|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
(a) How he was given orders to keep the Prisoner hidden from the world and therefore hid him with the farm family.
(b) How he is to take him away from this prison and protect him.
(c) How he is to murder the prisoner in his cell.
(d) How he has always wanted to protect the prisoner.
2. What does the Doctor think about the Prisoner's soul?
(a) It is weak.
(b) It is noble and predestined for high distinction.
(c) It is dying.
(d) It is going to Hell.
3. What does Sigismund feel when he wakes up?
(a) His father is with him.
(b) Like getting sick.
(c) A strange feeling in his legs.
(d) A horrible headache.
4. Who does Pancras tell Olivier is making the noise?
(a) The Recruit.
(b) The Prisoner.
(c) The King.
(d) The Guards.
5. What does the King tell the other courtiers about Julian's behavior?
(a) It is not as it should be.
(b) It is a good example of true devotion.
(c) It is better than it had been.
(d) It is a disgrace.
6. Of what does Pancras remind Olivier?
(a) He is never to refer to the Prisoner as a prince.
(b) He is to only refer to the Prisoner as a prince.
(c) The prince should be allowed to escape.
(d) The prince is a kind man.
7. What is heard at the gate?
(a) A scream.
(b) A whisper.
(c) A bird.
(d) A knock.
8. In the distance, what are heard?
(a) Several arguments.
(b) Voices singing in Latin.
(c) Voices chanting for the King.
(d) People screaming.
9. The King talks at length about how his kingdom is falling apart and how he plans to attack who?
(a) The French.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Muslims.
(d) The Jews.
10. The Doctor accuses Julian of committing a crime against who?
(a) God himself.
(b) The Doctor.
(c) The King.
(d) The Prisoner.
11. What does the King tell a nearby Beggar about Brother Ignatius?
(a) He is his brother.
(b) He is not available and does not want to see him.
(c) He is a villain.
(d) He will be glad to see him and tells him to wait.
12. What does the King say has eluded him?
(a) His son.
13. What does Ignatius reminds the King about marriage between a man and woman?
(a) It is forever.
(b) It is very special.
(c) It can be broken, unlike the union between the Church and God.
(d) It is as sacred as the union between the Church and God.
14. What does Julian order be done to Sigismund?
(a) He be put to bed.
(b) He be dressed in his prisoner clothing and put back in his cell.
(c) He be dressed in royal clothes and that all other preparations for departure be completed.
(d) He be secretly brought into the castle.
15. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
(a) He orders whoever is making it to be silent.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He screams.
(d) He hides.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anton react when Sigismund asks whether he actually is a human being?
2. After the Recruit goes off, what does conversation between the guards reveal about Olivier?
3. What does the Beggar say to the Monk, when the Monk asks what he wants?
4. How does Sigismund imitate Christ's posture?
5. How does Sigismund make Anton angry?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)