|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was able to snap Robyn out of her depression in Chapter 4?
(a) The arrival of a friend.
(b) Talking to Kurt.
(c) Riding her camel, Kate.
2. Nancy was introduced in Chapter 2. Who was she?
(a) Sallay's wife.
(b) Robyn's sister.
(c) Robyn's best friend.
(d) Another camel trainer.
3. When did Zelly decide to give birth?
(a) While Robyn was away on holiday.
(b) At the end of her journey.
(c) While Robyn was exhausted.
(d) In the middle of the night.
4. Who lived in Basso's Farm?
(a) Friends that Robyn made.
(b) Kurt's best friends.
(c) Strangers to everyone.
5. Who waited very patiently and faithfully while Robyn searched for the three lost camels?
6. What was the name of Sallay's wife?
7. By the beginning of Chapter 4, what did Robyn believe Kurt had the capacity to do?
(a) Commit murder.
(b) Be generous.
(c) Train camels.
(d) Perform magic.
8. Who was Julie, introduced in Chapter 4?
(a) A friend living with Robyn.
(b) A policewoman in town.
(c) Kurt's new girlfriend.
(d) A camel trainer.
9. How did Robyn end up living at Basso's Farm?
(a) She hid in the basement.
(b) The previous tenants moved out.
(c) She married the owner.
(d) Kurt sent her there.
10. What was the most economically successful and well-organized camp in town?
(a) Camp Dora.
(b) Camp Cook.
(c) Todd Camp.
(d) Mt. Nancy.
11. What was the name of Robyn's dog?
12. What ultimately happened to Clivie in Chapter 3?
(a) He became a policeman.
(b) He was hit by a car.
(c) He became a great friend of Robyn's.
(d) He was sent to a boys' home.
13. Why was the man who sold the camels to Robyn in Chapter 4 so upset, even after the deal was made?
(a) The man had not learned enough from Robyn.
(b) He missed the camel, Dookie, too much.
(c) He realized he undersold them.
(d) The camels continued to stray onto his land.
14. What was Robyn's first impression of Alice?
(a) The beauty of the homes.
(b) How deserted it was.
(c) The lack of women.
(d) Its architectural ugliness.
15. What is a camel's only natural enemy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ada do to a boyfriend who was emptying a can of petrol into the dust?
2. Who drove Robyn out to meet Sallay Mahomet?
3. Which was one of the most successful Aboriginal communities in the territory?
4. What did Robyn consider taking money from National Geographic to be?
5. What did camels wear in order for their owners to keep track of their whereabouts?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)