|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ignatius respond when the Young Monk reads a quote about an innocent man being condemned?
(a) He turns to leave.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He loses his temper.
(d) He glares at the King.
2. Who does Olivier think can sense "the bloodshed to come?"
(a) The guards.
(b) The pigeons.
(c) The Jewish smugglers.
(d) The princes.
3. Who is Anton?
(a) Olivier's servant.
(b) The Governor's servant.
(c) The Governor's son.
(d) The King's servant.
4. How does Olivier speak about violence to come?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With fear.
(c) With pleasure.
(d) With anger.
5. What is the setting of this scene?
(a) In the dungeon.
(b) In a room in the tower.
(c) In a field behind the tower.
(d) In the King's private rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what do Olivier, Pancras and Andrew argue?
2. Of what was the Prisoner convicted?
3. What does the Doctor tell Julian he has chosen since he became an adult?
4. What does Ignatius reminds the King about marriage between a man and woman?
5. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at the beginning of this scene?
2. What does Olivier say about violence to come?
3. What does the Peasant Woman say and do when Sigismund cries out for his real mother?
4. What is causing the banging noise? Why?
5. What does the Peasant Woman try to get Sigismund to do? How does he respond?
6. How does Anton react to this news? What other news does Simon give Anton?
7. What does Julian tell Sigismund about his father?
8. What does the conversation with the Peasant Woman reveal?
9. What does Andrew suggest they do, after Olivier hears a noise? What is Olivier's response to Andrew?
10. Of what does Julian accuse the Doctor? What is the Doctor's response?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)