|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
(a) He hides.
(b) He orders whoever is making it to be silent.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He screams.
2. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
(a) How he has always wanted to protect the prisoner.
(b) How he is to murder the prisoner in his cell.
(c) How he was given orders to keep the Prisoner hidden from the world and therefore hid him with the farm family.
(d) How he is to take him away from this prison and protect him.
3. After the Recruit goes off, what does conversation between the guards reveal about Olivier?
(a) He is a knight.
(b) He is also a new Recruit.
(c) He is the King.
(d) He is the new Guard Commander.
4. What happens when Sigismund says, "Father, into thy hands? "
(a) He begins to laugh.
(b) He collapses before he can finish.
(c) The King walks into the room.
(d) God calls to him.
5. What does Ignatius reminds the King about marriage between a man and woman?
(a) It is forever.
(b) It is as sacred as the union between the Church and God.
(c) It is very special.
(d) It can be broken, unlike the union between the Church and God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Voivode late?
2. The Doctor accuses Julian of committing a crime against who?
3. What does Julian say he has begun to have?
4. Who is a spiritual young man tortured and imprisoned by authority figures afraid of his power?
5. What does Sigismund feel he can do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anton feel about joining the King's court?
2. What does the Doctor confirm when he appears?
3. What does the King say Sigismund must do?
4. How does Sigismund imitate Christ?
5. What does the Peasant Woman say and do when Sigismund cries out for his real mother?
6. How does Julian refer to Sigismund and the King?
7. What does Olivier say about violence to come?
8. What does Olivier think he hears?
9. What does the King hope about Ignatius?
10. What suddenly happens to Sigismund?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)