|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Gypsy Girl react when Sigismund tells her of a rumor that Olivier has been killed in battle?
(a) She cries.
(b) She does not react.
(c) She screams.
(d) She just laughs.
2. Where is this act set?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In the tower.
(c) In the castle.
(d) In Sigismund's mother's bedchamber.
3. What is Sigismund's new prison cell?
(a) A subterranean chamber beneath the tower.
(b) An old barn.
(c) His mother's bedchamber.
(d) A room high up in the tower.
4. When Sigismund is gone, the Doctor makes what promise?
(a) Sigismund will be taken care of and hints that his struggle for freedom is not finished.
(b) He will never get involved with Sigismund again.
(c) He will not return to this kingdom as long as the King is alive.
(d) Sigismund will never rule.
5. What do Olivier and the rebels do to each village they pass through?
(a) They form an army.
(b) They help each one.
(c) They destroy each one.
(d) They cheer them on.
6. What is one of the Ten Prohibitions in which Sigismund seems to have a skill?
(c) Horseback riding.
7. What does Sigismund sense?
(a) Hatred among the people.
(b) He is about to die.
(c) Something important is about to happen to him.
8. Why does Olivier demand that Sigismund accuse Julian?
(a) So he can be condemned and tortured.
(b) So Julian will try to escape.
(c) So someone can be to blame.
(d) So Sigismund will show the peasants he has power.
9. What has the King ordered Julian to be for the rest of his life?
(a) A courtier.
(b) A priest.
(c) Sigismund's keeper.
(d) A beggar.
10. How does Simon think he will get information out of the Gypsy Girl?
(a) If she is starved.
(b) If she was left alone with Sigismund.
(c) If she is told Olivier is dead.
(d) If she is tortured.
11. How does Julian refer to Sigismund?
(a) As a beggar.
(b) As the devil.
(c) As crown prince.
(d) As the next king.
12. Why does the King withdraw with Julian?
(a) He does not want to scare Sigismund.
(b) He does not want to see his son.
(c) To observe the conversation between Adam and Sigismund.
(d) Sigismund needs time alone to adjust to his surroundings.
13. What do the two Gypsy Girls say about Olivier's march to power?
(a) It will end.
(b) It has ended.
(c) It is unstoppable.
(d) It is weakening.
14. What are the rebels using as their battle cry?
(a) We need freedom.
(b) Long live the king.
(c) Down with the King.
(d) Sigismund's name.
15. Of what does Sigismund say Olivier smells?
(b) Death and revenge.
(c) Sweat and dirt.
(d) Violets and roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King say to the Confessor about Sigismund?
2. What is the King's judgment regarding Sigismund?
3. What does Olivier call Julian?
4. What are Tartars?
5. What has been untouched since the Queen's death?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)