|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anton respond to Julian's interest to join the court?
(a) He tells him he willll be facing several new and difficult responsibilities and suggests they escape before they get involved in all the politics and manipulations of court life.
(b) He hopes he too will be asked to be a part of the court.
(c) He knows Julian will be a good choice for the court.
(d) He is just as excited to be a part of the King's court.
2. Over what do Olivier, Pancras and Andrew argue?
(a) Whether the Governor in charge of the tower truly has any right to issue orders.
3. Why are the Voivode late?
(a) They were not sure if they wanted to come.
(b) They got lost.
(c) They were held back by rebels.
(d) They forgot when they were to arrive.
4. What does Julian order be done to Sigismund?
(a) He be secretly brought into the castle.
(b) He be put to bed.
(c) He be dressed in his prisoner clothing and put back in his cell.
(d) He be dressed in royal clothes and that all other preparations for departure be completed.
5. Of what does Anton assure the Doctor about Sigismund?
(a) He cannot run.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) He cannot communicate.
(d) He is weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Man and the Recruit continue to speak in poetic language about signs of approaching violence, what does Olivier do?
2. What does Olivier think he hears being passed back and forth?
3. The King reminds him that everything he did to his son, Sigismund, he did on who's advice?
4. What is revealed about the Peasant Woman?
5. What does the King tell a nearby Beggar about Brother Ignatius?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this scene begin?
2. How does the scene open?
3. How does Julian feel about joining the King's court?
4. What does Andrew suggest they do, after Olivier hears a noise? What is Olivier's response to Andrew?
5. What is causing the banging noise? Why?
6. What has happened while Sigismund has been away?
7. What is expected of the Doctor?
8. How is Sigismund serving the rebels?
9. What does the Peasant Woman try to get Sigismund to do? How does he respond?
10. What news does Simon bring?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)