|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately happened to Clivie in Chapter 3?
(a) He was sent to a boys' home.
(b) He was hit by a car.
(c) He became a policeman.
(d) He became a great friend of Robyn's.
2. How did the local folklore claim to make people fall in love with the Alice?
(a) Seeing the range for the first time.
(b) Purchasing a boomerang.
(c) Seeing the Todd River flow three times.
(d) Stepping into Alice Springs.
3. What was expected of Robyn in her first eight months working for Kurt?
(a) To spy on Kurt's camel saddle designs.
(b) To watch Kurt and learn.
(c) Clean house.
(d) To follow and pick up after the camels all day.
4. What was the only type of job the Aborigine child was likely to get upon finishing school?
(a) Corporation work.
(b) Owning a business.
(c) Itinerant station work.
5. What is a camel's kicking radius?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Eight feet.
(c) Six inches.
(d) Three feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Robyn decide that the second person she visited was not the right person to learn from?
2. 'A person preferring safety, comfort, illusion, to the hazards and adventures of revolution.' What is this phrase from Chapter 5 a definition of?
3. Who was Julie, introduced in Chapter 4?
4. What did Toly and Jenny build for Robyn behind Basso's?
5. What did Robyn own in order to keep herself protected, as a woman who lived alone?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)