car.
(d) A dingo.
9. What led Robyn to have a very long and tense afternoon in Chapter 10?
(a) She got lost.
(b) Bull camels approached her.
(c) She set a fire.
(d) She lost the water.
10. How did RIck throw the reporters off Robyn's path in Chapter 11?
(a) He told a reporter she was going to be in Meekatharra next.
(b) He called the National Geographic offices.
(c) He gave them photos of her to keep them quiet.
(d) He threatened a lawsuit.
11. What was the 'overlander' in Chapter 10 driving when he disturbed Robyn's camp?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A Honda.
(c) A Suzuki.
(d) A mini Cooper.
12. Why did Robyn enjoy Aboriginal children?
(a) They spoke like adults.
(b) They obeyed everyone.
(c) They never whined.
(d) Their English was perfect.
13. How did Robyn ensure that reporters would not hunt her down to Woodleigh Station?
(a) She sent the camels back to Alice.
(b) She sent a fake telegram to Rick.
(c) She pretended to break a leg.
(d) She claimed to already have arrived there.
14. According to Robyn, when were photographers most brave?
(a) When asleep.
(b) When looking through a lens.
(c) When on their home turf.
(d) When setting up a shot.
15. What are claypans?
(a) Clumps of spinifex.
(b) Pale pink sandstone.
(c) Flat brown hard-baked Euclidean surfaces.
(d) Scultured mounds of rocks and pebbles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Rick and Robyn's next anticipated meeting place once he drove across Gunbarrel Highway?
2. How did Robyn learn to keep herself warm on the cold desert nights in Chapter 10?
3. Who did Robyn hide out from in Chapter 11, camping off the road in a dense thicket?
4. What lies "like a pig in mud"?
5. What was Robyn's last allotted meal before she was to arrive at Carnegie?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)