|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King withdraw with Julian?
(a) He does not want to see his son.
(b) Sigismund needs time alone to adjust to his surroundings.
(c) He does not want to scare Sigismund.
(d) To observe the conversation between Adam and Sigismund.
2. What do Olivier and the rebels do to each village they pass through?
(a) They destroy each one.
(b) They form an army.
(c) They cheer them on.
(d) They help each one.
3. What does Sigismund do with Julian's request regarding the royal robes?
(a) He refuses to put them on.
(b) He burns them.
(c) He puts them on.
(d) He refuses to hang them out the window.
4. What do the two Gypsy Girls say about Olivier's march to power?
(a) It will end.
(b) It has ended.
(c) It is unstoppable.
(d) It is weakening.
5. Where does the King think he might like to withdraw?
(a) To the monastery the way Ignatius did.
(b) To a cabin in the moutains.
(c) To a resort by a beach.
(d) To the forest.
6. What is the King's judgment regarding Sigismund?
(a) He should be exiled.
(b) He should be made king.
(c) He should be exectued.
(d) He should be imprisoned again.
7. As a courtier reports on Sigismund's desire to rest, of what does the King become aware?
(a) Screaming in the tower.
(b) Music being played on an organ.
(c) A strange noise coming from a nearby room.
(d) Someone singing.
8. What does the King say to the Confessor about Sigismund?
(a) He must be forgiven.
(b) He is afraid of Sigismund.
(c) He must be executed.
(d) He is an unruly child.
9. What does Sigismund say about Marcus Aurelius?
(a) He reminds him of his father.
(b) He is very different from Sigismund.
(c) He had plans for his world in much the same way as Sigismund has plans for his.
(d) He is a great man that Sigismund wishes were there to help him.
10. What are the orders given by Olivier?
(a) The peasants are to be imprisioned and executed.
(b) The rebels are to destroy the castle.
(c) The nobles are to be set free.
(d) Peasants are all to rise up and rebel, and merchants are to be chained to the farmer's plows.
11. What do the Courtiers do to Sigismund?
(a) They carry him off and subdue him.
(b) They execute him.
(c) They beat him.
(d) They bow down to him.
12. Who is the Confessor?
(a) The courtier who has been with Sigismund.
(b) One who confesses his sins to the King.
(c) A spy for the King.
(d) The hearer of the King's prayers and confessions.
13. It is the cause of the shooting that is heard?
(a) It is coming from the tower.
(b) It came from members of the Green Faction who have camped nearby.
(c) It is a small band of peasants from a nearby village.
(d) It came from the King's army in the castle.
14. What are peasants and other citizens doing?
(a) Cheering in front of the castle.
(b) Blocking the roads as they flock to the churches, wanting to pray for the appearance of a "beggar king" who, in chains, will lead them into a new age.
(c) Asking to see the King.
(d) Running for their lives.
15. What does Sigismund tell the Doctor and Anton, when they run in?
(a) He is dying.
(b) The war is over.
(c) Olivier is dead, explaining he has seen visions that have told him so.
(d) The Gypsy Girl was a witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Gypsy Girl react when Sigismund tells her of a rumor that Olivier has been killed in battle?
2. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
3. What example of the executions does the Confessor give the King?
4. What does Julian insist must be done with the Messenger?
5. Who is the Children's King?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)