|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sigismund respond when Julian tells him he has to drink the potion to go on a journey?
(a) He asks Julian to drink it first.
(b) He throws the vile out of the window.
(c) He reminds him that people have been killed by drinking potions and asks to be told who he truly is before he drinks.
(d) He drinks the potion quickly.
2. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He orders whoever is making it to be silent.
(c) He screams.
(d) He hides.
3. What did the prophecy contain?
(a) The death of his son.
(b) Horrifying images of war and violence.
(c) A war with France.
(d) A peaceful kingdom.
4. Who does Pancras tell Olivier is making the noise?
(a) The Prisoner.
(b) The King.
(c) The Guards.
(d) The Recruit.
5. Who does Anton say the Prisoner sometimes flies into a rage and attacks?
(a) The Guards.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian say he has begun to have?
2. What is the setting?
3. Of what was the Doctor accused based on the Prisoner's survival?
4. Of what was the Prisoner convicted?
5. What does the Doctor think about the Prisoner's soul?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sigismund react when Juilan encourages him to take the power he is being offered?
2. How does the play end?
3. What does the Peasant Woman try to get Sigismund to do? How does he respond?
4. How does the scene begin?
5. What does the King say to the Confessor?
6. How will Sigismund's new order be different from the old?
7. What does Sigismund say when he sees the Doctor's shocked expression?
8. How does Anton feel about joining the King's court?
9. What suddenly happens to Sigismund?
10. What does Sigismund say when he enters the scene?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)