|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sigismund react when Julian reveals himself?
(a) In excitement.
(b) In fear.
(c) In shock.
(d) In awe.
2. What has the King ordered Julian to be for the rest of his life?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A courtier.
(c) A priest.
(d) Sigismund's keeper.
3. What is the King's judgment regarding Sigismund?
(a) He should be imprisoned again.
(b) He should be made king.
(c) He should be exectued.
(d) He should be exiled.
4. Where is this act set?
(a) In the castle.
(b) In Sigismund's mother's bedchamber.
(c) In a tent.
(d) In the tower.
5. What does the Gypsy Girl magically cause to emerge from the earth?
(a) Human bones.
(d) The Devil.
6. What does the King say to the Confessor about Sigismund?
(a) He must be executed.
(b) He is afraid of Sigismund.
(c) He must be forgiven.
(d) He is an unruly child.
7. What does Anton say he has just heard?
(a) A shout.
(b) A scream.
(c) A shot.
(d) An explosion.
8. What does the King urge Julian to be?
(a) More kind than Ignatius had been.
(b) A spy for him.
(c) Sigismund's friend.
(d) A better counselor to Sigismund than Ignatius was to him.
9. How does Adam communicate with Sigismund?
(a) Only through gestures.
(b) In another language.
(c) By whispers.
(d) By yelling loudly.
10. What does the Doctor notice about Sigismund's hand?
(a) It is missing.
(b) It is bleeding.
(c) It is shriveled.
(d) It is black.
11. Who does a courtier report are on their way up?
(a) Adam and Sigismund.
(b) Anton and Sigismund.
(c) Julian and Sigismund.
(d) Ignatius and Sigismund.
12. What does Sigismund call the King?
(b) My Lord.
13. What are the orders given by Olivier?
(a) The peasants are to be imprisioned and executed.
(b) The nobles are to be set free.
(c) The rebels are to destroy the castle.
(d) Peasants are all to rise up and rebel, and merchants are to be chained to the farmer's plows.
14. What does the Doctor have prepared if Sigismund should become unstable?
(a) A strait jacket.
(b) A padded cell.
(c) A syringe filled with a sedative.
(d) A sponge that has been soaked in a powerful narcotic.
15. When Sigismund is gone, the Doctor makes what promise?
(a) Sigismund will be taken care of and hints that his struggle for freedom is not finished.
(b) He will never get involved with Sigismund again.
(c) Sigismund will never rule.
(d) He will not return to this kingdom as long as the King is alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two Gypsy Girls say about Olivier's march to power?
2. What does the King express to the Doctor?
3. What does the King ask the Confessor about Sigismund?
4. Where does the King think he might like to withdraw?
5. What is the Green Faction?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)