|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what was the Doctor accused based on the Prisoner's survival?
2. What does Ignatius say about how the terror and remorse the King is experiencing?
3. In front of the tower, why does Olivier bully and berate a young Recruit?
4. How does Sigismund make Anton angry?
5. How does Sigismund imitate Christ's posture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who enters with two noblemen?
2. What is Adam's job?
3. What has happened while Sigismund has been away?
4. What does the King hope about Ignatius?
5. How does Sigismund imitate Christ?
6. What does Sigismund say when he enters the scene?
7. What does the Doctor confirm when he appears?
8. How does Anton react to this news? What other news does Simon give Anton?
9. How does the scene open?
10. What does the King say Sigismund must do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play's secondary point is that the kind of spiritual life Sigismund leads is ideal.
Part 1) Describe Sigismund's spiritual life. Why might it be ideal?
Part 2) What does the author expect the audience to do with this knowledge? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) How does Sigismund reveal to the audience what the author might expect from a leader in real life? Use the text for support.
Essay Topic 2
The Gypsy Girl's reference to Sigismund as Judas is ironic.
Part 1) Why does she refer to him as Judas? Would you have agreed with her? Why or why not?
Part 2) Why is this reference ironic?
Part 3) What must be known about Sigismund to realize the irony?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Sigismund and the Children's King is important.
Part 1) Describe their relationship. Why is their relationship like this?
Part 2) Why is their relationship important?
Part 3) What does their relationship symbolize? What is the audience supposed to get from this relationship? Why?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)