|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. what does the Doctor think about what has been done to Sigismund?
2. The Doctor that with each glance the Prisoner offers what?
3. Of what does Anton assure the Doctor about Sigismund?
4. As Anton goes, who comes back in.
5. How does the book the Monk reads describe the presence of the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the sponge?
2. What does Olivier think he hears?
3. What takes place at the beginning of this scene?
4. How does the scene begin?
5. What takes place at the beginning of this scene?
6. What does Sigismund say when he enters the scene?
7. How does the Confessor respond to the King?
8. How does Julian refer to Sigismund and the King?
9. How does the scene open?
10. What does Julian want Sigismund to do with the royal robes? What is Sigismund's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The essential purpose of the fourth act is to reiterate the contrast between earthly and spiritual power.
Part 1) Describe the fourth act. How does it reiterate the theme?
Part 2) What is the purpose for reiterating the theme?
Part 3) Contrast has been significant throughout the play. Why? What is the purpose for such contrast?
Essay Topic 2
Sigismund's sanity is questioned in Act. 4.
Part 1) Describe Sigismund in this act. Why is his sanity questioned?
Part 2) What is your conclusion to this question regarding his sanity? Why?
Part 3) How might this relate to Christ and the people with which he came into contact?
Essay Topic 3
The Gypsy Girl's reference to Sigismund as Judas is ironic.
Part 1) Why does she refer to him as Judas? Would you have agreed with her? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why is this reference ironic?
Part 3) What must be known about Sigismund to realize the irony?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)