|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julian unwraps the bundle of royal robes brought in by Anton and insists Sigismund do what with them?
(a) Wave them out the window.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Tear them to shreds.
(d) Put them on.
2. With what does the Gypsy Girl say she is pregnant?
(a) A tumor.
(d) Olivier's child.
3. What does Olivier call Julian?
(a) The Devil.
(d) A Judas.
4. What has been untouched since the Queen's death?
(a) Her bedchamber.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her food.
(d) Her makeup.
5. What are the rebels using as their battle cry?
(a) Down with the King.
(b) We need freedom.
(c) Long live the king.
(d) Sigismund's name.
6. It is the cause of the shooting that is heard?
(a) It came from members of the Green Faction who have camped nearby.
(b) It came from the King's army in the castle.
(c) It is a small band of peasants from a nearby village.
(d) It is coming from the tower.
7. What is Anton's warning?
(a) The meeting between Sigismund and the King will not go well.
(b) Sigismund is not ready to meet with the King.
(c) Sigismund will kill the King.
(d) Sigismund is stronger than the King.
8. Of what does Sigismund say Olivier smells?
(a) Sweat and dirt.
(b) Death and revenge.
(c) Violets and roses.
9. What do the Courtiers do to Sigismund?
(a) They execute him.
(b) They carry him off and subdue him.
(c) They beat him.
(d) They bow down to him.
10. How does Adam communicate with Sigismund?
(a) Only through gestures.
(b) By whispers.
(c) In another language.
(d) By yelling loudly.
11. After the King collapses, how does Julian react?
(a) He rushes in and kneels to Sigismund as if he were king.
(b) He collapses.
(c) He rushes in a grabs Sigismund.
(d) He rushes in and kneels to the King.
12. How do the peasants feel about Sigismund?
(a) Frightened of the animal they think Sigismund has become but also eager to place him at the head of their rebellion.
(b) Honored to have him as their leader.
(c) Angered that he disrespected their king.
(d) Excited to meet this prince that has been away from his kingdom.
13. Who is the Confessor?
(a) The courtier who has been with Sigismund.
(b) A spy for the King.
(c) The hearer of the King's prayers and confessions.
(d) One who confesses his sins to the King.
14. Where is this act set?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In the castle.
(c) In Sigismund's mother's bedchamber.
(d) In the tower.
15. What does the Doctor notice about Sigismund's hand?
(a) It is missing.
(b) It is shriveled.
(c) It is black.
(d) It is bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King say that he must be obeyed?
2. What is the nobleman Adam's job?
3. How does the King take the Confessor to mean by his statement regarding executions?
4. What does Julian insist must be done with the Messenger?
5. What does the King give Julian as a symbol of his authority?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)