|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anton do to Sigismund?
(a) He leaves him collapsed on the floor.
(b) He lays him on the ground.
(c) He cradles him in his arms.
(d) He laughs at him.
2. What does Julian tell the Doctor he is expected to do, regarding the Prisoner's health?
(a) Propose how to destroy it completely.
(b) See if it is weakening.
(c) See how much longer it will hold up.
(d) Propose ways in which drastic improvements can be made.
3. As the Man and the Recruit continue to speak in poetic language about signs of approaching violence, what does Olivier do?
(a) He goes to his rooms.
(b) He grabs a weapon and prepares to beat the Prisoner into silence.
(c) He calls to the Prisoner.
(d) He listens in on the conversation.
4. The Doctor that with each glance the Prisoner offers what?
(a) A lesson to be learned.
(b) A glimpse of what it is like to be a prisoner.
(c) His patience and holiness.
(d) A view into his soul.
5. What does the King tell a nearby Beggar about Brother Ignatius?
(a) He is a villain.
(b) He is his brother.
(c) He is not available and does not want to see him.
(d) He will be glad to see him and tells him to wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King instruct the Monk to tell Ignatius?
2. What does the Doctor tell Julian he has chosen since he became an adult?
3. How does Olivier refer to the Prisoner?
4. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
5. How does Andrew explain the source of the noise?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does the King blame Julian?
2. What does the conversation with the Peasant Woman reveal?
3. What does Julian want Sigismund to do with the royal robes? What is Sigismund's response?
4. How is Sigismund serving the rebels?
5. How does Julian feel about joining the King's court?
6. What does Andrew suggest they do, after Olivier hears a noise? What is Olivier's response to Andrew?
7. What news does Simon bring?
8. How does Sigismund react when Juilan encourages him to take the power he is being offered?
9. What does the King instruct the Monk to do?
10. What takes place at the beginning of this scene?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)