|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Spirit Figure of Julian do so Siglismund can see the war from above?
(a) He gives Sigismund wings.
(b) He lifts him high in the air.
(c) He turns into a plane.
(d) He removes his head, giving it to Sigismund.
2. What are peasants and other citizens doing?
(a) Asking to see the King.
(b) Cheering in front of the castle.
(c) Blocking the roads as they flock to the churches, wanting to pray for the appearance of a "beggar king" who, in chains, will lead them into a new age.
(d) Running for their lives.
3. What does Sigismund say about Marcus Aurelius?
(a) He had plans for his world in much the same way as Sigismund has plans for his.
(b) He reminds him of his father.
(c) He is very different from Sigismund.
(d) He is a great man that Sigismund wishes were there to help him.
4. Where is this act set?
(a) In the tower.
(b) In the castle.
(c) In Sigismund's mother's bedchamber.
(d) In a tent.
5. What does Sigismund call the King?
(c) My Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian insist must be done with the Messenger?
2. How does the Gypsy Girl react when Sigismund tells her of a rumor that Olivier has been killed in battle?
3. What does the King give Julian as a symbol of his authority?
4. After the courtier who has given Julian the news goes, Anton tries to do what for Julian?
5. What do the two Gypsy Girls say about Olivier's march to power?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)