|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
(a) He orders whoever is making it to be silent.
(b) He hides.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He screams.
2. What does Julian order be done to Sigismund?
(a) He be dressed in his prisoner clothing and put back in his cell.
(b) He be put to bed.
(c) He be dressed in royal clothes and that all other preparations for departure be completed.
(d) He be secretly brought into the castle.
3. What does the Doctor tell Julian he has chosen since he became an adult?
(a) An exciting life.
(b) A life filled with people.
(c) A thrilling career.
(d) A life of loneliness.
4. Who does Pancras tell Olivier is making the noise?
(a) The Guards.
(b) The Recruit.
(c) The King.
(d) The Prisoner.
5. What does Olivier think he hears being passed back and forth?
(a) Arguing between two guards.
(b) Signals between bands of Jewish smugglers.
(c) A pigeon carrying news from one prince to another.
(d) A rubber ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Julian sends Simon away, what does he discuss with Anton?
2. Why are the Voivode late?
3. How has Simon come?
4. What does the King hope that Ignatius will be able to do?
5. Why can not see the Governor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene open?
2. What takes place at the beginning of this scene?
3. What happens to the singing? When does this happen?
4. How does Anton react to this news? What other news does Simon give Anton?
5. Why does the Prisoner torment others?
6. What does Julian tell Sigismund about his father?
7. What has eluded the King? Why is he here?
8. How does this scene begin?
9. How does the Confessor respond to the King?
10. What does Andrew suggest they do, after Olivier hears a noise? What is Olivier's response to Andrew?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)