|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King urge Julian to be?
(a) More kind than Ignatius had been.
(b) A spy for him.
(c) A better counselor to Sigismund than Ignatius was to him.
(d) Sigismund's friend.
2. What is the nobleman Adam's job?
(a) To teach Sigismund how to ride a horse.
(b) To guide the King in his decisions regarding Sigismund.
(c) To pose as Sigismund's friend and get him to talk about his true feelings.
(d) To prepare the meals for Sigismund and the King.
3. What are the orders given by Olivier?
(a) The rebels are to destroy the castle.
(b) Peasants are all to rise up and rebel, and merchants are to be chained to the farmer's plows.
(c) The peasants are to be imprisioned and executed.
(d) The nobles are to be set free.
4. How does Julian refer to Sigismund?
(a) As a beggar.
(b) As the devil.
(c) As the next king.
(d) As crown prince.
5. What does the King ask the Confessor about Sigismund?
(a) What would define a bad enough act by Sigismund that he could be executed.
(b) Has Sigismund sinned.
(c) Will he listen to Sigismund's confessions.
(d) When will Sigismund be prepared to take over the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the courtier who has given Julian the news goes, Anton tries to do what for Julian?
2. Why does Sigismund dismiss the others?
3. Julian unwraps the bundle of royal robes brought in by Anton and insists Sigismund do what with them?
4. What are peasants and other citizens doing?
5. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)