Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens whenever Pauline's dressings are changed?
2. Why does Pauline feel no guilt over Napoleon's death?
3. Who moves into the empty houses?
4. Who takes the land money to pay the agent?
5. How many children does Sophie's husband already have?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the language of the story. Nanapush speaks like nature while Pauline is more civilized. How do these differences work together? How do they present a complete story of the Native Americans?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of gambling in the lives of Native American and in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities between Lulu and her mother. What changes those similar qualities? Why is Lulu unable to remain pure Indian? Why do you think Fleur does not return for Lulu or Nanapush?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)