|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Nector when he snares Lazarre and Clarence?
2. Where does Fleur go in the middle of the night?
3. What does Sister Anne do that requires her to confess her sin to Father Damien?
4. Who feeds Pauline fish broth?
5. What do Nanapush and Nector use for their snares?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pauline feel about Christ at the start of the chapter?
2. How is Eli successful in getting Fleur to give him affection again?
3. What secret does Eli reveal to Nanapush about Fleur and her nighttime activities?
4. Describe how Nanapush helps Eli hunt.
5. What family does the adult Lulu want to marry into? What sort of people are they?
6. How does Lulu's decision to run to Nanapush and Margaret show her likeness to her mother?
7. Why does Pauline panic when she and Fleur travel to the land of the dead?
8. What significance is there to Pauline shedding skin every time her bandages are changed?
9. How does Nanapush try to save Pauline just as he saved Fleur and Lulu?
10. Compare Nanapush talking to keep Lulu alive to his talking to save himself and Fleur in Chapter 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eli hunting the moose and Nanapush's "help." What sort of help does Nanapush offer Eli? How is this help similar to the help Nanapush gave Eli while trying to court Fleur?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of home. Margaret says the Kashpaw place is where people survive and stick together. The Pillager home seems to be plagued by turmoil and death. Why are ther different auras around each home? What do the Native Americans believe about the home and the land on which the home is built?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nanapush's ties to the land.
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)