|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pauline call the marks left by the forceps on Marie's head?
2. What family does Lulu want to marry into?
3. What does Margaret suggest as a means to save the Pillager land?
4. Who does Eli say is the father of Fleur's second child?
5. What does the man who visits Pauline's room bring with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the transformation Fleur makes after the baby's death.
2. How does the family react to news of the government's fee for their land?
3. Describe what happens when Fleur's baby tries to come early.
4. Describe Pauline's reasons for going to Lake Matchimanito one last time. What is her purpose and who is she waiting for?
5. Describe how Nanapush helps Eli hunt.
6. How does Lulu's decision to run to Nanapush and Margaret show her likeness to her mother?
7. How does Pauline feel about Christ at the start of the chapter?
8. Describe how Pauline's hands are wounded for the first time.
9. Compare Nanapush talking to keep Lulu alive to his talking to save himself and Fleur in Chapter 1.
10. Describe how Fleur gets even following the attack on Nanapush and Margaret.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Native American way of marrying. What is required for a man and woman to be considered husband and wife? Are there laws regarding how many wives a man may take? Why does Father Damien object so strongly to Nanapush's relationship with Margaret?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the meaning(s) of the book title. What kinds of tracks are there in the book? Are tracks being created or erased or both?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference in generation. Nector is compared to Eli, Lulu to Fleur. What changes from older to younger? What do those changes mean for the Native Americans?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)