|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Simon come?
(a) Saying he has ridden all night to seek out advice from the Doctor.
(b) Saying he needs to speak with Anton alone.
(c) Saying he was given the letter to bring to Anton in the usual way and that he rode all night in order to deliver the message promptly.
(d) Saying he has come to see the Prisoner.
2. What did the prophecy contain?
(a) The death of his son.
(b) A war with France.
(c) A peaceful kingdom.
(d) Horrifying images of war and violence.
3. What is revealed about the Peasant Woman?
(a) She is Sigismund's mother and the Queen.
(b) She is Sigismund's foster mother from the farm family with whom he lived early in his life.
(c) She is Sigismund's sister.
(d) She is the King's sister.
4. Over what do Olivier, Pancras and Andrew argue?
(c) Whether the Governor in charge of the tower truly has any right to issue orders.
5. The King talks at length about how his kingdom is falling apart and how he plans to attack who?
(a) The French.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Muslims.
(d) The Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian tell the Doctor he is expected to do, regarding the Prisoner's health?
2. Who is a spiritual young man tortured and imprisoned by authority figures afraid of his power?
3. How does Andrew explain the source of the noise?
4. What does the King tell a nearby Beggar about Brother Ignatius?
5. Ignatius says everything the King is and has ever been is nothing but what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julian want Sigismund to do with the royal robes? What is Sigismund's response?
2. How does Olivier speak to those around him at the beginning of the scene?
3. How does Anton feel about joining the King's court?
4. How does Julian refer to Sigismund and the King?
5. What is expected of the Doctor?
6. What does Sigismund say when he enters the scene?
7. What does the King hope about Ignatius?
8. How does the scene open?
9. What is Adam's job?
10. What has happened while Sigismund has been away?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)