|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Tartars?
(d) Turkish soldiers.
2. What does the Doctor notice about Sigismund's hand?
(a) It is shriveled.
(b) It is missing.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It is black.
3. What does Olivier call Julian?
(c) The Devil.
(d) A Judas.
4. Why does Olivier demand that Sigismund accuse Julian?
(a) So he can be condemned and tortured.
(b) So someone can be to blame.
(c) So Julian will try to escape.
(d) So Sigismund will show the peasants he has power.
5. How do the peasants feel about Sigismund?
(a) Honored to have him as their leader.
(b) Angered that he disrespected their king.
(c) Frightened of the animal they think Sigismund has become but also eager to place him at the head of their rebellion.
(d) Excited to meet this prince that has been away from his kingdom.
6. What is Sigismund's new prison cell?
(a) A room high up in the tower.
(b) An old barn.
(c) His mother's bedchamber.
(d) A subterranean chamber beneath the tower.
7. What is the King prepared to do to ensure that power and order in the kingdom continue?
(a) Whatever is necessary.
(b) Create new laws.
(c) Add to the list of Ten Prohibitions.
(d) Anything but hurt Sigismund.
8. What does the King point out about the room?
(a) That Sigismund was conceived in this very room.
(b) It is a beautiful room, just like his Queen who used to inhabit it.
(c) It will be Sigismund's new home.
(d) It looks just as it did when Sigismund was born.
9. What are peasants and other citizens doing?
(a) Cheering in front of the castle.
(b) Asking to see the King.
(c) Running for their lives.
(d) Blocking the roads as they flock to the churches, wanting to pray for the appearance of a "beggar king" who, in chains, will lead them into a new age.
10. How does Sigismund react when Julian reveals himself?
(a) In fear.
(b) In awe.
(c) In shock.
(d) In excitement.
11. What does the Boy say the peasants are doing?
(a) Executing the nobles.
(b) Fighting for the King.
(c) Imprisoning the nobles.
(d) Calling for Sigismund's execution.
12. What does Sigismund do with Julian's request regarding the royal robes?
(a) He refuses to hang them out the window.
(b) He burns them.
(c) He refuses to put them on.
(d) He puts them on.
13. Who does a courtier report are on their way up?
(a) Anton and Sigismund.
(b) Adam and Sigismund.
(c) Ignatius and Sigismund.
(d) Julian and Sigismund.
14. After the King collapses, how does Julian react?
(a) He rushes in a grabs Sigismund.
(b) He rushes in and kneels to Sigismund as if he were king.
(c) He collapses.
(d) He rushes in and kneels to the King.
15. What are the rebels using as their battle cry?
(a) Down with the King.
(b) Long live the king.
(c) Sigismund's name.
(d) We need freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two Gypsy Girls say about Olivier's march to power?
2. Who is the Children's King?
3. What does Julian insist must be done with the Messenger?
4. What plans has Julian been making for Sigismund?
5. What does the Doctor have prepared if Sigismund should become unstable?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)