|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Julian ask the Doctor to prescribe?
(a) Something that will keep him awake.
(b) Something that will calm him down.
(c) Something that make him confident.
(d) Something that will help him sleep.
2. What does Ignatius reminds the King about marriage between a man and woman?
(a) It is as sacred as the union between the Church and God.
(b) It can be broken, unlike the union between the Church and God.
(c) It is very special.
(d) It is forever.
3. What does the Doctor tell Julian he has chosen since he became an adult?
(a) A life of loneliness.
(b) A thrilling career.
(c) A life filled with people.
(d) An exciting life.
4. Ignatius says everything the King is and has ever been is nothing but what?
(a) A waste.
5. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
(a) He orders whoever is making it to be silent.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He screams.
(d) He hides.
6. How do the people feel about this news from the King?
7. What happens when Sigismund says, "Father, into thy hands? "
(a) He collapses before he can finish.
(b) The King walks into the room.
(c) God calls to him.
(d) He begins to laugh.
8. What does the King do when the Young Monk reads another quote?
(a) He sits on a bench and listens.
(b) He joins in reciting the quote.
(c) He tries to interrupt him.
(d) He turns to leave.
9. What did the prophecy contain?
(a) A war with France.
(b) Horrifying images of war and violence.
(c) The death of his son.
(d) A peaceful kingdom.
10. What does Sigismund say about man, as Julian calls for the guards?
(a) Man is glorious.
(b) Man is strange.
(c) Man is evil.
(d) Man is the devil.
11. What does the Beggar say to the Monk, when the Monk asks what he wants?
(a) The Beggar wants to speak with Ignatius.
(b) The Beggar was once a monk himself.
(c) The Beggar repeatedly says he's not worthy of Ignatius' attention,.
(d) The Beggar wants food and shelter.
12. How does Anton react when Sigismund asks whether he actually is a human being?
(a) He tells him he is a mutant.
(b) He ignores the question.
(c) He tells him he is human.
(d) He laughs at him.
13. What does Ignatius say about how the terror and remorse the King is experiencing?
(a) They are part of the true face of God, the spirit of judgment. The King cries for help.
(b) They are sad but difficult to change.
(c) He should feel it more often.
(d) The king does not deserves these.
14. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
(a) How he is to murder the prisoner in his cell.
(b) How he is to take him away from this prison and protect him.
(c) How he was given orders to keep the Prisoner hidden from the world and therefore hid him with the farm family.
(d) How he has always wanted to protect the prisoner.
15. What does Sigismund feel when he wakes up?
(a) Like getting sick.
(b) A horrible headache.
(c) His father is with him.
(d) A strange feeling in his legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the distance, what are heard?
2. As the Man and the Recruit continue to speak in poetic language about signs of approaching violence, what does Olivier do?
3. How does Olivier speak to the guards?
4. He adds that Julian's spiritual freedom depends on what?
5. How does Sigismund respond when Julian tells him he has to drink the potion to go on a journey?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)