Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King tell the other courtiers about Julian's behavior?
2. Whose grave does the King want to see?
3. Ignatius says everything the King is and has ever been is nothing but what?
4. How does Ignatius respond when the King falls to his knees, asking Ignatius' guidance in how to get his son back?
5. Who is the visitor Ignatius is happy to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this scene begin?
2. How does Anton react to this news? What other news does Simon give Anton?
3. What does the King instruct the Monk to do?
4. How does the scene open?
5. What is expected of the Doctor?
6. How does the scene begin?
7. What does Sigismund say when he sees the Doctor's shocked expression?
8. What does the conversation with the Peasant Woman reveal?
9. What does the King say Sigismund must do?
10. How does Sigismund imitate Christ?
Essay Topic 1
Act 5, Part 2 is a climactic scene.
Part 1) Describe this scene. How is it climactic?
Part 2) How has the rest of the play led up to this climax?
Part 3) Is the outcome of this climax what you had expected? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The tower has significant symbolic value.
Part 1) Describe the tower. Why is this also the title of the book?
Part 2) What does the tower symbolize? Why is it significant?
Part 3) What should the audience take with them after seeing this play? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In Act 3, Part 2, the Doctor's cryptic hints about Sigismund's fate is used as a an element of foreshadowing.
Part 1) What is the Doctor's message regarding Sigismund's fate? What does it foreshadow?
Part 2) How does it reveal Sigismund's role in the revolution?
Part 3) How does this message, like many other aspects of Sigismund's life, reflect Christ's life?
Part 4) Could Sigismund's fate have turned out differently? Why or why not?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)