|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
(a) How he was given orders to keep the Prisoner hidden from the world and therefore hid him with the farm family.
(b) How he has always wanted to protect the prisoner.
(c) How he is to take him away from this prison and protect him.
(d) How he is to murder the prisoner in his cell.
2. What does the King tell the other courtiers about Julian's behavior?
(a) It is a disgrace.
(b) It is a good example of true devotion.
(c) It is not as it should be.
(d) It is better than it had been.
3. How does Andrew explain the source of the noise?
(a) The Prisoner has a horse's bone that he uses to attack rats and other vermin when they get too much for him.
(b) The Prisoner is suffocating his cellmate.
(c) The Prisoner is singing to himself to stay calm.
(d) The Prisoner is crying and praying for help.
4. What does the King hope that Ignatius will be able to do?
(a) Help him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Run away.
(d) Stay in the monastery.
5. Of what was the Prisoner convicted?
(a) Murdering the King's wife as a child.
(b) Plotting to assassinate the King when he was a child.
(c) Stealing from the King as a child.
(d) Wanting to run away from the King as a child.
6. What does the Beggar say to the Monk, when the Monk asks what he wants?
(a) The Beggar was once a monk himself.
(b) The Beggar wants food and shelter.
(c) The Beggar repeatedly says he's not worthy of Ignatius' attention,.
(d) The Beggar wants to speak with Ignatius.
7. What is the setting of this scene?
(a) The tower.
(b) A castle.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A church.
8. How does the book the Monk reads describe the presence of the world?
(a) As a green, luscious place.
(b) As a venemous fungus.
(c) As a desert wasteland.
(d) As a colorful rainbow.
9. For whom does the Doctor ask?
(a) His patient.
(b) His son.
(c) The guards.
(d) The King.
10. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He screams.
(c) He orders whoever is making it to be silent.
(d) He hides.
11. As the Man and the Recruit continue to speak in poetic language about signs of approaching violence, what does Olivier do?
(a) He listens in on the conversation.
(b) He goes to his rooms.
(c) He grabs a weapon and prepares to beat the Prisoner into silence.
(d) He calls to the Prisoner.
12. In front of the tower, why does Olivier bully and berate a young Recruit?
(a) He is shy.
(b) The Recruit was late to his post.
(c) For not responding properly to his petty orders.
(d) The Recruit argued with Olivier.
13. Julian then talks about how he was manipulated into doing what?
(a) Beating the Prisoner once every day.
(b) Putting the Prisoner in the darkest, most damp cell available.
(c) Feeding the Prisoner unhealthy food.
(d) Putting the Prisoner into the prison cell with windows.
14. Of what does Anton assure the Doctor about Sigismund?
(a) He cannot walk.
(b) He is weak.
(c) He cannot communicate.
(d) He cannot run.
15. Who does Anton say the Prisoner sometimes flies into a rage and attacks?
(b) The Guards.
(c) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pancras tell Olivier is making the noise?
2. Who does Olivier think can sense "the bloodshed to come?"
3. What is revealed about the Peasant Woman?
4. The King reminds him that everything he did to his son, Sigismund, he did on who's advice?
5. Of what does Pancras remind Olivier?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)