|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Boy say the peasants are doing?
(a) Imprisoning the nobles.
(b) Fighting for the King.
(c) Executing the nobles.
(d) Calling for Sigismund's execution.
2. Who is the Confessor?
(a) The hearer of the King's prayers and confessions.
(b) The courtier who has been with Sigismund.
(c) One who confesses his sins to the King.
(d) A spy for the King.
3. What does Sigismund call the King?
(b) My Lord.
4. What is the King prepared to do to ensure that power and order in the kingdom continue?
(a) Create new laws.
(b) Add to the list of Ten Prohibitions.
(c) Anything but hurt Sigismund.
(d) Whatever is necessary.
5. What is Sigismund's new prison cell?
(a) An old barn.
(b) A room high up in the tower.
(c) A subterranean chamber beneath the tower.
(d) His mother's bedchamber.
6. After the King collapses, how does Julian react?
(a) He rushes in a grabs Sigismund.
(b) He collapses.
(c) He rushes in and kneels to Sigismund as if he were king.
(d) He rushes in and kneels to the King.
7. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
(a) Their plans for defeating Olivier.
(b) Their plans for escape.
(c) Their plans for helping the King.
(d) Their plans for helping Olivier.
8. Of what does Sigismund say Olivier smells?
(a) Sweat and dirt.
(c) Death and revenge.
(d) Violets and roses.
9. After the courtier who has given Julian the news goes, Anton tries to do what for Julian?
(a) Plead on his behalf.
(b) Find him a new job.
(c) Make him laugh.
(d) Comfort him.
10. What does the King express to the Doctor?
(a) His gratitude.
(b) His dislike.
(c) His uncertainties.
(d) His fear.
11. It is the cause of the shooting that is heard?
(a) It came from members of the Green Faction who have camped nearby.
(b) It is a small band of peasants from a nearby village.
(c) It came from the King's army in the castle.
(d) It is coming from the tower.
12. What do Olivier and the rebels do to each village they pass through?
(a) They destroy each one.
(b) They cheer them on.
(c) They help each one.
(d) They form an army.
13. Who is the Children's King?
(a) He is an outgoing peasant boy who the other children call king.
(b) He is a boy that has decided to organize a militia group of children.
(c) He is the younger son of the King and Queen.
(d) He is the King's son by a servant, and he was kidnapped by his mother and raised in the woods.
14. What does Anton say he has just heard?
(a) A shout.
(b) A shot.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A scream.
15. What does Olivier order Julian to try to do?
(a) Kill Sigismund.
(c) Defend himself.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been untouched since the Queen's death?
2. How does the Gypsy Girl respond when one of the rebels asks her where Olivier is?
3. What are peasants and other citizens doing?
4. What does the King tell Sigismund is his first responsibility as prince?
5. What does the King give Julian as a symbol of his authority?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)