|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Robyn's favorite time of day when traveling in the Ayers Rock area?
2. Why did Rick come racing around to track down Robyn in Chapter 11?
(a) To give her a ride to the end of the journey.
(b) He knew Robyn lost her dog.
(c) He missed Robyn.
(d) He read in the news that Robyn was lost.
3. What repetitious action did Robyn's body take on when she had to shoot wild camels?
(a) Jump and crawl.
(b) Shake and sweat.
(c) Cry and laugh.
(d) Run and stop.
4. Who did Robyn find herself acting like with the camels, by the end of Chapter 6?
(c) Her father.
5. What had Sallay strongly warned Robyn to fear the most in the desert?
(b) Lack of water.
(c) Wild camel bulls.
(d) Poisonous plants.
6. How did Robyn learn to keep herself warm on the cold desert nights in Chapter 10?
(a) By shivering.
(b) By burying herself in the sand.
(c) By lying under her dog.
(d) By drinking tea.
7. What had Robyn been looking forward to seeing for many years, in Chapter 7?
(a) Redbank Gorge.
(b) Wild camels.
(c) The Olgas.
(d) Ayers Rock.
8. What feeling overcame Robyn when she had to fly back to Alice Springs in Chapter 7?
9. What lies "like a pig in mud"?
(a) The camera.
(c) Peole like Kurt.
(d) The mirror.
10. When making camp in a dust-bowl in Chapter 10, what did Robyn unselfconsciously do with the animals?
(a) Sleep next to them.
(b) Play with them.
(c) Beat them.
(d) Pet them lovingly.
11. What was one of Glendle's failures at Pipalyatjara?
(a) Speaking to the people.
(b) Healing the ill.
(c) Wholemeal flour introduction.
(d) Blood drives.
12. What surprise did Rick have for Robyn in Chapter 7?
(a) A ring.
(d) New camels.
13. Who was Peter Muir?
(a) A bushman.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A town doctor.
(d) A vet.
14. What did Diggity chase after one night in Chapter 10 and finally catch?
(a) A bull camel.
(b) A dingo.
(c) A kangaroo.
(d) A car.
15. In what way did Robyn have to adjust to Eddie?
(a) To his leisurely pace.
(b) The sleepless nights.
(c) His loud comments.
(d) His hectic schedule.
Short Answer Questions
1. When in doubt and lost, as Robyn became in Chapter 6, what was Robyn's advice to follow?
2. What was the 'overlander' in Chapter 10 driving when he disturbed Robyn's camp?
3. Finish this statement that a very wise friend of Robyn's from Alice once told her: When things go wrong on the track, rather than panic, boil the billy, sit down and __________.
4. What was one of the reasons that Robyn decided to let Rick accompany her to Docker River?
5. What did Robyn do to Diggity to protect her from strychnine baits in the desert?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)