|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sigismund says he feels so powerful that he can do what?
(a) Take power away from the King.
(b) Jump out of the tower and land safely on the ground.
(c) Blow away a straw and a stone tower with equal ease.
(d) Knock down the door to the tower.
2. In front of the tower, why does Olivier bully and berate a young Recruit?
(a) He is shy.
(b) The Recruit argued with Olivier.
(c) For not responding properly to his petty orders.
(d) The Recruit was late to his post.
3. What are the Ten Prohibitions?
(a) Acts and behavior the guards are forbidden to do around the Prisoner.
(b) The ten words that the guards are prohibited from using.
(c) Acts and behavior the people of this kingdom are forbidden to do.
(d) Types of alcohol the guards are not allowed to drink.
4. What does Sigismund feel he can do?
5. In the distance, what are heard?
(a) People screaming.
(b) Voices singing in Latin.
(c) Voices chanting for the King.
(d) Several arguments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sigismund make Anton angry?
2. What does the King say has eluded him?
3. What does Ignatius say about how the terror and remorse the King is experiencing?
4. The Doctor accuses Julian of committing a crime against who?
5. What did the prophecy contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sigismund want from the Gypsy Girl?
2. What does the King hope about Ignatius?
3. What is the purpose of the sponge?
4. How will Sigismund's new order be different from the old?
5. How does Anton react to this news? What other news does Simon give Anton?
6. How does the scene open?
7. What has eluded the King? Why is he here?
8. What is causing the banging noise? Why?
9. How does the play end?
10. How does Olivier speak to those around him at the beginning of the scene?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)