|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did someone give to Robyn just before she headed out to find her lost camels in Chapter 5?
(a) A pamphlet on the symptoms of dying of thirst.
(b) A new camel.
(c) A vial of snake bite antidote.
(d) A carton of cigarettes.
2. 'A person preferring safety, comfort, illusion, to the hazards and adventures of revolution.' What is this phrase from Chapter 5 a definition of?
(c) A classless society.
3. What did Ada do to a boyfriend who was emptying a can of petrol into the dust?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Struck him with an axe.
(c) Wrapped him in a blanket.
(d) Threw a bottle tequila at him.
4. What was expected of Robyn in her first eight months working for Kurt?
(a) To watch Kurt and learn.
(b) To follow and pick up after the camels all day.
(c) Clean house.
(d) To spy on Kurt's camel saddle designs.
5. What did Rick talk Robyn into doing?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Writing to National Geographic.
(c) Canceling her trip.
(d) Going to Utopia.
6. What did Robyn tell Gladdy her feelings were about the town so far?
(a) She loved it.
(b) She could live there forever.
(c) It was horrible.
(d) It had too many drinking men.
7. What is a camel's kicking radius?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Six inches.
(c) Eight feet.
(d) Three feet.
8. Where did Ada Baxter live?
(a) At the campgrounds.
(b) At the back of Basso's Farm.
(c) In Kurt's stable.
(d) The room at the pub.
9. What was the "dog window" in some Northern Territory bars?
(a) The area in which women were served.
(b) A back window where liquor was sold to blacks.
(c) An entrance for customers' dogs.
(d) The cashier's payment window.
10. Who was Bubby?
(a) Robyn's boyfriend.
(b) Kurt's bull.
(c) Kurt's first wife.
(d) The bartender at the pub.
11. What did Toly and Jenny build for Robyn behind Basso's?
(a) A flower bed.
(b) A large holding yard.
(c) A serenity area.
(d) A vegetable garden.
12. What did Robyn suffer from during her dress rehearsal and pre-meeting with the Americans in Chapter 5?
(a) A cold.
(b) Severe stage fright.
(c) A bout of pneumonia.
(d) The flu.
13. What did Kurt sell to his buyers to go along with the ranch?
(a) Basso's Farm.
(b) Robyn's training services.
(c) All of his and Gladdy's clothing.
(d) Thirty camels.
14. Who provided Robyn with a tent to live in so she could have more privacy?
(a) The tenants of Basso's Farm.
(d) Her sister.
15. What did Robyn coldly contemplate doing one night when she slept over at Gladdy's house in Chapter 4?
(a) Killing Kurt.
(b) Harming Gladdy.
(c) Committing suicide.
(d) Going home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the Aborigines referred to by the girl Robyn shared a tent with?
2. How did Robyn end up living at Basso's Farm?
3. What insect lived in the Basso's Farm home that Robyn detested the most?
4. Who was Blue?
5. Which was one of the most successful Aboriginal communities in the territory?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)