|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provided Robyn with a tent to live in so she could have more privacy?
(a) The tenants of Basso's Farm.
(d) Her sister.
2. What was able to snap Robyn out of her depression in Chapter 4?
(a) Riding her camel, Kate.
(b) The arrival of a friend.
(d) Talking to Kurt.
3. Who came into the pub to try and talk Robyn into coming back to him?
(a) The young geologist.
4. What did the blue smoke seen by Robyn through the gum leaves indicate?
(a) The local bar.
(b) A camel herd.
(c) A church.
(d) Aboriginal camps.
5. How old was Joanie?
6. What was the name of Sallay's wife?
7. Where did Robyn get a job her second day in Alice?
(a) A train depot.
(b) A pub.
(c) A tourist company.
(d) A newspaper.
8. What did Robyn suffer from during her dress rehearsal and pre-meeting with the Americans in Chapter 5?
(a) Severe stage fright.
(b) A cold.
(c) A bout of pneumonia.
(d) The flu.
9. By the beginning of Chapter 4, what did Robyn believe Kurt had the capacity to do?
(a) Be generous.
(b) Perform magic.
(c) Commit murder.
(d) Train camels.
10. Who drove Robyn out to meet Sallay Mahomet?
(a) A tourist guide.
(b) An animal trainer.
(c) A geologist.
(d) A teacher.
11. What did Frankie and Clivie do to Robyn?
(a) Stole from her.
(b) Lied to her.
(c) Brought her presents.
(d) Teased her.
12. What did Robyn consider taking money from National Geographic to be?
(a) The best luck she ever had.
(b) Newfound freedom.
(d) A sell-out.
13. What caused Robyn to sit on the riverbank and weep for 30 minutes in Chapter 4?
(a) Bub's foot was cut badly.
(b) Dookie tried to kill her again.
(c) Zelly had her baby camel.
(d) She was lost in the desert.
14. How did Robyn end up living at Basso's Farm?
(a) She hid in the basement.
(b) Kurt sent her there.
(c) The previous tenants moved out.
(d) She married the owner.
15. What was Robyn's goal in Alice?
(a) To procure and train wild camels.
(b) To work for a summer in the desert.
(c) To travel Australia by rail.
(d) To write a book about camel taming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the local folklore claim to make people fall in love with the Alice?
2. What was the section of the pub Robyn worked in?
3. What was the only type of job the Aborigine child was likely to get upon finishing school?
4. Nancy was introduced in Chapter 2. Who was she?
5. What did Ada do to a boyfriend who was emptying a can of petrol into the dust?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)