|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Anton assure the Doctor about Sigismund?
(a) He cannot communicate.
(b) He cannot run.
(c) He is weak.
(d) He cannot walk.
2. What does the Doctor say is the same as strong will?
(a) Strong faith.
(b) Strong arms.
(c) A strong mind.
(d) Strong thoughts.
3. What does the King do when the Young Monk reads another quote?
(a) He joins in reciting the quote.
(b) He turns to leave.
(c) He sits on a bench and listens.
(d) He tries to interrupt him.
4. Why are the Voivode late?
(a) They were not sure if they wanted to come.
(b) They were held back by rebels.
(c) They got lost.
(d) They forgot when they were to arrive.
5. How does Olivier speak about violence to come?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With pleasure.
(c) With fear.
(d) With anger.
6. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
(a) How he is to take him away from this prison and protect him.
(b) How he is to murder the prisoner in his cell.
(c) How he has always wanted to protect the prisoner.
(d) How he was given orders to keep the Prisoner hidden from the world and therefore hid him with the farm family.
7. How does the Prisoner respond when Anton calls him by name?
(a) He screams.
(c) He does not respond.
(d) He begins banging the cage with his fists.
8. What does the Doctor think about the Prisoner's soul?
(a) It is noble and predestined for high distinction.
(b) It is dying.
(c) It is going to Hell.
(d) It is weak.
9. What does Ignatius say about how the terror and remorse the King is experiencing?
(a) They are sad but difficult to change.
(b) The king does not deserves these.
(c) They are part of the true face of God, the spirit of judgment. The King cries for help.
(d) He should feel it more often.
10. About what are the citizens talking?
(a) A revolution that will end the lives of the nobility and the wealthy.
(b) A large funeral mass to be held for the King's nephew.
(c) Who will inherit the throne.
(d) A feast held in honor of the King.
11. What does Julian tell Sigismund he has come to bring him?
12. What does the King hope that Ignatius will be able to do?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Help him.
(c) Run away.
(d) Stay in the monastery.
13. How does Olivier refer to the Prisoner?
(a) As a beggar.
(b) As a prince.
(c) As a thief.
(d) As a lout.
14. Of what was the Prisoner convicted?
(a) Murdering the King's wife as a child.
(b) Plotting to assassinate the King when he was a child.
(c) Wanting to run away from the King as a child.
(d) Stealing from the King as a child.
15. How does Andrew explain the source of the noise?
(a) The Prisoner is singing to himself to stay calm.
(b) The Prisoner has a horse's bone that he uses to attack rats and other vermin when they get too much for him.
(c) The Prisoner is suffocating his cellmate.
(d) The Prisoner is crying and praying for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what do Olivier, Pancras and Andrew argue?
2. What is the setting of this scene?
3. As Anton goes, who comes back in.
4. What does Anton urge the Doctor to give the Prisoner?
5. How does Anton respond to Julian's interest to join the court?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)