|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what are the citizens talking?
(a) A feast held in honor of the King.
(b) A revolution that will end the lives of the nobility and the wealthy.
(c) Who will inherit the throne.
(d) A large funeral mass to be held for the King's nephew.
2. What does the Doctor think about the Prisoner's soul?
(a) It is dying.
(b) It is weak.
(c) It is noble and predestined for high distinction.
(d) It is going to Hell.
3. Who does Olivier think can sense "the bloodshed to come?"
(a) The guards.
(b) The pigeons.
(c) The Jewish smugglers.
(d) The princes.
4. What does Olivier think he hears being passed back and forth?
(a) A rubber ball.
(b) Signals between bands of Jewish smugglers.
(c) Arguing between two guards.
(d) A pigeon carrying news from one prince to another.
5. What does Julian tell Sigismund he has come to bring him?
6. What does Julian order be done to Sigismund?
(a) He be secretly brought into the castle.
(b) He be dressed in his prisoner clothing and put back in his cell.
(c) He be dressed in royal clothes and that all other preparations for departure be completed.
(d) He be put to bed.
7. Ignatius says everything the King is and has ever been is nothing but what?
(d) A waste.
8. What does Julian tell the Doctor he is expected to do, regarding the Prisoner's health?
(a) See how much longer it will hold up.
(b) Propose ways in which drastic improvements can be made.
(c) Propose how to destroy it completely.
(d) See if it is weakening.
9. Of what does Pancras remind Olivier?
(a) He is to only refer to the Prisoner as a prince.
(b) He is never to refer to the Prisoner as a prince.
(c) The prince should be allowed to escape.
(d) The prince is a kind man.
10. What is heard at the gate?
(a) A whisper.
(b) A scream.
(c) A knock.
(d) A bird.
11. Julian then talks about how he was manipulated into doing what?
(a) Putting the Prisoner into the prison cell with windows.
(b) Beating the Prisoner once every day.
(c) Feeding the Prisoner unhealthy food.
(d) Putting the Prisoner in the darkest, most damp cell available.
12. Of what was the Doctor accused based on the Prisoner's survival?
(a) Wanting to be far from this kingdom.
(b) Wanting a new king.
(c) Having ambitions for power.
(d) Trying to save the Prisoner.
13. Sigismund says he feels so powerful that he can do what?
(a) Take power away from the King.
(b) Knock down the door to the tower.
(c) Blow away a straw and a stone tower with equal ease.
(d) Jump out of the tower and land safely on the ground.
14. Upon who does the Second urge the King to declare war?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The French.
(c) The Muslim.
(d) The peasants.
15. Whose grave does the King want to see?
(a) His son's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His nephew's.
(d) His Queen's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Simon come?
2. What does the King instruct the Monk to tell Ignatius?
3. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
4. The conviction was the direct result of what before the Prisoner was born?
5. How does the book the Monk reads describe the presence of the world?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)