|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King say that he must be obeyed?
(a) Because he will kill anyone who does not listen to him.
(b) Because he has the most money.
(c) Because he does not like to be ignored.
(d) Because as King he has the ultimate authority and was given that authority by God.
2. What does Sigismund say about Marcus Aurelius?
(a) He had plans for his world in much the same way as Sigismund has plans for his.
(b) He reminds him of his father.
(c) He is very different from Sigismund.
(d) He is a great man that Sigismund wishes were there to help him.
3. How does Sigismund react when Julian reveals himself?
(a) In shock.
(b) In awe.
(c) In excitement.
(d) In fear.
4. What are Tartars?
(c) Turkish soldiers.
5. How do the peasants feel about Sigismund?
(a) Excited to meet this prince that has been away from his kingdom.
(b) Honored to have him as their leader.
(c) Angered that he disrespected their king.
(d) Frightened of the animal they think Sigismund has become but also eager to place him at the head of their rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sigismund's new prison cell?
2. What does Sigismund call the King?
3. With what does the Gypsy Girl say she is pregnant?
4. As a courtier reports on Sigismund's desire to rest, of what does the King become aware?
5. What are peasants and other citizens doing?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)