|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what was usually on the sandhills and about six feet across and four feet high?
(a) Camel saddles.
2. Why were Robyn and her friends unable to gain entry to a dance in Wiluna?
(a) The bouncer did not know them.
(b) They were with blacks.
(c) They did not have money.
(d) They were never invited.
3. What was Robyn's most memorable feeling of her first day alone, after Rick left in Chapter 6?
4. What idea did Robyn want to share with the world, opposite of the press she was receiving?
(a) She was exceptional.
(b) The world is a dangerous place for girls.
(c) Anyone can do anything.
(d) She had done something ordinary people cannot do.
5. What surprise did Rick have for Robyn in Chapter 7?
(b) New camels.
(d) A ring.
6. In what way did Robyn have to adjust to Eddie?
(a) His loud comments.
(b) The sleepless nights.
(c) To his leisurely pace.
(d) His hectic schedule.
7. What did Robyn find on the third day in the bush that was not on her map?
(a) A settlement.
(b) An inn.
(c) A swamp.
(d) A road.
8. What feeling overcame Robyn when she had to fly back to Alice Springs in Chapter 7?
9. What disease affects Aborigines more than any other race, in terms of ethnic disease rates?
(c) Heart trouble.
10. How did Mrs. Liddle explain the strangeness of a deserted Aboriginal camp in Chapter 7?
(c) Renegade tourists.
(d) Wild camels.
11. What did Eddie give Robyn on the trail to give her energy?
12. Where was Rick and Robyn's next anticipated meeting place once he drove across Gunbarrel Highway?
(d) The sea.
13. What did the Aboriginals call Ayers Rock?
(a) Rocky Mount.
(b) Ayers Springs.
(d) Uru Glens.
14. When in doubt and lost, as Robyn became in Chapter 6, what was Robyn's advice to follow?
(b) Follow the sun.
(c) Trust your instincts.
(d) Ask someone.
15. What was the 'overlander' in Chapter 10 driving when he disturbed Robyn's camp?
(a) A mini Cooper.
(b) A Honda.
(c) A Porsche.
(d) A Suzuki.
Short Answer Questions
1. What repetitious action did Robyn's body take on when she had to shoot wild camels?
2. What did Robyn hope the people who owned a sheep station outside of Carnarvon would do?
3. What made Robyn set a compass course for Ayers Rock instead of staying on the road?
4. What did Robyn find out about her feelings for Eddie in Chapter 9?
5. The Aboriginals called Robyn "kungka rama-rama" in Chapter 6. What does this mean?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)