|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pukwan treat Fleur when he drags the sled?
(a) Bounces her and tips her over
(b) Very carefully
(c) He yells at her
(d) He refuses to pull her
2. How is Russell related to Pauline?
(b) No relation
3. Nanapush says the people were led astray by?
(a) Father Damien
(b) Liquor or money
(d) The Lake Monster
4. What does Pauline think attracted Fleur to Argus?
(a) Winning at poker
(b) Working for a butcher
(c) The men
(d) The steeple of the Catholic church
5. What does Margaret throw into the lake on her way to the Pillagers?
6. Where is Fleur attacked by the men?
(a) In a pig sty
(b) In the butcher shop
(c) In the Catholic church
(d) In the freezer
7. What makes fools of anyone?
(c) The lake monster
(d) The moon
8. Nanapush warns Fleur that what will happen to the land?
(a) The animals will desert her woods
(b) Eli will take it from her
(c) The lake monster will come on land
(d) It will be sold
9. Where does Fleur put Pauline and Russell to sleep?
(a) In her own bed
(b) On a screened porch
(c) In the freezer
(d) In a closet
10. What does Bernadette give to Pauline to help with her dreams?
(a) Soothing tea
(b) Napoleon as her husband
(c) A charm to wear around her neck
(d) A dreamcatcher
11. Who shut the men in the meat locker?
12. Why are people suspicious when Fleur survives drowning?
(a) She can't swim
(b) No one helped save her
(c) The water was freezing
(d) She was considered dead
13. What makes Pauline different from her family?
(a) She has blonde hair
(b) She cannot talk
(c) She walks with a limp
(d) She shuns Indian ways
14. What killed a large number of Anishinabe in 1912?
(a) Hay Fever
(b) Crow Indians
(c) The French
(d) Spotted sickness
15. Who are the three men Fleur plays poker with?
(a) Russell, Lily, Eli
(b) Russell, Lily, Dutch
(c) Pete, Lily, Dutch
(d) Lily, Tor, and Dutch James
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the day after Fleur is attacked?
2. Edgar works for what organization?
3. Who does Margaret have spy on Eli and Fleur?
4. What does Pauline see the statue do?
5. What skill does Pauline learn?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)