|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King withdraw with Julian?
(a) To observe the conversation between Adam and Sigismund.
(b) He does not want to see his son.
(c) He does not want to scare Sigismund.
(d) Sigismund needs time alone to adjust to his surroundings.
2. What does the King say to the Confessor about Sigismund?
(a) He is an unruly child.
(b) He must be forgiven.
(c) He must be executed.
(d) He is afraid of Sigismund.
3. What does Sigismund call the King?
(a) My Lord.
4. What is the King's judgment regarding Sigismund?
(a) He should be exectued.
(b) He should be made king.
(c) He should be exiled.
(d) He should be imprisoned again.
5. What does Julian insist must be done with the Messenger?
(a) He must be locked in the tower.
(b) He must be escorted out.
(c) He must be executed.
(d) He must be searched for a written message.
6. A rebel named Jeronim tells other rebels that Sigismund's insane-sounding words are proof of what?
(a) He should not be their leader.
(b) He is not the King's son.
(c) He is insane.
(d) How the King and nobility drove him mad and are therefore evil and must be punished.
7. Where is this act set?
(a) In Sigismund's mother's bedchamber.
(b) In the castle.
(c) In a tent.
(d) In the tower.
8. What do the two Gypsy Girls say about Olivier's march to power?
(a) It is weakening.
(b) It has ended.
(c) It will end.
(d) It is unstoppable.
9. Why does Anton try to force Sigismund's feet into his boots?
(a) He is trying to put the royal garments on Sigismund.
(b) He does not want the Messenger to steal the boots.
(c) The ground is cold.
(d) He believes they have to escape.
10. How does Simon think he will get information out of the Gypsy Girl?
(a) If she is tortured.
(b) If she is starved.
(c) If she is told Olivier is dead.
(d) If she was left alone with Sigismund.
11. The King, Confessor and courtiers leave, with some of the courtiers doing what to Julian?
(a) Hugging him.
(b) Laughing at him.
(c) Bowing to him.
(d) Spitting on him.
12. What does the King give Julian as a symbol of his authority?
(a) A pin.
(b) A crown.
(c) A medal.
(d) A ring.
13. What does the Doctor notice about Sigismund's hand?
(a) It is missing.
(b) It is black.
(c) It is shriveled.
(d) It is bleeding.
14. What is one of the Ten Prohibitions in which Sigismund seems to have a skill?
(a) Horseback riding.
15. What is the nobleman Adam's job?
(a) To teach Sigismund how to ride a horse.
(b) To pose as Sigismund's friend and get him to talk about his true feelings.
(c) To guide the King in his decisions regarding Sigismund.
(d) To prepare the meals for Sigismund and the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Olivier order Julian to try to do?
2. Who is the Children's King?
3. How does Adam communicate with Sigismund?
4. What does the King point out about the room?
5. How does Julian refer to Sigismund?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)