|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Doctor have prepared if Sigismund should become unstable?
(a) A syringe filled with a sedative.
(b) A strait jacket.
(c) A sponge that has been soaked in a powerful narcotic.
(d) A padded cell.
2. Who does a courtier report are on their way up?
(a) Julian and Sigismund.
(b) Adam and Sigismund.
(c) Ignatius and Sigismund.
(d) Anton and Sigismund.
3. Why does Olivier demand that Sigismund accuse Julian?
(a) So someone can be to blame.
(b) So Sigismund will show the peasants he has power.
(c) So Julian will try to escape.
(d) So he can be condemned and tortured.
4. How does the King take the Confessor to mean by his statement regarding executions?
(a) He must convince others that Sigismund is not of royal blood.
(b) No matter how slight Sigismund's transgression, the King has the right to execute him.
(c) There is hardly anything Sigismund can do to be executed.
(d) No one may be executed.
5. What does the King say to the Confessor about Sigismund?
(a) He is afraid of Sigismund.
(b) He is an unruly child.
(c) He must be executed.
(d) He must be forgiven.
6. What are the orders given by Olivier?
(a) The rebels are to destroy the castle.
(b) The nobles are to be set free.
(c) The peasants are to be imprisioned and executed.
(d) Peasants are all to rise up and rebel, and merchants are to be chained to the farmer's plows.
7. What does Adam say when he appears?
(a) Departure for the tower is going to be delayed.
(b) He will help take care of Sigismund.
(c) The tower has been destroyed.
(d) It is time to leave for the tower.
8. Where does the King think he might like to withdraw?
(a) To the forest.
(b) To a cabin in the moutains.
(c) To a resort by a beach.
(d) To the monastery the way Ignatius did.
9. What does Sigismund call the King?
(c) My Lord.
10. When Sigismund is gone, the Doctor makes what promise?
(a) He will never get involved with Sigismund again.
(b) Sigismund will be taken care of and hints that his struggle for freedom is not finished.
(c) Sigismund will never rule.
(d) He will not return to this kingdom as long as the King is alive.
11. How does Sigismund react when Julian reveals himself?
(a) In shock.
(b) In awe.
(c) In fear.
(d) In excitement.
12. What does the King tearfully recall, regarding a king turning over his throne to his heir?
(a) The King did not want to give his kingdom to anyone.
(b) The young King looked just like his father.
(c) The heir did not appreciate what was given to him.
(d) That King had urged his heir to bless the people of the kingdom in the same way that he himself had been blessed.
13. After the King collapses, how does Julian react?
(a) He collapses.
(b) He rushes in and kneels to Sigismund as if he were king.
(c) He rushes in and kneels to the King.
(d) He rushes in a grabs Sigismund.
14. What are the rebels using as their battle cry?
(a) We need freedom.
(b) Down with the King.
(c) Long live the king.
(d) Sigismund's name.
15. What does the King express to the Doctor?
(a) His dislike.
(b) His fear.
(c) His uncertainties.
(d) His gratitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Simon think he will get information out of the Gypsy Girl?
2. Of what does Sigismund say Olivier smells?
3. What is one of the Ten Prohibitions in which Sigismund seems to have a skill?
4. What does the King urge Julian to be?
5. What does Olivier order Julian to try to do?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)