|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam say when he appears?
(a) It is time to leave for the tower.
(b) The tower has been destroyed.
(c) He will help take care of Sigismund.
(d) Departure for the tower is going to be delayed.
2. What are the orders given by Olivier?
(a) The rebels are to destroy the castle.
(b) The peasants are to be imprisioned and executed.
(c) The nobles are to be set free.
(d) Peasants are all to rise up and rebel, and merchants are to be chained to the farmer's plows.
3. What has the King ordered Julian to be for the rest of his life?
(a) A courtier.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A priest.
(d) Sigismund's keeper.
4. How does the Gypsy Girl react when Sigismund tells her of a rumor that Olivier has been killed in battle?
(a) She does not react.
(b) She just laughs.
(c) She screams.
(d) She cries.
5. What example of the executions does the Confessor give the King?
(a) Only severe acts deserve execution.
(b) Only those that are not royalty may be executed.
(c) I do not believe in execution.
(d) Five year old children, who have been able to tell the difference between an apple and a coin, have been executed.
6. What does Olivier call Julian?
(a) The Devil.
(d) A Judas.
7. What is Sigismund's new prison cell?
(a) His mother's bedchamber.
(b) An old barn.
(c) A subterranean chamber beneath the tower.
(d) A room high up in the tower.
8. What does the King tearfully recall, regarding a king turning over his throne to his heir?
(a) The King did not want to give his kingdom to anyone.
(b) The heir did not appreciate what was given to him.
(c) The young King looked just like his father.
(d) That King had urged his heir to bless the people of the kingdom in the same way that he himself had been blessed.
9. How does Adam communicate with Sigismund?
(a) Only through gestures.
(b) In another language.
(c) By whispers.
(d) By yelling loudly.
10. After the King collapses, how does Julian react?
(a) He collapses.
(b) He rushes in and kneels to the King.
(c) He rushes in a grabs Sigismund.
(d) He rushes in and kneels to Sigismund as if he were king.
11. Who does a courtier report are on their way up?
(a) Ignatius and Sigismund.
(b) Anton and Sigismund.
(c) Adam and Sigismund.
(d) Julian and Sigismund.
12. Julian unwraps the bundle of royal robes brought in by Anton and insists Sigismund do what with them?
(a) Tear them to shreds.
(b) Put them on.
(c) Wave them out the window.
(d) Burn them.
13. How does Julian refer to Sigismund?
(a) As the devil.
(b) As crown prince.
(c) As the next king.
(d) As a beggar.
14. What does Sigismund tell the Doctor and Anton, when they run in?
(a) The Gypsy Girl was a witch.
(b) Olivier is dead, explaining he has seen visions that have told him so.
(c) He is dying.
(d) The war is over.
15. What does the Spirit Figure of Julian do so Siglismund can see the war from above?
(a) He removes his head, giving it to Sigismund.
(b) He gives Sigismund wings.
(c) He turns into a plane.
(d) He lifts him high in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is this act set?
2. What does Sigismund sense?
3. Where does the King think he might like to withdraw?
4. How does the Gypsy Girl respond when one of the rebels asks her where Olivier is?
5. What is one of the Ten Prohibitions in which Sigismund seems to have a skill?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)