|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sigismund imitate Christ's posture?
(a) On the Crucifix.
(b) When he is with children.
(c) When he prays to God in Gethsemane.
(d) When he walks on water.
2. How does Ignatius respond when the King falls to his knees, asking Ignatius' guidance in how to get his son back?
(a) Ignatius tells him he will do all he can.
(b) Ignatius tells him he does not deserve his son.
(c) Ignatius tellls him to leave.
(d) Ignatius tells him he's just acting.
3. Julian appears, carrying a vial that contains what?
(a) The Doctor's potion.
(c) Sigismund's blood.
4. How has Simon come?
(a) Saying he has ridden all night to seek out advice from the Doctor.
(b) Saying he has come to see the Prisoner.
(c) Saying he was given the letter to bring to Anton in the usual way and that he rode all night in order to deliver the message promptly.
(d) Saying he needs to speak with Anton alone.
5. Who does Anton say the Prisoner sometimes flies into a rage and attacks?
(b) The Guards.
(c) The King.
6. In the distance, what are heard?
(a) Several arguments.
(b) People screaming.
(c) Voices singing in Latin.
(d) Voices chanting for the King.
7. What does Julian tell the Doctor he is expected to do, regarding the Prisoner's health?
(a) Propose ways in which drastic improvements can be made.
(b) See if it is weakening.
(c) See how much longer it will hold up.
(d) Propose how to destroy it completely.
8. What does Sigismund feel when he wakes up?
(a) A strange feeling in his legs.
(b) His father is with him.
(c) A horrible headache.
(d) Like getting sick.
9. The Doctor that with each glance the Prisoner offers what?
(a) A glimpse of what it is like to be a prisoner.
(b) A lesson to be learned.
(c) A view into his soul.
(d) His patience and holiness.
10. Who is the visitor Ignatius is happy to see?
(c) The King.
(d) The Beggar.
11. What happens when Sigismund drinks the potion?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He loses his mind.
(c) He hallucinates.
(d) He falls unconscious.
12. How does the book the Monk reads describe the presence of the world?
(a) As a venemous fungus.
(b) As a desert wasteland.
(c) As a green, luscious place.
(d) As a colorful rainbow.
13. What is revealed about the Peasant Woman?
(a) She is the King's sister.
(b) She is Sigismund's foster mother from the farm family with whom he lived early in his life.
(c) She is Sigismund's mother and the Queen.
(d) She is Sigismund's sister.
14. Why can not see the Governor?
(a) He does not see anyone.
(b) He is out of town.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He always communicates through a servant.
15. The King talks at length about how his kingdom is falling apart and how he plans to attack who?
(a) The Muslims.
(b) The French.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King hope that Ignatius will be able to do?
2. Who does Pancras tell Olivier is making the noise?
3. For what does Julian ask the Doctor to prescribe?
4. What does the King tell a nearby Beggar about Brother Ignatius?
5. How does Ignatius respond when the Young Monk reads a quote about an innocent man being condemned?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)