|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the Gypsy Girl say she is pregnant?
(a) Olivier's child.
(b) A tumor.
2. What is the nobleman Adam's job?
(a) To prepare the meals for Sigismund and the King.
(b) To teach Sigismund how to ride a horse.
(c) To guide the King in his decisions regarding Sigismund.
(d) To pose as Sigismund's friend and get him to talk about his true feelings.
3. What is the Green Faction?
(a) Members of the King's army.
(b) A group of farmers that have formed a militia.
(c) Members of the rebel army.
(d) Deserters from both the King's army and the rebels.
4. What are peasants and other citizens doing?
(a) Running for their lives.
(b) Cheering in front of the castle.
(c) Blocking the roads as they flock to the churches, wanting to pray for the appearance of a "beggar king" who, in chains, will lead them into a new age.
(d) Asking to see the King.
5. A rebel named Jeronim tells other rebels that Sigismund's insane-sounding words are proof of what?
(a) He is not the King's son.
(b) He should not be their leader.
(c) How the King and nobility drove him mad and are therefore evil and must be punished.
(d) He is insane.
6. What do the Courtiers do to Sigismund?
(a) They execute him.
(b) They carry him off and subdue him.
(c) They beat him.
(d) They bow down to him.
7. What does the Boy say the peasants are doing?
(a) Executing the nobles.
(b) Fighting for the King.
(c) Calling for Sigismund's execution.
(d) Imprisoning the nobles.
8. How does Sigismund react when Julian reveals himself?
(a) In shock.
(b) In fear.
(c) In awe.
(d) In excitement.
9. What is one of the Ten Prohibitions in which Sigismund seems to have a skill?
(b) Horseback riding.
10. What does Sigismund do with Julian's request regarding the royal robes?
(a) He puts them on.
(b) He refuses to hang them out the window.
(c) He refuses to put them on.
(d) He burns them.
11. What are the orders given by Olivier?
(a) The peasants are to be imprisioned and executed.
(b) The nobles are to be set free.
(c) The rebels are to destroy the castle.
(d) Peasants are all to rise up and rebel, and merchants are to be chained to the farmer's plows.
12. What does Anton say he has just heard?
(a) A shout.
(b) A scream.
(c) A shot.
(d) An explosion.
13. It is the cause of the shooting that is heard?
(a) It came from members of the Green Faction who have camped nearby.
(b) It came from the King's army in the castle.
(c) It is a small band of peasants from a nearby village.
(d) It is coming from the tower.
14. What does the Spirit Figure of Julian do so Siglismund can see the war from above?
(a) He turns into a plane.
(b) He gives Sigismund wings.
(c) He removes his head, giving it to Sigismund.
(d) He lifts him high in the air.
15. When Sigismund is gone, the Doctor makes what promise?
(a) He will never get involved with Sigismund again.
(b) Sigismund will never rule.
(c) Sigismund will be taken care of and hints that his struggle for freedom is not finished.
(d) He will not return to this kingdom as long as the King is alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example of the executions does the Confessor give the King?
2. What does the Doctor have prepared if Sigismund should become unstable?
3. What does the Gypsy Girl magically cause to emerge from the earth?
4. How does Julian refer to Sigismund?
5. As a courtier reports on Sigismund's desire to rest, of what does the King become aware?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)