Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King tell the other courtiers about Julian's behavior?
(a) It is a good example of true devotion.
(b) It is better than it had been.
(c) It is not as it should be.
(d) It is a disgrace.
2. Whose grave does the King want to see?
(a) His nephew's.
(b) His son's.
(c) His Queen's.
(d) His mother's.
3. Ignatius says everything the King is and has ever been is nothing but what?
(c) A waste.
4. How does Ignatius respond when the King falls to his knees, asking Ignatius' guidance in how to get his son back?
(a) Ignatius tells him he does not deserve his son.
(b) Ignatius tellls him to leave.
(c) Ignatius tells him he's just acting.
(d) Ignatius tells him he will do all he can.
5. Who is the visitor Ignatius is happy to see?
(b) The Beggar.
(c) The King.
6. The Doctor accuses Julian of committing a crime against who?
(a) The King.
(b) God himself.
(c) The Prisoner.
(d) The Doctor.
7. How does Olivier refer to the Prisoner?
(a) As a thief.
(b) As a beggar.
(c) As a prince.
(d) As a lout.
8. What does Julian say he has begun to have?
(a) Sleepless nights.
(b) A large apetite.
(c) No apetite.
(d) Many naps.
9. He adds that Julian's spiritual freedom depends on what?
(a) How often he attends mass.
(b) The Prisoner's physical freedom.
(c) To whom he prays.
(d) His desire to be saved.
10. What does the Doctor say is the same as strong will?
(a) A strong mind.
(b) Strong faith.
(c) Strong thoughts.
(d) Strong arms.
11. What does the King hope that Ignatius will be able to do?
(a) Help him.
(b) Stay in the monastery.
(c) Run away.
(d) Leave him.
12. What does the King say has eluded him?
(c) His son.
13. What does Anton urge the Doctor to give the Prisoner?
(a) A shot to sedate him.
(c) Handcuffs to wear around his wrists and ankles.
(d) Some medicine to calm him and make him happy.
14. How does Anton respond to Julian's interest to join the court?
(a) He hopes he too will be asked to be a part of the court.
(b) He is just as excited to be a part of the King's court.
(c) He tells him he willll be facing several new and difficult responsibilities and suggests they escape before they get involved in all the politics and manipulations of court life.
(d) He knows Julian will be a good choice for the court.
15. What does the King instruct the Monk to tell Ignatius?
(a) That a man in great distress has come with an urgent petition.
(b) To remove the Beggar from the streets.
(c) To clean up and feed the beggar.
(d) To ignore the Beggar, who does not seem to want help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard at the gate?
2. Julian appears, carrying a vial that contains what?
3. How does Sigismund make Anton angry?
4. What does the Beggar say to the Monk, when the Monk asks what he wants?
5. In front of the tower, why does Olivier bully and berate a young Recruit?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)