|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julian refer to Sigismund?
(a) As a beggar.
(b) As crown prince.
(c) As the next king.
(d) As the devil.
2. What does the Spirit Figure of Julian do so Siglismund can see the war from above?
(a) He lifts him high in the air.
(b) He removes his head, giving it to Sigismund.
(c) He turns into a plane.
(d) He gives Sigismund wings.
3. How does the Gypsy Girl respond when one of the rebels asks her where Olivier is?
(a) She tells him where Olivier is.
(b) She screams.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She refuses to speak.
4. What do the two Gypsy Girls say about Olivier's march to power?
(a) It has ended.
(b) It is unstoppable.
(c) It is weakening.
(d) It will end.
5. How does Sigismund react when Julian reveals himself?
(a) In excitement.
(b) In fear.
(c) In shock.
(d) In awe.
6. What does Olivier order Julian to try to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Defend himself.
(d) Kill Sigismund.
7. When Sigismund is gone, the Doctor makes what promise?
(a) Sigismund will be taken care of and hints that his struggle for freedom is not finished.
(b) Sigismund will never rule.
(c) He will never get involved with Sigismund again.
(d) He will not return to this kingdom as long as the King is alive.
8. As a courtier reports on Sigismund's desire to rest, of what does the King become aware?
(a) Screaming in the tower.
(b) Someone singing.
(c) Music being played on an organ.
(d) A strange noise coming from a nearby room.
9. After the King collapses, how does Julian react?
(a) He rushes in a grabs Sigismund.
(b) He rushes in and kneels to the King.
(c) He rushes in and kneels to Sigismund as if he were king.
(d) He collapses.
10. What does Sigismund say about Marcus Aurelius?
(a) He reminds him of his father.
(b) He had plans for his world in much the same way as Sigismund has plans for his.
(c) He is a great man that Sigismund wishes were there to help him.
(d) He is very different from Sigismund.
11. Where is this act set?
(a) In Sigismund's mother's bedchamber.
(b) In the castle.
(c) In the tower.
(d) In a tent.
12. What is the nobleman Adam's job?
(a) To teach Sigismund how to ride a horse.
(b) To pose as Sigismund's friend and get him to talk about his true feelings.
(c) To prepare the meals for Sigismund and the King.
(d) To guide the King in his decisions regarding Sigismund.
13. How do the peasants feel about Sigismund?
(a) Angered that he disrespected their king.
(b) Honored to have him as their leader.
(c) Frightened of the animal they think Sigismund has become but also eager to place him at the head of their rebellion.
(d) Excited to meet this prince that has been away from his kingdom.
14. What is Anton's warning?
(a) The meeting between Sigismund and the King will not go well.
(b) Sigismund is stronger than the King.
(c) Sigismund is not ready to meet with the King.
(d) Sigismund will kill the King.
15. What are Tartars?
(a) Turkish soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The King, Confessor and courtiers leave, with some of the courtiers doing what to Julian?
2. What does the King tearfully recall, regarding a king turning over his throne to his heir?
3. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
4. How does the Gypsy Girl react when Sigismund tells her of a rumor that Olivier has been killed in battle?
5. Who is the Confessor?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)