|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does the Doctor ask?
2. How does Andrew explain the source of the noise?
3. How does Olivier speak about violence to come?
4. What does Olivier think he hears being passed back and forth?
5. What does Julian tell the Doctor he is expected to do, regarding the Prisoner's health?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at the beginning of this scene?
2. How does the Confessor respond to the King?
3. How does this act begin?
4. What is causing the banging noise? Why?
5. How is Sigismund serving the rebels?
6. What does the King say to the Confessor?
7. How does Olivier speak to those around him at the beginning of the scene?
8. What are Olivier and his rebels doing to the peasants?
9. How does this scene begin?
10. How does the play end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between Sigismund and the Children's King is important.
Part 1) Describe their relationship. Why is their relationship like this?
Part 2) Why is their relationship important?
Part 3) What does their relationship symbolize? What is the audience supposed to get from this relationship? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The play's secondary point is that the kind of spiritual life Sigismund leads is ideal.
Part 1) Describe Sigismund's spiritual life. Why might it be ideal?
Part 2) What does the author expect the audience to do with this knowledge? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) How does Sigismund reveal to the audience what the author might expect from a leader in real life? Use the text for support.
Essay Topic 3
Sigismund's sanity is questioned in Act. 4.
Part 1) Describe Sigismund in this act. Why is his sanity questioned?
Part 2) What is your conclusion to this question regarding his sanity? Why?
Part 3) How might this relate to Christ and the people with which he came into contact?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)