|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sigismund do with Julian's request regarding the royal robes?
(a) He refuses to put them on.
(b) He puts them on.
(c) He burns them.
(d) He refuses to hang them out the window.
2. What are the orders given by Olivier?
(a) The rebels are to destroy the castle.
(b) The peasants are to be imprisioned and executed.
(c) The nobles are to be set free.
(d) Peasants are all to rise up and rebel, and merchants are to be chained to the farmer's plows.
3. What calms Sigismund?
(b) The organ music.
(c) Adam's soothing voice.
(d) The singing.
4. What does Sigismund tell the Doctor and Anton, when they run in?
(a) He is dying.
(b) Olivier is dead, explaining he has seen visions that have told him so.
(c) The war is over.
(d) The Gypsy Girl was a witch.
5. What plans has Julian been making for Sigismund?
(a) His life as King.
(b) His life in the tower.
(c) His escape.
(d) His imprisonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sigismund dismiss the others?
2. What does Sigismund sense?
3. Why does Olivier want weapons drawn on Sigismund?
4. As a courtier reports on Sigismund's desire to rest, of what does the King become aware?
5. What does the King point out about the room?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)