|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sigismund do when the Peasant Woman tries to get him to pray with her?
(a) He tells her he is not religious.
(b) He asks to be taken back home.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He reluctantly prays with her.
2. As Anton goes, who comes back in.
(b) The Prisoner.
(c) The King.
(d) The Doctor.
3. In front of the tower, why does Olivier bully and berate a young Recruit?
(a) The Recruit was late to his post.
(b) For not responding properly to his petty orders.
(c) He is shy.
(d) The Recruit argued with Olivier.
4. Julian then talks about how he was manipulated into doing what?
(a) Feeding the Prisoner unhealthy food.
(b) Putting the Prisoner in the darkest, most damp cell available.
(c) Beating the Prisoner once every day.
(d) Putting the Prisoner into the prison cell with windows.
5. Why can not see the Governor?
(a) He is too busy.
(b) He always communicates through a servant.
(c) He is out of town.
(d) He does not see anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anton say the Prisoner sometimes flies into a rage and attacks?
2. Who is Anton?
3. What does the King say has eluded him?
4. Julian appears, carrying a vial that contains what?
5. What are the Ten Prohibitions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julian feel about joining the King's court?
2. For what does the King blame Julian?
3. How does Sigismund react when Julian appears? What does Julian do when he sees Sigismund's reaction?
4. What does the King instruct the Monk to do?
5. What does Sigismund say when he enters the scene?
6. How does the scene open?
7. How does the Confessor respond to the King?
8. What news does Simon bring?
9. What does the Peasant Woman try to get Sigismund to do? How does he respond?
10. What does Olivier think he hears?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)