|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Olivier think can sense "the bloodshed to come?"
(a) The guards.
(b) The princes.
(c) The pigeons.
(d) The Jewish smugglers.
2. Who does Pancras tell Olivier is making the noise?
(a) The Recruit.
(b) The Prisoner.
(c) The King.
(d) The Guards.
3. What does Ignatius reminds the King about marriage between a man and woman?
(a) It can be broken, unlike the union between the Church and God.
(b) It is very special.
(c) It is as sacred as the union between the Church and God.
(d) It is forever.
4. After Julian sends Simon away, what does he discuss with Anton?
(a) Why the King always sends Simon.
(b) When the King will arrive.
(c) Whether Simon is telling the truth.
(d) Who is in charge of organizing the funeral.
5. What does Sigismund do when the Peasant Woman tries to get him to pray with her?
(a) He tells her he is not religious.
(b) He asks to be taken back home.
(c) He reluctantly prays with her.
(d) He embraces her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Julian appears, carrying a vial that contains what?
2. About what are the citizens talking?
3. What is the setting of this scene?
4. As Anton goes, who comes back in.
5. What does Anton do to Sigismund?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sigismund react when Julian appears? What does Julian do when he sees Sigismund's reaction?
2. How does Olivier speak to those around him at the beginning of the scene?
3. How is Sigismund serving the rebels?
4. For what does the King blame Julian?
5. What does Sigismund say when he enters the scene?
6. How will Sigismund's new order be different from the old?
7. What did the prophecy contain?
8. What does Sigismund want from the Gypsy Girl?
9. How does Julian feel about joining the King's court?
10. What has happened while Sigismund has been away?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)