|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the visitor Ignatius is happy to see?
(b) The King.
(c) The Beggar.
2. After the Recruit goes off, what does conversation between the guards reveal about Olivier?
(a) He is a knight.
(b) He is the King.
(c) He is also a new Recruit.
(d) He is the new Guard Commander.
3. what does the Doctor think about what has been done to Sigismund?
(a) It is interesting.
(b) It is incredible.
(c) It is sad.
(d) It is monstrous.
4. Why can not see the Governor?
(a) He does not see anyone.
(b) He is out of town.
(c) He always communicates through a servant.
(d) He is too busy.
5. What are the Ten Prohibitions?
(a) The ten words that the guards are prohibited from using.
(b) Acts and behavior the guards are forbidden to do around the Prisoner.
(c) Types of alcohol the guards are not allowed to drink.
(d) Acts and behavior the people of this kingdom are forbidden to do.
6. What does Olivier think he hears being passed back and forth?
(a) A pigeon carrying news from one prince to another.
(b) Arguing between two guards.
(c) Signals between bands of Jewish smugglers.
(d) A rubber ball.
7. How does the Prisoner respond when Anton calls him by name?
(a) He begins banging the cage with his fists.
(b) He screams.
(d) He does not respond.
8. What is the setting of this scene?
(a) A church.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A castle.
(d) The tower.
9. Julian appears, carrying a vial that contains what?
(a) Sigismund's blood.
(b) The Doctor's potion.
10. The King reminds him that everything he did to his son, Sigismund, he did on who's advice?
(a) His wife's.
(d) The prophecy's.
11. How has Simon come?
(a) Saying he has ridden all night to seek out advice from the Doctor.
(b) Saying he has come to see the Prisoner.
(c) Saying he was given the letter to bring to Anton in the usual way and that he rode all night in order to deliver the message promptly.
(d) Saying he needs to speak with Anton alone.
12. What does the King instruct the Monk to tell Ignatius?
(a) To remove the Beggar from the streets.
(b) To ignore the Beggar, who does not seem to want help.
(c) That a man in great distress has come with an urgent petition.
(d) To clean up and feed the beggar.
13. Ignatius says everything the King is and has ever been is nothing but what?
(a) A waste.
14. Sigismund says he feels so powerful that he can do what?
(a) Knock down the door to the tower.
(b) Take power away from the King.
(c) Blow away a straw and a stone tower with equal ease.
(d) Jump out of the tower and land safely on the ground.
15. What does Anton urge the Doctor to give the Prisoner?
(a) Handcuffs to wear around his wrists and ankles.
(b) A shot to sedate him.
(d) Some medicine to calm him and make him happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Olivier speak to the guards?
2. How does Anton respond to Julian's interest to join the court?
3. What does Julian say he has begun to have?
4. What is heard at the gate?
5. About what are the citizens talking?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)