|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sigismund do when the Peasant Woman tries to get him to pray with her?
(a) He asks to be taken back home.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He tells her he is not religious.
(d) He reluctantly prays with her.
2. How does Ignatius respond when the Young Monk reads a quote about an innocent man being condemned?
(a) He turns to leave.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He glares at the King.
(d) He loses his temper.
3. What does Anton do to Sigismund?
(a) He leaves him collapsed on the floor.
(b) He lays him on the ground.
(c) He cradles him in his arms.
(d) He laughs at him.
4. What does Sigismund feel when he wakes up?
(a) A strange feeling in his legs.
(b) A horrible headache.
(c) Like getting sick.
(d) His father is with him.
5. Who does Olivier think can sense "the bloodshed to come?"
(a) The pigeons.
(b) The princes.
(c) The guards.
(d) The Jewish smugglers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian tell the Doctor he is expected to do, regarding the Prisoner's health?
2. In front of the tower, why does Olivier bully and berate a young Recruit?
3. What is heard at the gate?
4. What does Julian tell Sigismund he has come to bring him?
5. What happens when Sigismund says, "Father, into thy hands? "
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Doctor confirm when he appears?
2. How does this act begin?
3. What does Andrew suggest they do, after Olivier hears a noise? What is Olivier's response to Andrew?
4. What are Olivier and his rebels doing to the peasants?
5. What does the King say Sigismund must do?
6. Why does the Prisoner torment others?
7. What does the Doctor think about the Prisoner's soul?
8. What does Sigismund say about the old regime?
9. How does the play end?
10. How is Sigismund serving the rebels?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)