|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julian refer to Sigismund?
(a) As the next king.
(b) As the devil.
(c) As crown prince.
(d) As a beggar.
2. How does Sigismund react when Julian reveals himself?
(a) In shock.
(b) In excitement.
(c) In awe.
(d) In fear.
3. It is the cause of the shooting that is heard?
(a) It came from members of the Green Faction who have camped nearby.
(b) It came from the King's army in the castle.
(c) It is a small band of peasants from a nearby village.
(d) It is coming from the tower.
4. How does the Gypsy Girl respond when one of the rebels asks her where Olivier is?
(a) She tells him where Olivier is.
(b) She refuses to speak.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She screams.
5. What do Olivier and the rebels do to each village they pass through?
(a) They help each one.
(b) They destroy each one.
(c) They form an army.
(d) They cheer them on.
6. What does the King point out about the room?
(a) That Sigismund was conceived in this very room.
(b) It looks just as it did when Sigismund was born.
(c) It is a beautiful room, just like his Queen who used to inhabit it.
(d) It will be Sigismund's new home.
7. Why does the King withdraw with Julian?
(a) Sigismund needs time alone to adjust to his surroundings.
(b) To observe the conversation between Adam and Sigismund.
(c) He does not want to see his son.
(d) He does not want to scare Sigismund.
8. How does Simon think he will get information out of the Gypsy Girl?
(a) If she was left alone with Sigismund.
(b) If she is starved.
(c) If she is told Olivier is dead.
(d) If she is tortured.
9. What does Anton say he has just heard?
(a) A shot.
(b) A shout.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A scream.
10. What does Olivier order Julian to try to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill Sigismund.
(d) Defend himself.
11. How do the peasants feel about Sigismund?
(a) Excited to meet this prince that has been away from his kingdom.
(b) Angered that he disrespected their king.
(c) Frightened of the animal they think Sigismund has become but also eager to place him at the head of their rebellion.
(d) Honored to have him as their leader.
12. What has the King ordered Julian to be for the rest of his life?
(a) A priest.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A courtier.
(d) Sigismund's keeper.
13. Why does Sigismund dismiss the others?
(a) So he can talk with the Gypsy Girl alone.
(b) So he can plan his next military coup.
(c) He needs to pray.
(d) He wants to be alone.
14. What does Olivier call Julian?
(a) A Judas.
(b) The Devil.
15. Who is the Children's King?
(a) He is a boy that has decided to organize a militia group of children.
(b) He is the King's son by a servant, and he was kidnapped by his mother and raised in the woods.
(c) He is the younger son of the King and Queen.
(d) He is an outgoing peasant boy who the other children call king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Confessor?
2. After the King collapses, how does Julian react?
3. What is the nobleman Adam's job?
4. Where is this act set?
5. What does the Boy say the peasants are doing?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)