|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King point out about the room?
(a) It looks just as it did when Sigismund was born.
(b) It will be Sigismund's new home.
(c) It is a beautiful room, just like his Queen who used to inhabit it.
(d) That Sigismund was conceived in this very room.
2. A rebel named Jeronim tells other rebels that Sigismund's insane-sounding words are proof of what?
(a) He is insane.
(b) He is not the King's son.
(c) How the King and nobility drove him mad and are therefore evil and must be punished.
(d) He should not be their leader.
3. What is the King's judgment regarding Sigismund?
(a) He should be made king.
(b) He should be exiled.
(c) He should be exectued.
(d) He should be imprisoned again.
4. What do the Courtiers do to Sigismund?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They execute him.
(c) They carry him off and subdue him.
(d) They bow down to him.
5. Why does Anton try to force Sigismund's feet into his boots?
(a) He believes they have to escape.
(b) He is trying to put the royal garments on Sigismund.
(c) The ground is cold.
(d) He does not want the Messenger to steal the boots.
6. After the King collapses, how does Julian react?
(a) He collapses.
(b) He rushes in and kneels to Sigismund as if he were king.
(c) He rushes in a grabs Sigismund.
(d) He rushes in and kneels to the King.
7. What does Sigismund tell the Doctor and Anton, when they run in?
(a) Olivier is dead, explaining he has seen visions that have told him so.
(b) He is dying.
(c) The Gypsy Girl was a witch.
(d) The war is over.
8. How does Simon think he will get information out of the Gypsy Girl?
(a) If she was left alone with Sigismund.
(b) If she is starved.
(c) If she is tortured.
(d) If she is told Olivier is dead.
9. With what does the Gypsy Girl say she is pregnant?
(b) A tumor.
(c) Olivier's child.
10. Who is the Children's King?
(a) He is an outgoing peasant boy who the other children call king.
(b) He is the King's son by a servant, and he was kidnapped by his mother and raised in the woods.
(c) He is the younger son of the King and Queen.
(d) He is a boy that has decided to organize a militia group of children.
11. As a courtier reports on Sigismund's desire to rest, of what does the King become aware?
(a) Someone singing.
(b) A strange noise coming from a nearby room.
(c) Music being played on an organ.
(d) Screaming in the tower.
12. What are Tartars?
(d) Turkish soldiers.
13. What does Sigismund call the King?
(b) My Lord.
14. Where does the King think he might like to withdraw?
(a) To the forest.
(b) To a cabin in the moutains.
(c) To the monastery the way Ignatius did.
(d) To a resort by a beach.
15. What does the King urge Julian to be?
(a) Sigismund's friend.
(b) A spy for him.
(c) More kind than Ignatius had been.
(d) A better counselor to Sigismund than Ignatius was to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King tell Sigismund is his first responsibility as prince?
2. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
3. What does the King express to the Doctor?
4. What is Anton's warning?
5. It is the cause of the shooting that is heard?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)