|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Spirit Figure of Julian do so Siglismund can see the war from above?
(a) He turns into a plane.
(b) He removes his head, giving it to Sigismund.
(c) He gives Sigismund wings.
(d) He lifts him high in the air.
2. Who does a courtier report are on their way up?
(a) Anton and Sigismund.
(b) Julian and Sigismund.
(c) Adam and Sigismund.
(d) Ignatius and Sigismund.
3. What does Julian insist must be done with the Messenger?
(a) He must be escorted out.
(b) He must be executed.
(c) He must be locked in the tower.
(d) He must be searched for a written message.
4. How does the Gypsy Girl respond when one of the rebels asks her where Olivier is?
(a) She tells him where Olivier is.
(b) She hits him.
(c) She screams.
(d) She refuses to speak.
5. The King, Confessor and courtiers leave, with some of the courtiers doing what to Julian?
(a) Spitting on him.
(b) Laughing at him.
(c) Bowing to him.
(d) Hugging him.
6. What calms Sigismund?
(b) The organ music.
(c) Adam's soothing voice.
(d) The singing.
7. As a courtier reports on Sigismund's desire to rest, of what does the King become aware?
(a) A strange noise coming from a nearby room.
(b) Someone singing.
(c) Screaming in the tower.
(d) Music being played on an organ.
8. What do Olivier and the rebels do to each village they pass through?
(a) They form an army.
(b) They help each one.
(c) They cheer them on.
(d) They destroy each one.
9. What does the Boy say the peasants are doing?
(a) Imprisoning the nobles.
(b) Calling for Sigismund's execution.
(c) Fighting for the King.
(d) Executing the nobles.
10. What does Sigismund tell the Doctor and Anton, when they run in?
(a) He is dying.
(b) The Gypsy Girl was a witch.
(c) The war is over.
(d) Olivier is dead, explaining he has seen visions that have told him so.
11. What are peasants and other citizens doing?
(a) Cheering in front of the castle.
(b) Asking to see the King.
(c) Blocking the roads as they flock to the churches, wanting to pray for the appearance of a "beggar king" who, in chains, will lead them into a new age.
(d) Running for their lives.
12. What has been untouched since the Queen's death?
(a) Her bedchamber.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her makeup.
(d) Her food.
13. How does Julian refer to Sigismund?
(a) As the devil.
(b) As the next king.
(c) As crown prince.
(d) As a beggar.
14. Where is this act set?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In Sigismund's mother's bedchamber.
(c) In the tower.
(d) In the castle.
15. How does Simon think he will get information out of the Gypsy Girl?
(a) If she was left alone with Sigismund.
(b) If she is starved.
(c) If she is told Olivier is dead.
(d) If she is tortured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nobleman Adam's job?
2. What does Sigismund call the King?
3. What does the King give Julian as a symbol of his authority?
4. How do the peasants feel about Sigismund?
5. What is the Green Faction?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)