Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King tell the other courtiers about Julian's behavior?
2. Whose grave does the King want to see?
3. Ignatius says everything the King is and has ever been is nothing but what?
4. How does Ignatius respond when the King falls to his knees, asking Ignatius' guidance in how to get his son back?
5. Who is the visitor Ignatius is happy to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this scene begin?
2. How does Anton react to this news? What other news does Simon give Anton?
3. What does the King instruct the Monk to do?
4. How does the scene open?
5. What is expected of the Doctor?
6. How does the scene begin?
7. What does Sigismund say when he sees the Doctor's shocked expression?
8. What does the conversation with the Peasant Woman reveal?
9. What does the King say Sigismund must do?
10. How does Sigismund imitate Christ?
Essay Topic 1
Part of the play's thematic point relates to the value of the spirit.
Part 1) Prove this statement.
Part 2) What is meant by the spirit? Is the spirit valuable? Why or why not?
Part 3) What might this thematic point reveal about the author? Is the spirit valuable to the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Sigismund comments that he is his own father and son.
Part 1) Why does he say this? How is he both his own father and son?
Part 2) What does this statement symbolize?
Part 3) Compare his relationship with his father to Christ's with his Father.
Essay Topic 3
The tower has significant symbolic value.
Part 1) Describe the tower. Why is this also the title of the book?
Part 2) What does the tower symbolize? Why is it significant?
Part 3) What should the audience take with them after seeing this play? Why?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)