|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sigismund react when Julian reveals himself?
(a) In fear.
(b) In awe.
(c) In excitement.
(d) In shock.
2. What does Adam say when he appears?
(a) It is time to leave for the tower.
(b) Departure for the tower is going to be delayed.
(c) The tower has been destroyed.
(d) He will help take care of Sigismund.
3. As a courtier reports on Sigismund's desire to rest, of what does the King become aware?
(a) A strange noise coming from a nearby room.
(b) Screaming in the tower.
(c) Music being played on an organ.
(d) Someone singing.
4. Why does Olivier demand that Sigismund accuse Julian?
(a) So Julian will try to escape.
(b) So someone can be to blame.
(c) So he can be condemned and tortured.
(d) So Sigismund will show the peasants he has power.
5. What does the King give Julian as a symbol of his authority?
(a) A crown.
(b) A pin.
(c) A ring.
(d) A medal.
6. What does the King point out about the room?
(a) It looks just as it did when Sigismund was born.
(b) It will be Sigismund's new home.
(c) It is a beautiful room, just like his Queen who used to inhabit it.
(d) That Sigismund was conceived in this very room.
7. What does Olivier order Julian to try to do?
(a) Kill Sigismund.
(b) Defend himself.
(d) Run away.
8. What example of the executions does the Confessor give the King?
(a) Five year old children, who have been able to tell the difference between an apple and a coin, have been executed.
(b) I do not believe in execution.
(c) Only those that are not royalty may be executed.
(d) Only severe acts deserve execution.
9. What plans has Julian been making for Sigismund?
(a) His life in the tower.
(b) His escape.
(c) His life as King.
(d) His imprisonment.
10. What does Sigismund sense?
(a) Something important is about to happen to him.
(c) Hatred among the people.
(d) He is about to die.
11. What does Sigismund call the King?
(c) My Lord.
12. What does the Doctor notice about Sigismund's hand?
(a) It is missing.
(b) It is shriveled.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It is black.
13. Who is the Children's King?
(a) He is a boy that has decided to organize a militia group of children.
(b) He is the King's son by a servant, and he was kidnapped by his mother and raised in the woods.
(c) He is an outgoing peasant boy who the other children call king.
(d) He is the younger son of the King and Queen.
14. Julian unwraps the bundle of royal robes brought in by Anton and insists Sigismund do what with them?
(a) Tear them to shreds.
(b) Wave them out the window.
(c) Put them on.
(d) Burn them.
15. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
(a) Their plans for helping the King.
(b) Their plans for escape.
(c) Their plans for helping Olivier.
(d) Their plans for defeating Olivier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adam communicate with Sigismund?
2. What is Sigismund's new prison cell?
3. What is Anton's warning?
4. What does the King urge Julian to be?
5. What does the King tell Sigismund is his first responsibility as prince?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)