|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the distance, what are heard?
(a) Several arguments.
(b) Voices singing in Latin.
(c) Voices chanting for the King.
(d) People screaming.
2. What does Anton do to Sigismund?
(a) He lays him on the ground.
(b) He cradles him in his arms.
(c) He laughs at him.
(d) He leaves him collapsed on the floor.
3. What does the Doctor think about the Prisoner's soul?
(a) It is weak.
(b) It is noble and predestined for high distinction.
(c) It is going to Hell.
(d) It is dying.
4. What is the setting of this scene?
(a) In the King's private rooms.
(b) In a field behind the tower.
(c) In a room in the tower.
(d) In the dungeon.
5. Why can not see the Governor?
(a) He is out of town.
(b) He always communicates through a servant.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He does not see anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people feel about this news from the King?
2. What does the King instruct the Monk to tell Ignatius?
3. Of what does Anton assure the Doctor about Sigismund?
4. How does Anton react when Sigismund asks whether he actually is a human being?
5. Julian appears, carrying a vial that contains what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King say to the Confessor?
2. What does Sigismund say when he sees the Doctor's shocked expression?
3. What does the King instruct the Monk to do?
4. What does Olivier say about violence to come?
5. How does Anton respond to seeing the charred straw?
6. How does the play end?
7. What does Olivier think he hears?
8. Why does Olivier grab a weapon? What does Andrew do with the weapon? Why?
9. What does Julian want Sigismund to do with the royal robes? What is Sigismund's response?
10. How does Julian feel about joining the King's court?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)