|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julian unwraps the bundle of royal robes brought in by Anton and insists Sigismund do what with them?
(a) Put them on.
(b) Wave them out the window.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Tear them to shreds.
2. What is the King's judgment regarding Sigismund?
(a) He should be exiled.
(b) He should be imprisoned again.
(c) He should be exectued.
(d) He should be made king.
3. What are Tartars?
(b) Turkish soldiers.
4. A rebel named Jeronim tells other rebels that Sigismund's insane-sounding words are proof of what?
(a) He is insane.
(b) How the King and nobility drove him mad and are therefore evil and must be punished.
(c) He is not the King's son.
(d) He should not be their leader.
5. Why does the King say that he must be obeyed?
(a) Because he has the most money.
(b) Because as King he has the ultimate authority and was given that authority by God.
(c) Because he will kill anyone who does not listen to him.
(d) Because he does not like to be ignored.
6. What do the two Gypsy Girls say about Olivier's march to power?
(a) It is unstoppable.
(b) It will end.
(c) It has ended.
(d) It is weakening.
7. How does Julian refer to Sigismund?
(a) As a beggar.
(b) As crown prince.
(c) As the devil.
(d) As the next king.
8. With what does the Gypsy Girl say she is pregnant?
(b) A tumor.
(d) Olivier's child.
9. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
(a) Their plans for escape.
(b) Their plans for defeating Olivier.
(c) Their plans for helping Olivier.
(d) Their plans for helping the King.
10. What does Sigismund say about Marcus Aurelius?
(a) He reminds him of his father.
(b) He is very different from Sigismund.
(c) He is a great man that Sigismund wishes were there to help him.
(d) He had plans for his world in much the same way as Sigismund has plans for his.
11. Why does the King withdraw with Julian?
(a) Sigismund needs time alone to adjust to his surroundings.
(b) He does not want to scare Sigismund.
(c) To observe the conversation between Adam and Sigismund.
(d) He does not want to see his son.
12. What is the King prepared to do to ensure that power and order in the kingdom continue?
(a) Create new laws.
(b) Anything but hurt Sigismund.
(c) Whatever is necessary.
(d) Add to the list of Ten Prohibitions.
13. What are the rebels using as their battle cry?
(a) We need freedom.
(b) Sigismund's name.
(c) Long live the king.
(d) Down with the King.
14. What plans has Julian been making for Sigismund?
(a) His escape.
(b) His life in the tower.
(c) His life as King.
(d) His imprisonment.
15. What does the King tell Sigismund is his first responsibility as prince?
(a) To convince Brother Ignatius to return to the King's court.
(b) To rid the kingdom of those who despise the King.
(c) To add to the list of Ten Prohibitions.
(d) To get rid of Julian, whom the King describes as a scheming serpent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Sigismund say Olivier smells?
2. What does Sigismund do with Julian's request regarding the royal robes?
3. Who does a courtier report are on their way up?
4. What are peasants and other citizens doing?
5. How does Simon think he will get information out of the Gypsy Girl?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)