|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of this scene?
(a) In the King's private rooms.
(b) In a room in the tower.
(c) In a field behind the tower.
(d) In the dungeon.
2. What does the King tell a nearby Beggar about Brother Ignatius?
(a) He is his brother.
(b) He will be glad to see him and tells him to wait.
(c) He is not available and does not want to see him.
(d) He is a villain.
3. For whom does the Doctor ask?
(a) His son.
(b) The King.
(c) The guards.
(d) His patient.
4. What does the Doctor think about the Prisoner's soul?
(a) It is going to Hell.
(b) It is noble and predestined for high distinction.
(c) It is weak.
(d) It is dying.
5. How does Anton respond to Julian's interest to join the court?
(a) He is just as excited to be a part of the King's court.
(b) He hopes he too will be asked to be a part of the court.
(c) He tells him he willll be facing several new and difficult responsibilities and suggests they escape before they get involved in all the politics and manipulations of court life.
(d) He knows Julian will be a good choice for the court.
6. Of what was the Prisoner convicted?
(a) Stealing from the King as a child.
(b) Wanting to run away from the King as a child.
(c) Plotting to assassinate the King when he was a child.
(d) Murdering the King's wife as a child.
7. Why can not see the Governor?
(a) He does not see anyone.
(b) He always communicates through a servant.
(c) He is out of town.
(d) He is too busy.
8. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
(a) How he was given orders to keep the Prisoner hidden from the world and therefore hid him with the farm family.
(b) How he is to murder the prisoner in his cell.
(c) How he is to take him away from this prison and protect him.
(d) How he has always wanted to protect the prisoner.
9. How do the people feel about this news from the King?
10. After the Recruit goes off, what does conversation between the guards reveal about Olivier?
(a) He is a knight.
(b) He is also a new Recruit.
(c) He is the King.
(d) He is the new Guard Commander.
11. Ignatius says everything the King is and has ever been is nothing but what?
(c) A waste.
12. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
(a) He orders whoever is making it to be silent.
(b) He screams.
(c) He hides.
(d) He runs away.
13. Over what do Olivier, Pancras and Andrew argue?
(a) Whether the Governor in charge of the tower truly has any right to issue orders.
14. Julian then talks about how he was manipulated into doing what?
(a) Putting the Prisoner into the prison cell with windows.
(b) Beating the Prisoner once every day.
(c) Feeding the Prisoner unhealthy food.
(d) Putting the Prisoner in the darkest, most damp cell available.
15. The King reminds him that everything he did to his son, Sigismund, he did on who's advice?
(a) The prophecy's.
(c) His wife's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter to Julian contain?
2. How does Julian react when Anton speaks about how glad he will be when the nobleman has gone?
3. As the Man and the Recruit continue to speak in poetic language about signs of approaching violence, what does Olivier do?
4. Sigismund says he feels so powerful that he can do what?
5. He adds that Julian's spiritual freedom depends on what?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)