|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Boy say the peasants are doing?
(a) Executing the nobles.
(b) Imprisoning the nobles.
(c) Fighting for the King.
(d) Calling for Sigismund's execution.
2. What does the King give Julian as a symbol of his authority?
(a) A ring.
(b) A crown.
(c) A pin.
(d) A medal.
3. What is the nobleman Adam's job?
(a) To teach Sigismund how to ride a horse.
(b) To prepare the meals for Sigismund and the King.
(c) To pose as Sigismund's friend and get him to talk about his true feelings.
(d) To guide the King in his decisions regarding Sigismund.
4. Why does Olivier want weapons drawn on Sigismund?
(a) To scare him.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To embarrass him.
(d) To see if he recognizes objects.
5. What does the Gypsy Girl magically cause to emerge from the earth?
(b) The Devil.
(d) Human bones.
6. How do the peasants feel about Sigismund?
(a) Excited to meet this prince that has been away from his kingdom.
(b) Frightened of the animal they think Sigismund has become but also eager to place him at the head of their rebellion.
(c) Honored to have him as their leader.
(d) Angered that he disrespected their king.
7. Of what does Sigismund say Olivier smells?
(a) Death and revenge.
(b) Sweat and dirt.
(c) Violets and roses.
8. How does Adam communicate with Sigismund?
(a) By whispers.
(b) In another language.
(c) By yelling loudly.
(d) Only through gestures.
9. What does the Doctor have prepared if Sigismund should become unstable?
(a) A strait jacket.
(b) A sponge that has been soaked in a powerful narcotic.
(c) A padded cell.
(d) A syringe filled with a sedative.
10. Julian unwraps the bundle of royal robes brought in by Anton and insists Sigismund do what with them?
(a) Tear them to shreds.
(b) Put them on.
(c) Wave them out the window.
(d) Burn them.
11. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
(a) Their plans for helping the King.
(b) Their plans for helping Olivier.
(c) Their plans for defeating Olivier.
(d) Their plans for escape.
12. What does Sigismund sense?
(b) He is about to die.
(c) Hatred among the people.
(d) Something important is about to happen to him.
13. Where is this act set?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In the castle.
(c) In the tower.
(d) In Sigismund's mother's bedchamber.
14. What does Olivier order Julian to try to do?
(a) Kill Sigismund.
(b) Defend himself.
(d) Run away.
15. What does Adam say when he appears?
(a) It is time to leave for the tower.
(b) The tower has been destroyed.
(c) He will help take care of Sigismund.
(d) Departure for the tower is going to be delayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Confessor?
2. What does the King tell Sigismund is his first responsibility as prince?
3. Why does Olivier demand that Sigismund accuse Julian?
4. What does the King urge Julian to be?
5. Who is the Children's King?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)