|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what was the Prisoner convicted?
(a) Wanting to run away from the King as a child.
(b) Stealing from the King as a child.
(c) Plotting to assassinate the King when he was a child.
(d) Murdering the King's wife as a child.
2. What does the letter to Julian contain?
(a) The news that the King wants the Prisoner removed from the Tower.
(b) A note from the King thanking him for his birthday gift.
(c) The news that the King is coming for a visit.
(d) The news that the King's nephew has been killed in a riding accident and that the King's chief advisor has suddenly become a monk.
3. How does the Prisoner respond when Anton calls him by name?
(a) He does not respond.
(b) He screams.
(c) He begins banging the cage with his fists.
4. What did the prophecy contain?
(a) The death of his son.
(b) A war with France.
(c) A peaceful kingdom.
(d) Horrifying images of war and violence.
5. What does the Doctor think about the Prisoner's soul?
(a) It is going to Hell.
(b) It is noble and predestined for high distinction.
(c) It is dying.
(d) It is weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anton do to Sigismund?
2. Who does Anton say the Prisoner sometimes flies into a rage and attacks?
3. What is the setting of this scene?
4. As the Man and the Recruit continue to speak in poetic language about signs of approaching violence, what does Olivier do?
5. What happens when Sigismund says, "Father, into thy hands? "
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sigismund say when he sees the Doctor's shocked expression?
2. What takes place at the beginning of this scene?
3. How does this scene begin?
4. What does Julian want Sigismund to do with the royal robes? What is Sigismund's response?
5. How does Anton react to this news? What other news does Simon give Anton?
6. What suddenly happens to Sigismund?
7. How does Sigismund react when Juilan encourages him to take the power he is being offered?
8. How will Sigismund's new order be different from the old?
9. What does Julian tell Sigismund about his father?
10. What does the Doctor think about the Prisoner's soul?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)