|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Simon think he will get information out of the Gypsy Girl?
(a) If she is starved.
(b) If she is told Olivier is dead.
(c) If she is tortured.
(d) If she was left alone with Sigismund.
2. What is the King's judgment regarding Sigismund?
(a) He should be exectued.
(b) He should be exiled.
(c) He should be made king.
(d) He should be imprisoned again.
3. How do the peasants feel about Sigismund?
(a) Frightened of the animal they think Sigismund has become but also eager to place him at the head of their rebellion.
(b) Angered that he disrespected their king.
(c) Honored to have him as their leader.
(d) Excited to meet this prince that has been away from his kingdom.
4. What does Julian insist must be done with the Messenger?
(a) He must be executed.
(b) He must be locked in the tower.
(c) He must be searched for a written message.
(d) He must be escorted out.
5. What does Sigismund say about Marcus Aurelius?
(a) He is very different from Sigismund.
(b) He had plans for his world in much the same way as Sigismund has plans for his.
(c) He is a great man that Sigismund wishes were there to help him.
(d) He reminds him of his father.
6. What are Tartars?
(a) Turkish soldiers.
7. What does Sigismund do with Julian's request regarding the royal robes?
(a) He puts them on.
(b) He burns them.
(c) He refuses to hang them out the window.
(d) He refuses to put them on.
8. Why does Olivier want weapons drawn on Sigismund?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To embarrass him.
(c) To see if he recognizes objects.
(d) To scare him.
9. What is Sigismund's new prison cell?
(a) An old barn.
(b) A room high up in the tower.
(c) His mother's bedchamber.
(d) A subterranean chamber beneath the tower.
10. What is the Green Faction?
(a) Deserters from both the King's army and the rebels.
(b) Members of the King's army.
(c) A group of farmers that have formed a militia.
(d) Members of the rebel army.
11. After the King collapses, how does Julian react?
(a) He collapses.
(b) He rushes in a grabs Sigismund.
(c) He rushes in and kneels to Sigismund as if he were king.
(d) He rushes in and kneels to the King.
12. What does the Gypsy Girl magically cause to emerge from the earth?
(b) Human bones.
(c) The Devil.
13. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
(a) Their plans for helping Olivier.
(b) Their plans for defeating Olivier.
(c) Their plans for helping the King.
(d) Their plans for escape.
14. What are peasants and other citizens doing?
(a) Cheering in front of the castle.
(b) Blocking the roads as they flock to the churches, wanting to pray for the appearance of a "beggar king" who, in chains, will lead them into a new age.
(c) Asking to see the King.
(d) Running for their lives.
15. What is one of the Ten Prohibitions in which Sigismund seems to have a skill?
(d) Horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adam communicate with Sigismund?
2. What plans has Julian been making for Sigismund?
3. After the courtier who has given Julian the news goes, Anton tries to do what for Julian?
4. What does Sigismund tell the Doctor and Anton, when they run in?
5. What does the Spirit Figure of Julian do so Siglismund can see the war from above?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)