|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Olivier speak about violence to come?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With anger.
(c) With pleasure.
(d) With fear.
2. Why can not see the Governor?
(a) He is out of town.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He always communicates through a servant.
(d) He does not see anyone.
3. What does the King say has eluded him?
(b) His son.
4. What does Julian tell the Doctor he is expected to do, regarding the Prisoner's health?
(a) See if it is weakening.
(b) See how much longer it will hold up.
(c) Propose how to destroy it completely.
(d) Propose ways in which drastic improvements can be made.
5. How does Sigismund make Anton angry?
(a) Sigismund argues with him.
(b) He sees from the straw that Sigismund has been playing with fire.
(c) He sees Sigismund trying to climb out the tower window.
(d) Sigismund is trying to pick the lock.
6. After the Recruit goes off, what does conversation between the guards reveal about Olivier?
(a) He is also a new Recruit.
(b) He is the new Guard Commander.
(c) He is a knight.
(d) He is the King.
7. What does Sigismund say about man, as Julian calls for the guards?
(a) Man is the devil.
(b) Man is strange.
(c) Man is glorious.
(d) Man is evil.
8. What does Sigismund feel when he wakes up?
(a) His father is with him.
(b) A horrible headache.
(c) A strange feeling in his legs.
(d) Like getting sick.
9. What is the setting?
(a) Another room of the tower.
(b) A pasture behind the tower.
(c) A room in the castle.
(d) The Peasant Woman's home.
10. Who does Olivier think can sense "the bloodshed to come?"
(a) The princes.
(b) The pigeons.
(c) The guards.
(d) The Jewish smugglers.
11. In front of the tower, why does Olivier bully and berate a young Recruit?
(a) The Recruit was late to his post.
(b) The Recruit argued with Olivier.
(c) He is shy.
(d) For not responding properly to his petty orders.
12. What does Sigismund do when the Peasant Woman tries to get him to pray with her?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He reluctantly prays with her.
(c) He asks to be taken back home.
(d) He tells her he is not religious.
13. Julian then talks about how he was manipulated into doing what?
(a) Beating the Prisoner once every day.
(b) Putting the Prisoner in the darkest, most damp cell available.
(c) Feeding the Prisoner unhealthy food.
(d) Putting the Prisoner into the prison cell with windows.
14. What does Julian say he has begun to have?
(a) No apetite.
(b) Sleepless nights.
(c) A large apetite.
(d) Many naps.
15. What does Ignatius say about how the terror and remorse the King is experiencing?
(a) He should feel it more often.
(b) They are part of the true face of God, the spirit of judgment. The King cries for help.
(c) They are sad but difficult to change.
(d) The king does not deserves these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anton react when Sigismund asks whether he actually is a human being?
2. What does the Doctor say is the same as strong will?
3. About what are the citizens talking?
4. Who is the visitor Ignatius is happy to see?
5. Whose grave does the King want to see?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)