|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example of the executions does the Confessor give the King?
2. What does the Boy say the peasants are doing?
3. What does the King urge Julian to be?
4. Why does Sigismund dismiss the others?
5. A rebel named Jeronim tells other rebels that Sigismund's insane-sounding words are proof of what?
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between Sigismund and the Children's King is important.
Part 1) Describe their relationship. Why is their relationship like this?
Part 2) Why is their relationship important?
Part 3) What does their relationship symbolize? What is the audience supposed to get from this relationship? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The Gypsy Girl's reference to Sigismund as Judas is ironic.
Part 1) Why does she refer to him as Judas? Would you have agreed with her? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why is this reference ironic?
Part 3) What must be known about Sigismund to realize the irony?
Essay Topic 3
There is a contrast between Olivier and Sigismund.
Part 1) Describe each character. Why might they be the way they are?
Part 2) How do they differ? Why do they differ?
Part 3) How do these differences guide the action that takes place throughout the play? What role does Olivier play in Sigismund's death?
This section contains 1,424 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)