|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Doctor accuses Julian of committing a crime against who?
(a) The Prisoner.
(b) The Doctor.
(c) The King.
(d) God himself.
2. Who does Anton say the Prisoner sometimes flies into a rage and attacks?
(b) The Guards.
(d) The King.
3. Upon who does the Second urge the King to declare war?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The French.
(c) The peasants.
(d) The Muslim.
4. After Julian sends Simon away, what does he discuss with Anton?
(a) Whether Simon is telling the truth.
(b) Who is in charge of organizing the funeral.
(c) When the King will arrive.
(d) Why the King always sends Simon.
5. How does Anton respond to Julian's interest to join the court?
(a) He is just as excited to be a part of the King's court.
(b) He tells him he willll be facing several new and difficult responsibilities and suggests they escape before they get involved in all the politics and manipulations of court life.
(c) He knows Julian will be a good choice for the court.
(d) He hopes he too will be asked to be a part of the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter to Julian contain?
2. Who is a spiritual young man tortured and imprisoned by authority figures afraid of his power?
3. How has Simon come?
4. How do the people feel about this news from the King?
5. What does the Doctor tell Julian he has chosen since he became an adult?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sigismund imitate Christ?
2. What does Sigismund want from the Gypsy Girl?
3. How will Sigismund's new order be different from the old?
4. What does Andrew suggest they do, after Olivier hears a noise? What is Olivier's response to Andrew?
5. What did the prophecy contain?
6. What is causing the banging noise? Why?
7. What is expected of the Doctor?
8. How does the Confessor respond to the King?
9. What are Olivier and his rebels doing to the peasants?
10. How does Anton respond to seeing the charred straw?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)