|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
(a) He hides.
(b) He orders whoever is making it to be silent.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He screams.
2. The conviction was the direct result of what before the Prisoner was born?
(a) A dream the King had.
(b) A prophecy that appeared.
(c) A witch that arrived.
(d) A severe storm that appeared.
3. What does Ignatius say about how the terror and remorse the King is experiencing?
(a) The king does not deserves these.
(b) He should feel it more often.
(c) They are part of the true face of God, the spirit of judgment. The King cries for help.
(d) They are sad but difficult to change.
4. Julian appears, carrying a vial that contains what?
(c) Sigismund's blood.
(d) The Doctor's potion.
5. What does the Beggar say to the Monk, when the Monk asks what he wants?
(a) The Beggar was once a monk himself.
(b) The Beggar repeatedly says he's not worthy of Ignatius' attention,.
(c) The Beggar wants to speak with Ignatius.
(d) The Beggar wants food and shelter.
6. How does the Prisoner respond when Anton calls him by name?
(b) He begins banging the cage with his fists.
(c) He does not respond.
(d) He screams.
7. How does Ignatius respond when the King falls to his knees, asking Ignatius' guidance in how to get his son back?
(a) Ignatius tells him he's just acting.
(b) Ignatius tells him he will do all he can.
(c) Ignatius tells him he does not deserve his son.
(d) Ignatius tellls him to leave.
8. How does Sigismund respond when Julian tells him he has to drink the potion to go on a journey?
(a) He asks Julian to drink it first.
(b) He drinks the potion quickly.
(c) He throws the vile out of the window.
(d) He reminds him that people have been killed by drinking potions and asks to be told who he truly is before he drinks.
9. The King reminds him that everything he did to his son, Sigismund, he did on who's advice?
(b) His wife's.
(d) The prophecy's.
10. what does the Doctor think about what has been done to Sigismund?
(a) It is interesting.
(b) It is sad.
(c) It is monstrous.
(d) It is incredible.
11. What is the setting of this scene?
(a) In the King's private rooms.
(b) In a room in the tower.
(c) In the dungeon.
(d) In a field behind the tower.
12. The Doctor that with each glance the Prisoner offers what?
(a) His patience and holiness.
(b) A lesson to be learned.
(c) A view into his soul.
(d) A glimpse of what it is like to be a prisoner.
13. What does Ignatius reminds the King about marriage between a man and woman?
(a) It is very special.
(b) It can be broken, unlike the union between the Church and God.
(c) It is as sacred as the union between the Church and God.
(d) It is forever.
14. What are the Ten Prohibitions?
(a) Types of alcohol the guards are not allowed to drink.
(b) Acts and behavior the guards are forbidden to do around the Prisoner.
(c) Acts and behavior the people of this kingdom are forbidden to do.
(d) The ten words that the guards are prohibited from using.
15. For whom does the Doctor ask?
(a) His patient.
(b) His son.
(c) The guards.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King instruct the Monk to tell Ignatius?
2. What does the Doctor tell Julian he has chosen since he became an adult?
3. What does the Doctor speak about in regards to the Prisoner?
4. What does Sigismund do when the Peasant Woman tries to get him to pray with her?
5. What is the setting?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)