|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Recruit goes off, what does conversation between the guards reveal about Olivier?
(a) He is also a new Recruit.
(b) He is the new Guard Commander.
(c) He is the King.
(d) He is a knight.
2. What happens when Sigismund drinks the potion?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He loses his mind.
(c) He hallucinates.
(d) He falls unconscious.
3. What does the Beggar say to the Monk, when the Monk asks what he wants?
(a) The Beggar wants food and shelter.
(b) The Beggar wants to speak with Ignatius.
(c) The Beggar repeatedly says he's not worthy of Ignatius' attention,.
(d) The Beggar was once a monk himself.
4. How do the people feel about this news from the King?
5. What does Julian tell Sigismund he has come to bring him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olivier think he hears being passed back and forth?
2. How does Olivier refer to the Prisoner?
3. What does Ignatius reminds the King about marriage between a man and woman?
4. Sigismund says he feels so powerful that he can do what?
5. Specific parallels to _____ story appear throughout the play, making thematic points about the importance of integrity, faith and tensions between spiritual and earthly power.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Noble Officer say about the war?
2. What does the Doctor think about the Prisoner's soul?
3. What news does Simon bring?
4. What suddenly happens to Sigismund?
5. What takes place at the beginning of this scene?
6. What happens to the singing? When does this happen?
7. What does Sigismund want from the Gypsy Girl?
8. What has happened while Sigismund has been away?
9. How does this scene begin?
10. How will Sigismund's new order be different from the old?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)