|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prospers while the Pillagers suffer?
2. What does the man who visits Pauline's room bring with him?
3. Where do the commodities come from?
4. What does Bernadette do when her children marry outside her wishes?
5. What does Eli give to Lulu?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of gambling in the lives of Native American and in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the turn of events that allows Pauline to enter the convent and causes Fleur to lose her family land. Is this a case of white ways vs. Indian ways? What does the situation say about the treatment of Indians by whites?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities between Lulu and her mother. What changes those similar qualities? Why is Lulu unable to remain pure Indian? Why do you think Fleur does not return for Lulu or Nanapush?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)