|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what do Olivier, Pancras and Andrew argue?
(d) Whether the Governor in charge of the tower truly has any right to issue orders.
2. Who is the visitor Ignatius is happy to see?
(c) The King.
(d) The Beggar.
3. What does the Beggar say to the Monk, when the Monk asks what he wants?
(a) The Beggar wants food and shelter.
(b) The Beggar repeatedly says he's not worthy of Ignatius' attention,.
(c) The Beggar was once a monk himself.
(d) The Beggar wants to speak with Ignatius.
4. How does the Prisoner respond when Anton calls him by name?
(a) He does not respond.
(c) He screams.
(d) He begins banging the cage with his fists.
5. After the Recruit goes off, what does conversation between the guards reveal about Olivier?
(a) He is also a new Recruit.
(b) He is the new Guard Commander.
(c) He is the King.
(d) He is a knight.
6. In front of the tower, why does Olivier bully and berate a young Recruit?
(a) The Recruit was late to his post.
(b) For not responding properly to his petty orders.
(c) He is shy.
(d) The Recruit argued with Olivier.
7. What is the setting?
(a) The Peasant Woman's home.
(b) A room in the castle.
(c) A pasture behind the tower.
(d) Another room of the tower.
8. What does Julian order be done to Sigismund?
(a) He be dressed in royal clothes and that all other preparations for departure be completed.
(b) He be dressed in his prisoner clothing and put back in his cell.
(c) He be put to bed.
(d) He be secretly brought into the castle.
9. Who does Anton say the Prisoner sometimes flies into a rage and attacks?
(b) The King.
(d) The Guards.
10. What does the King instruct the Monk to tell Ignatius?
(a) To clean up and feed the beggar.
(b) That a man in great distress has come with an urgent petition.
(c) To remove the Beggar from the streets.
(d) To ignore the Beggar, who does not seem to want help.
11. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
(a) He screams.
(b) He hides.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He orders whoever is making it to be silent.
12. As the Man and the Recruit continue to speak in poetic language about signs of approaching violence, what does Olivier do?
(a) He listens in on the conversation.
(b) He calls to the Prisoner.
(c) He grabs a weapon and prepares to beat the Prisoner into silence.
(d) He goes to his rooms.
13. How does Olivier refer to the Prisoner?
(a) As a lout.
(b) As a beggar.
(c) As a prince.
(d) As a thief.
14. Julian then talks about how he was manipulated into doing what?
(a) Putting the Prisoner into the prison cell with windows.
(b) Putting the Prisoner in the darkest, most damp cell available.
(c) Beating the Prisoner once every day.
(d) Feeding the Prisoner unhealthy food.
15. What does the letter to Julian contain?
(a) The news that the King's nephew has been killed in a riding accident and that the King's chief advisor has suddenly become a monk.
(b) A note from the King thanking him for his birthday gift.
(c) The news that the King is coming for a visit.
(d) The news that the King wants the Prisoner removed from the Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
2. How does Julian react when Anton speaks about how glad he will be when the nobleman has gone?
3. What is revealed about the Peasant Woman?
4. Why can not see the Governor?
5. Who is Anton?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)