|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Children's King?
(a) He is an outgoing peasant boy who the other children call king.
(b) He is the younger son of the King and Queen.
(c) He is a boy that has decided to organize a militia group of children.
(d) He is the King's son by a servant, and he was kidnapped by his mother and raised in the woods.
2. What is the Green Faction?
(a) A group of farmers that have formed a militia.
(b) Members of the King's army.
(c) Members of the rebel army.
(d) Deserters from both the King's army and the rebels.
3. What does the King give Julian as a symbol of his authority?
(a) A pin.
(b) A ring.
(c) A medal.
(d) A crown.
4. How do the peasants feel about Sigismund?
(a) Frightened of the animal they think Sigismund has become but also eager to place him at the head of their rebellion.
(b) Honored to have him as their leader.
(c) Angered that he disrespected their king.
(d) Excited to meet this prince that has been away from his kingdom.
5. What is the King's judgment regarding Sigismund?
(a) He should be exectued.
(b) He should be made king.
(c) He should be exiled.
(d) He should be imprisoned again.
6. What do the Courtiers do to Sigismund?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They bow down to him.
(c) They execute him.
(d) They carry him off and subdue him.
7. Why does Olivier demand that Sigismund accuse Julian?
(a) So Julian will try to escape.
(b) So he can be condemned and tortured.
(c) So someone can be to blame.
(d) So Sigismund will show the peasants he has power.
8. How does the Gypsy Girl respond when one of the rebels asks her where Olivier is?
(a) She tells him where Olivier is.
(b) She hits him.
(c) She refuses to speak.
(d) She screams.
9. What has the King ordered Julian to be for the rest of his life?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A priest.
(c) Sigismund's keeper.
(d) A courtier.
10. After the courtier who has given Julian the news goes, Anton tries to do what for Julian?
(a) Comfort him.
(b) Make him laugh.
(c) Find him a new job.
(d) Plead on his behalf.
11. What is the nobleman Adam's job?
(a) To teach Sigismund how to ride a horse.
(b) To prepare the meals for Sigismund and the King.
(c) To guide the King in his decisions regarding Sigismund.
(d) To pose as Sigismund's friend and get him to talk about his true feelings.
12. What does Sigismund do with Julian's request regarding the royal robes?
(a) He puts them on.
(b) He refuses to hang them out the window.
(c) He refuses to put them on.
(d) He burns them.
13. What has been untouched since the Queen's death?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her food.
(c) Her bedchamber.
(d) Her makeup.
14. What does Adam say when he appears?
(a) Departure for the tower is going to be delayed.
(b) The tower has been destroyed.
(c) It is time to leave for the tower.
(d) He will help take care of Sigismund.
15. What are Tartars?
(a) Turkish soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anton say he has just heard?
2. How does the King take the Confessor to mean by his statement regarding executions?
3. With what does the Gypsy Girl say she is pregnant?
4. What does Sigismund say about Marcus Aurelius?
5. What does the King tell Sigismund is his first responsibility as prince?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)