|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Margaret have spy on Eli and Fleur?
(a) Boy Lazarre
2. What name does Nanapush give instead of his real name?
(c) No Name
3. What is Misshepeshu?
(a) Fleur's son
(b) water man/monster
(c) Fleur's father
(d) Fleur's lover
4. What item is given to non-Christians?
(a) An extra pair of shoes
(b) A blanket
(c) Final communion
(d) A silver cross
5. What does Pauline think attracted Fleur to Argus?
(a) The men
(b) The steeple of the Catholic church
(c) Working for a butcher
(d) Winning at poker
6. Who cares for Fleur when she comes back?
7. What does Pukwan do to the Pillager house?
(a) Dig a ditch around it
(b) Quarantine it and try to burn it down
(c) Bulldoze it
(d) Board it up
8. What is said to cause Lazarre to talk backwards?
(a) He has a speech problem
(b) His tongue is sewn in backwards
(c) He is mentally retarded
(d) He is cursed
9. How does Bernadette punish Sophie for coupling with Eli?
(a) Sends her to a convent
(b) Makes her sleep in the barn
(c) Beats her with a strap
(d) Makes her drink a potion in case she is pregnant
10. What is windigo?
(b) The sickness that killed Fleur's family
(c) Another tribe of Indian
(d) The name of the lake monster
11. What happens the day after Fleur is attacked?
(a) There is a blizzard.
(b) A fire burns the meat market
(c) A tornado flattens Argus
(d) Dutch comes up missing
12. Who is Nanapush speaking to?
13. What does odjib mean?
(a) A thing of smoke
(b) One of Nanapush's wives
(c) A name of another tribe
(d) Fleur's real name
14. Who is Eli's brother?
15. What is the baby's name?
(a) Fleur Nanapush
(b) Lulu Nanapush
(c) Lulu Kashpaw
(d) Lulu Fleur
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Russell's stepfather?
2. How old is Pauline when she first meets Fleur?
3. What color eyes and skin does Fleur's baby have?
4. Nanapush is considered an elder but is only how old?
5. What does Pauline see the statue do?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)