|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens whenever Pauline's dressings are changed?
2. Why does Pauline feel no guilt over Napoleon's death?
3. Who moves into the empty houses?
4. Who takes the land money to pay the agent?
5. How many children does Sophie's husband already have?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eli hunting the moose and Nanapush's "help." What sort of help does Nanapush offer Eli? How is this help similar to the help Nanapush gave Eli while trying to court Fleur?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why you think the story is told from Nanapush and Pauline's points of view. Why is Fleur never given a voice? Why does the reader never hear from Lulu?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the language of the story. Nanapush speaks like nature while Pauline is more civilized. How do these differences work together? How do they present a complete story of the Native Americans?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)