|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Specific parallels to _____ story appear throughout the play, making thematic points about the importance of integrity, faith and tensions between spiritual and earthly power.
(a) The Zeus.
(b) The Czar.
(c) The Buddha.
(d) The Christ.
2. What does the Beggar say to the Monk, when the Monk asks what he wants?
(a) The Beggar repeatedly says he's not worthy of Ignatius' attention,.
(b) The Beggar wants to speak with Ignatius.
(c) The Beggar wants food and shelter.
(d) The Beggar was once a monk himself.
3. What does Anton do to Sigismund?
(a) He lays him on the ground.
(b) He laughs at him.
(c) He cradles him in his arms.
(d) He leaves him collapsed on the floor.
4. Whose grave does the King want to see?
(a) His nephew's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His Queen's.
(d) His son's.
5. How does Olivier speak to the guards?
6. How does Ignatius respond when the King falls to his knees, asking Ignatius' guidance in how to get his son back?
(a) Ignatius tells him he does not deserve his son.
(b) Ignatius tellls him to leave.
(c) Ignatius tells him he will do all he can.
(d) Ignatius tells him he's just acting.
7. Who does Olivier think can sense "the bloodshed to come?"
(a) The guards.
(b) The pigeons.
(c) The Jewish smugglers.
(d) The princes.
8. The Doctor accuses Julian of committing a crime against who?
(a) God himself.
(b) The Prisoner.
(c) The King.
(d) The Doctor.
9. What does Anton urge the Doctor to give the Prisoner?
(b) Handcuffs to wear around his wrists and ankles.
(c) Some medicine to calm him and make him happy.
(d) A shot to sedate him.
10. What does Julian say he has begun to have?
(a) No apetite.
(b) A large apetite.
(c) Sleepless nights.
(d) Many naps.
11. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
(a) How he was given orders to keep the Prisoner hidden from the world and therefore hid him with the farm family.
(b) How he is to take him away from this prison and protect him.
(c) How he is to murder the prisoner in his cell.
(d) How he has always wanted to protect the prisoner.
12. How does Anton react when Sigismund asks whether he actually is a human being?
(a) He tells him he is human.
(b) He ignores the question.
(c) He laughs at him.
(d) He tells him he is a mutant.
13. What does Ignatius reminds the King about marriage between a man and woman?
(a) It is forever.
(b) It can be broken, unlike the union between the Church and God.
(c) It is as sacred as the union between the Church and God.
(d) It is very special.
14. Julian appears, carrying a vial that contains what?
(a) The Doctor's potion.
(d) Sigismund's blood.
15. What happens when Sigismund says, "Father, into thy hands? "
(a) He collapses before he can finish.
(b) God calls to him.
(c) The King walks into the room.
(d) He begins to laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the visitor Ignatius is happy to see?
2. He adds that Julian's spiritual freedom depends on what?
3. As Anton goes, who comes back in.
4. Of what was the Doctor accused based on the Prisoner's survival?
5. What does Julian tell Sigismund he has come to bring him?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)