|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the courtier who has given Julian the news goes, Anton tries to do what for Julian?
(a) Find him a new job.
(b) Plead on his behalf.
(c) Make him laugh.
(d) Comfort him.
2. Julian unwraps the bundle of royal robes brought in by Anton and insists Sigismund do what with them?
(a) Put them on.
(b) Tear them to shreds.
(c) Wave them out the window.
(d) Burn them.
3. Why does Olivier want weapons drawn on Sigismund?
(a) To embarrass him.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To scare him.
(d) To see if he recognizes objects.
4. What does the King tearfully recall, regarding a king turning over his throne to his heir?
(a) The heir did not appreciate what was given to him.
(b) The young King looked just like his father.
(c) The King did not want to give his kingdom to anyone.
(d) That King had urged his heir to bless the people of the kingdom in the same way that he himself had been blessed.
5. What does Adam say when he appears?
(a) He will help take care of Sigismund.
(b) The tower has been destroyed.
(c) It is time to leave for the tower.
(d) Departure for the tower is going to be delayed.
6. What does the King give Julian as a symbol of his authority?
(a) A ring.
(b) A crown.
(c) A medal.
(d) A pin.
7. What does the Spirit Figure of Julian do so Siglismund can see the war from above?
(a) He lifts him high in the air.
(b) He removes his head, giving it to Sigismund.
(c) He gives Sigismund wings.
(d) He turns into a plane.
8. Of what does Sigismund say Olivier smells?
(a) Death and revenge.
(c) Violets and roses.
(d) Sweat and dirt.
9. How does the Gypsy Girl respond when one of the rebels asks her where Olivier is?
(a) She tells him where Olivier is.
(b) She screams.
(c) She refuses to speak.
(d) She hits him.
10. What does the King tell Sigismund is his first responsibility as prince?
(a) To rid the kingdom of those who despise the King.
(b) To add to the list of Ten Prohibitions.
(c) To convince Brother Ignatius to return to the King's court.
(d) To get rid of Julian, whom the King describes as a scheming serpent.
11. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
(a) Their plans for helping Olivier.
(b) Their plans for escape.
(c) Their plans for defeating Olivier.
(d) Their plans for helping the King.
12. What do the two Gypsy Girls say about Olivier's march to power?
(a) It will end.
(b) It is weakening.
(c) It is unstoppable.
(d) It has ended.
13. What does Olivier order Julian to try to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill Sigismund.
(d) Defend himself.
14. When Sigismund is gone, the Doctor makes what promise?
(a) He will not return to this kingdom as long as the King is alive.
(b) Sigismund will be taken care of and hints that his struggle for freedom is not finished.
(c) He will never get involved with Sigismund again.
(d) Sigismund will never rule.
15. What does the Doctor notice about Sigismund's hand?
(a) It is bleeding.
(b) It is shriveled.
(c) It is missing.
(d) It is black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King withdraw with Julian?
2. What is the nobleman Adam's job?
3. What does Sigismund say about Marcus Aurelius?
4. What does the King ask the Confessor about Sigismund?
5. What example of the executions does the Confessor give the King?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)