|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julian react when Anton speaks about how glad he will be when the nobleman has gone?
(a) He becomes angry but also agrees with Anton.
(b) He becomes angry and then tells him to arrange for watchmen to be alert for the nobleman's approach.
(c) He becomes surprised that Anton would not be excited about the nobleman's arrival.
(d) He is saddened by this news that Anton does not want to see the nobleman.
2. For what does Julian ask the Doctor to prescribe?
(a) Something that make him confident.
(b) Something that will help him sleep.
(c) Something that will calm him down.
(d) Something that will keep him awake.
3. How do the people feel about this news from the King?
4. What did the prophecy contain?
(a) The death of his son.
(b) A peaceful kingdom.
(c) Horrifying images of war and violence.
(d) A war with France.
5. How has Simon come?
(a) Saying he has ridden all night to seek out advice from the Doctor.
(b) Saying he was given the letter to bring to Anton in the usual way and that he rode all night in order to deliver the message promptly.
(c) Saying he has come to see the Prisoner.
(d) Saying he needs to speak with Anton alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The King talks at length about how his kingdom is falling apart and how he plans to attack who?
2. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
3. How does Olivier speak to the guards?
4. Who is the visitor Ignatius is happy to see?
5. What does Ignatius say about how the terror and remorse the King is experiencing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Olivier say about violence to come?
2. What are Olivier and his rebels doing to the peasants?
3. How does this act begin?
4. What does the conversation with the Peasant Woman reveal?
5. What is causing the banging noise? Why?
6. What does the Beggar say when the Monk asks what he wants? What does the Porter tell the Monk about the Beggar?
7. What is the purpose of the sponge?
8. What does Julian want Sigismund to do with the royal robes? What is Sigismund's response?
9. How does this scene begin?
10. How does the scene open?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)