|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lake where Fleur's cabin is located?
2. What is Nanapush's daughter's nickname?
3. Who are the three men Fleur plays poker with?
(a) Russell, Lily, Dutch
(b) Lily, Tor, and Dutch James
(c) Pete, Lily, Dutch
(d) Russell, Lily, Eli
4. What time of year does this chapter take place?
5. What do people say about Pauline?
(a) She is in love with Fleur
(b) She is Russell's mother
(c) She is touched in the mind
(d) She is pregnant
6. What saves Nanapush and Fleur from death?
(a) Spring thaw
(c) Father Damien's visit
7. What is wrong with the bear?
(a) It is pregnant
(b) It is drunk
(c) It is wounded
(d) It is sick
8. Nanapush warns Fleur that what will happen to the land?
(a) Eli will take it from her
(b) The animals will desert her woods
(c) The lake monster will come on land
(d) It will be sold
9. Nanapush is considered an elder but is only how old?
10. What does Eli Kashpaw track into Fleur's woods?
(a) A rabbit
(b) A fox
(c) A bear
(d) A doe
11. What killed a large number of Anishinabe in 1912?
(a) Spotted sickness
(b) Hay Fever
(c) Crow Indians
(d) The French
12. What is the only thing that lasts life to life?
13. What are the clan markers of Fleur's family?
(a) An owl and wolf
(b) A bear, an eagle, and a fox
(c) 4 cross-hatched bears and a marten
(d) A lizard and a fish
14. Which man is found barely alive?
(a) Dutch James
15. Where do Pauline's people bury the dead?
(a) In trees
(b) The burn them
(c) In the lake
(d) In the ground
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people talk about when Fleur returns?
2. What name does Nanapush give instead of his real name?
3. What is the baby's name?
4. Where is Pauline found after Mary Pepawas dies?
5. Why does Pauline want to leave Argus?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)