|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Doctor tell Julian he has chosen since he became an adult?
2. What does Anton do to Sigismund?
3. Who is the visitor Ignatius is happy to see?
4. How has Simon come?
5. What does Julian say he has begun to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Adam's job?
2. How will Sigismund's new order be different from the old?
3. What does the King say to the Confessor?
4. What does the Doctor think about the Prisoner's soul?
5. Who enters with two noblemen?
6. What does Sigismund say when he enters the scene?
7. What does Sigismund say about the old regime?
8. Why does Olivier grab a weapon? What does Andrew do with the weapon? Why?
9. What did the prophecy contain?
10. What does the Beggar say when the Monk asks what he wants? What does the Porter tell the Monk about the Beggar?
Essay Topic 1
Sigismund's sanity is questioned in Act. 4.
Part 1) Describe Sigismund in this act. Why is his sanity questioned?
Part 2) What is your conclusion to this question regarding his sanity? Why?
Part 3) How might this relate to Christ and the people with which he came into contact?
Essay Topic 2
Act 5, Part 2 is a climactic scene.
Part 1) Describe this scene. How is it climactic?
Part 2) How has the rest of the play led up to this climax?
Part 3) Is the outcome of this climax what you had expected? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Negative comments are made about Jews.
Part 1) What are the comments that are made? Why are they made?
Part 2) How would audiences in 1930s Germany react to these comments? Would their reactions different from how audiences would react today? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is the author's opinion of Jews, based on this play? Explain.
This section contains 1,891 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)