|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pronounces Pauline white and able to serve in the convent?
2. What does Bernadette do when her children marry outside her wishes?
3. What does Fleur do when she learns what happened to Margaret?
4. Fleur plays cards with the three men who attacked her in Argus. What does Lilly pull from a shirt?
5. Where does Pauline travel in her dreams?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the similarities between Lulu and her mother. What changes those similar qualities? Why is Lulu unable to remain pure Indian? Why do you think Fleur does not return for Lulu or Nanapush?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Nanapush's character. Does he change from beginning to end? How? What causes any changes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difficulties of introducing a new religion, like Christianity, into a long standing religion centered on cultural traditions.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)