|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
(a) Their plans for helping the King.
(b) Their plans for defeating Olivier.
(c) Their plans for helping Olivier.
(d) Their plans for escape.
2. What does the Spirit Figure of Julian do so Siglismund can see the war from above?
(a) He removes his head, giving it to Sigismund.
(b) He lifts him high in the air.
(c) He turns into a plane.
(d) He gives Sigismund wings.
3. Why does the King say that he must be obeyed?
(a) Because he will kill anyone who does not listen to him.
(b) Because as King he has the ultimate authority and was given that authority by God.
(c) Because he has the most money.
(d) Because he does not like to be ignored.
4. Why does the King withdraw with Julian?
(a) To observe the conversation between Adam and Sigismund.
(b) He does not want to scare Sigismund.
(c) Sigismund needs time alone to adjust to his surroundings.
(d) He does not want to see his son.
5. How does Sigismund react when Julian reveals himself?
(a) In awe.
(b) In fear.
(c) In shock.
(d) In excitement.
6. What does Anton say he has just heard?
(a) A shout.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A shot.
(d) A scream.
7. Who does a courtier report are on their way up?
(a) Julian and Sigismund.
(b) Ignatius and Sigismund.
(c) Anton and Sigismund.
(d) Adam and Sigismund.
8. As a courtier reports on Sigismund's desire to rest, of what does the King become aware?
(a) Music being played on an organ.
(b) A strange noise coming from a nearby room.
(c) Screaming in the tower.
(d) Someone singing.
9. What does the Doctor notice about Sigismund's hand?
(a) It is black.
(b) It is missing.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It is shriveled.
10. When Sigismund is gone, the Doctor makes what promise?
(a) Sigismund will never rule.
(b) He will not return to this kingdom as long as the King is alive.
(c) He will never get involved with Sigismund again.
(d) Sigismund will be taken care of and hints that his struggle for freedom is not finished.
11. Where is this act set?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In Sigismund's mother's bedchamber.
(c) In the tower.
(d) In the castle.
12. What does the King tearfully recall, regarding a king turning over his throne to his heir?
(a) The heir did not appreciate what was given to him.
(b) That King had urged his heir to bless the people of the kingdom in the same way that he himself had been blessed.
(c) The King did not want to give his kingdom to anyone.
(d) The young King looked just like his father.
13. What are Tartars?
(c) Turkish soldiers.
14. What plans has Julian been making for Sigismund?
(a) His life as King.
(b) His imprisonment.
(c) His escape.
(d) His life in the tower.
15. What example of the executions does the Confessor give the King?
(a) Only severe acts deserve execution.
(b) I do not believe in execution.
(c) Only those that are not royalty may be executed.
(d) Five year old children, who have been able to tell the difference between an apple and a coin, have been executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the Gypsy Girl say she is pregnant?
2. Why does Olivier want weapons drawn on Sigismund?
3. How does the Gypsy Girl respond when one of the rebels asks her where Olivier is?
4. Why does Olivier demand that Sigismund accuse Julian?
5. What do the two Gypsy Girls say about Olivier's march to power?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)