|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Green Faction?
(a) A group of farmers that have formed a militia.
(b) Members of the rebel army.
(c) Members of the King's army.
(d) Deserters from both the King's army and the rebels.
2. What does Olivier call Julian?
(c) The Devil.
(d) A Judas.
3. What does the Boy say the peasants are doing?
(a) Executing the nobles.
(b) Calling for Sigismund's execution.
(c) Fighting for the King.
(d) Imprisoning the nobles.
4. Why does the King withdraw with Julian?
(a) He does not want to scare Sigismund.
(b) He does not want to see his son.
(c) To observe the conversation between Adam and Sigismund.
(d) Sigismund needs time alone to adjust to his surroundings.
5. What plans has Julian been making for Sigismund?
(a) His life as King.
(b) His imprisonment.
(c) His life in the tower.
(d) His escape.
6. What calms Sigismund?
(a) The organ music.
(c) Adam's soothing voice.
(d) The singing.
7. What example of the executions does the Confessor give the King?
(a) I do not believe in execution.
(b) Five year old children, who have been able to tell the difference between an apple and a coin, have been executed.
(c) Only those that are not royalty may be executed.
(d) Only severe acts deserve execution.
8. Julian unwraps the bundle of royal robes brought in by Anton and insists Sigismund do what with them?
(a) Put them on.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Wave them out the window.
(d) Tear them to shreds.
9. What is the King's judgment regarding Sigismund?
(a) He should be imprisoned again.
(b) He should be exectued.
(c) He should be made king.
(d) He should be exiled.
10. What does the King tell Sigismund is his first responsibility as prince?
(a) To convince Brother Ignatius to return to the King's court.
(b) To add to the list of Ten Prohibitions.
(c) To rid the kingdom of those who despise the King.
(d) To get rid of Julian, whom the King describes as a scheming serpent.
11. What does Olivier order Julian to try to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill Sigismund.
(c) Defend himself.
12. What are Tartars?
(d) Turkish soldiers.
13. Who does a courtier report are on their way up?
(a) Ignatius and Sigismund.
(b) Julian and Sigismund.
(c) Adam and Sigismund.
(d) Anton and Sigismund.
14. When Sigismund is gone, the Doctor makes what promise?
(a) He will not return to this kingdom as long as the King is alive.
(b) Sigismund will never rule.
(c) He will never get involved with Sigismund again.
(d) Sigismund will be taken care of and hints that his struggle for freedom is not finished.
15. What does Sigismund call the King?
(b) My Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sigismund's new prison cell?
2. What are the orders given by Olivier?
3. What does the King point out about the room?
4. It is the cause of the shooting that is heard?
5. What do the Courtiers do to Sigismund?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)