|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the local folklore claim to make people fall in love with the Alice?
(a) Seeing the Todd River flow three times.
(b) Purchasing a boomerang.
(c) Seeing the range for the first time.
(d) Stepping into Alice Springs.
2. When Robyn and the photographer, Rick, went their separate ways in Chapter 5, where did they arrange to meet again on Robyn's trail?
(a) Docker River.
(b) Wallera Ranch.
(c) Alice Springs.
(d) Ayers Rock.
3. What did the Aboriginals call Ayers Rock?
(a) Ayers Springs.
(c) Rocky Mount.
(d) Uru Glens.
4. What was the modern-day manifestation of the Australian male?
(a) Charming, sober and effeminate.
(b) Easygoing, educated and fun.
(c) Mannerly, adventuresome and handsome.
(d) Biased, brutal and boring.
5. When in doubt and lost, as Robyn became in Chapter 6, what was Robyn's advice to follow?
(a) Follow the sun.
(b) Ask someone.
(c) Trust your instincts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Julie, introduced in Chapter 4?
2. What had been going on for the past 160 years between the Aboriginal people and the Australian government?
3. What was there in the Alice that sounded just like a camel bell, often fooling Robyn?
4. What was Robyn's goal in Alice?
5. How were the Aborigines referred to by the girl Robyn shared a tent with?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)