|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Olivier order Julian to try to do?
(a) Kill Sigismund.
(c) Defend himself.
(d) Run away.
2. It is the cause of the shooting that is heard?
(a) It came from the King's army in the castle.
(b) It is a small band of peasants from a nearby village.
(c) It came from members of the Green Faction who have camped nearby.
(d) It is coming from the tower.
3. What has been untouched since the Queen's death?
(a) Her makeup.
(b) Her food.
(c) Her bedchamber.
(d) Her clothing.
4. What do the Courtiers do to Sigismund?
(a) They execute him.
(b) They carry him off and subdue him.
(c) They bow down to him.
(d) They beat him.
5. What does Anton say he has just heard?
(a) A shout.
(b) A shot.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A scream.
6. What does the King urge Julian to be?
(a) More kind than Ignatius had been.
(b) Sigismund's friend.
(c) A better counselor to Sigismund than Ignatius was to him.
(d) A spy for him.
7. What does the King give Julian as a symbol of his authority?
(a) A ring.
(b) A pin.
(c) A medal.
(d) A crown.
8. What calms Sigismund?
(a) Adam's soothing voice.
(b) The organ music.
(c) The singing.
9. What has the King ordered Julian to be for the rest of his life?
(a) Sigismund's keeper.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A courtier.
(d) A priest.
10. What does Sigismund call the King?
(d) My Lord.
11. How does Simon think he will get information out of the Gypsy Girl?
(a) If she was left alone with Sigismund.
(b) If she is told Olivier is dead.
(c) If she is tortured.
(d) If she is starved.
12. What does the King say to the Confessor about Sigismund?
(a) He is afraid of Sigismund.
(b) He is an unruly child.
(c) He must be forgiven.
(d) He must be executed.
13. How does Julian refer to Sigismund?
(a) As a beggar.
(b) As crown prince.
(c) As the devil.
(d) As the next king.
14. Why does Sigismund dismiss the others?
(a) So he can talk with the Gypsy Girl alone.
(b) So he can plan his next military coup.
(c) He needs to pray.
(d) He wants to be alone.
15. Why does Olivier demand that Sigismund accuse Julian?
(a) So Sigismund will show the peasants he has power.
(b) So someone can be to blame.
(c) So Julian will try to escape.
(d) So he can be condemned and tortured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the orders given by Olivier?
2. Why does Anton try to force Sigismund's feet into his boots?
3. Who is the Children's King?
4. How does the Gypsy Girl respond when one of the rebels asks her where Olivier is?
5. What is Anton's warning?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)