|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the closest thing to a Zen statement to come out of Australia concerning the baby camel, Goliath?
(a) Friends are worth their weight in gold.
(b) All you need is to love her.
(c) She'll be right, mate.
(d) Simply let her be.
2. How long did Robyn's pure, uncomplicated confidence last, telling her that she had done something correct for a change?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Ten seconds.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Thirty days.
3. What are claypans?
(a) Scultured mounds of rocks and pebbles.
(b) Pale pink sandstone.
(c) Flat brown hard-baked Euclidean surfaces.
(d) Clumps of spinifex.
4. What was the only type of job the Aborigine child was likely to get upon finishing school?
(b) Itinerant station work.
(c) Owning a business.
(d) Corporation work.
5. Where did Robyn head for next, after she and the camels were all rested in Chapter 6?
(a) Redbank Gorge.
(c) Tempe Downs station.
(d) Alice Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most economically successful and well-organized camp in town?
2. Who was Slim Dusty?
3. What did the blue smoke seen by Robyn through the gum leaves indicate?
4. When Robyn left Warburton in July, how long did she have to go before expecting to see another human being?
5. How did Robyn learn to keep herself warm on the cold desert nights in Chapter 10?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)