|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Voivode late?
(a) They were held back by rebels.
(b) They were not sure if they wanted to come.
(c) They got lost.
(d) They forgot when they were to arrive.
2. As the Man and the Recruit continue to speak in poetic language about signs of approaching violence, what does Olivier do?
(a) He calls to the Prisoner.
(b) He grabs a weapon and prepares to beat the Prisoner into silence.
(c) He listens in on the conversation.
(d) He goes to his rooms.
3. For whom does the Doctor ask?
(a) His patient.
(b) The guards.
(c) His son.
(d) The King.
4. What does the letter to Julian contain?
(a) The news that the King wants the Prisoner removed from the Tower.
(b) The news that the King's nephew has been killed in a riding accident and that the King's chief advisor has suddenly become a monk.
(c) The news that the King is coming for a visit.
(d) A note from the King thanking him for his birthday gift.
5. How does the Prisoner respond when Anton calls him by name?
(a) He screams.
(b) He begins banging the cage with his fists.
(c) He does not respond.
6. What does the King tell a nearby Beggar about Brother Ignatius?
(a) He will be glad to see him and tells him to wait.
(b) He is his brother.
(c) He is a villain.
(d) He is not available and does not want to see him.
7. Why does the Doctor tear up his suggestions for keeping the Prisoner healthy?
(a) He wants to see the Prisoner suffer.
(b) He does not want to do what the King requests.
(c) He is already being treated well and fed healthy food.
(d) He needs nothing less than to be spiritually reborn and freed as soon as possible.
8. Who is the visitor Ignatius is happy to see?
(a) The Beggar.
(c) The King.
9. Julian then talks about how he was manipulated into doing what?
(a) Putting the Prisoner into the prison cell with windows.
(b) Putting the Prisoner in the darkest, most damp cell available.
(c) Feeding the Prisoner unhealthy food.
(d) Beating the Prisoner once every day.
10. Who is Anton?
(a) The Governor's son.
(b) The King's servant.
(c) Olivier's servant.
(d) The Governor's servant.
11. About what are the citizens talking?
(a) A revolution that will end the lives of the nobility and the wealthy.
(b) A large funeral mass to be held for the King's nephew.
(c) A feast held in honor of the King.
(d) Who will inherit the throne.
12. After the Recruit goes off, what does conversation between the guards reveal about Olivier?
(a) He is the King.
(b) He is also a new Recruit.
(c) He is the new Guard Commander.
(d) He is a knight.
13. How do the people feel about this news from the King?
14. What does the King want to do to Ignatius?
(a) Forcibly take Ignatius back to court and make him give proper advice.
(b) Kill Ignatius for the hateful things he says.
(c) Have Ignatius burned on the stake as a heretic.
(d) Make Ignatius inherit the crown when the King dies.
15. What does the King instruct the Monk to tell Ignatius?
(a) To ignore the Beggar, who does not seem to want help.
(b) To clean up and feed the beggar.
(c) That a man in great distress has come with an urgent petition.
(d) To remove the Beggar from the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Olivier speak to the guards?
2. What does Ignatius say about how the terror and remorse the King is experiencing?
3. The Doctor accuses Julian of committing a crime against who?
4. The Doctor that with each glance the Prisoner offers what?
5. What does Sigismund feel he can do?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)