|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pauline's new name?
2. Who moves into the empty houses?
3. Who do they bring to the shore to persuade Pauline off the lake?
4. What does Lulu wear to go to Margaret's cabin?
5. What does Nanapush do for Eli to find his way home?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Fleur's character. Does she change from beginning to end? How? What causes any changes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of home. Margaret says the Kashpaw place is where people survive and stick together. The Pillager home seems to be plagued by turmoil and death. Why are ther different auras around each home? What do the Native Americans believe about the home and the land on which the home is built?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the language of the story. Nanapush speaks like nature while Pauline is more civilized. How do these differences work together? How do they present a complete story of the Native Americans?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)