|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
(a) How he is to murder the prisoner in his cell.
(b) How he is to take him away from this prison and protect him.
(c) How he has always wanted to protect the prisoner.
(d) How he was given orders to keep the Prisoner hidden from the world and therefore hid him with the farm family.
2. Why can Sigismund not see his father and mother, according to Julian?
(a) They are dead.
(b) They are far away.
(c) He has no parents.
(d) He was banished from his parents' sight.
3. What is the setting of this scene?
(a) The tower.
(b) A castle.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A church.
4. Specific parallels to _____ story appear throughout the play, making thematic points about the importance of integrity, faith and tensions between spiritual and earthly power.
(a) The Christ.
(b) The Czar.
(c) The Zeus.
(d) The Buddha.
5. What does the King tell a nearby Beggar about Brother Ignatius?
(a) He is not available and does not want to see him.
(b) He is a villain.
(c) He is his brother.
(d) He will be glad to see him and tells him to wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what was the Doctor accused based on the Prisoner's survival?
2. How does Olivier speak about violence to come?
3. In the distance, what are heard?
4. what does the Doctor think about what has been done to Sigismund?
5. Upon who does the Second urge the King to declare war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has eluded the King? Why is he here?
2. What does the Peasant Woman say and do when Sigismund cries out for his real mother?
3. What does the Doctor confirm when he appears?
4. How does Sigismund react when Juilan encourages him to take the power he is being offered?
5. Why does the Prisoner torment others?
6. What does the conversation with the Peasant Woman reveal?
7. How does this act begin?
8. What is expected of the Doctor?
9. What does the Peasant Woman try to get Sigismund to do? How does he respond?
10. How does Anton feel about joining the King's court?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)