|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Doctor tell Julian he has chosen since he became an adult?
(a) An exciting life.
(b) A life of loneliness.
(c) A life filled with people.
(d) A thrilling career.
2. For what does Julian ask the Doctor to prescribe?
(a) Something that will help him sleep.
(b) Something that will keep him awake.
(c) Something that will calm him down.
(d) Something that make him confident.
3. What is the setting of this scene?
(a) In a field behind the tower.
(b) In the dungeon.
(c) In a room in the tower.
(d) In the King's private rooms.
4. Whose grave does the King want to see?
(a) His nephew's.
(b) His son's.
(c) His Queen's.
(d) His mother's.
5. What does the King want to do to Ignatius?
(a) Kill Ignatius for the hateful things he says.
(b) Make Ignatius inherit the crown when the King dies.
(c) Have Ignatius burned on the stake as a heretic.
(d) Forcibly take Ignatius back to court and make him give proper advice.
6. What does the King say has eluded him?
(b) His son.
7. The King reminds him that everything he did to his son, Sigismund, he did on who's advice?
(a) The prophecy's.
(c) His wife's.
8. Why can not see the Governor?
(a) He does not see anyone.
(b) He always communicates through a servant.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He is out of town.
9. What does Anton urge the Doctor to give the Prisoner?
(a) Handcuffs to wear around his wrists and ankles.
(b) Some medicine to calm him and make him happy.
(d) A shot to sedate him.
10. What did the prophecy contain?
(a) A war with France.
(b) The death of his son.
(c) Horrifying images of war and violence.
(d) A peaceful kingdom.
11. What does Julian tell Sigismund he has come to bring him?
12. What are the Ten Prohibitions?
(a) The ten words that the guards are prohibited from using.
(b) Acts and behavior the people of this kingdom are forbidden to do.
(c) Types of alcohol the guards are not allowed to drink.
(d) Acts and behavior the guards are forbidden to do around the Prisoner.
13. How does Sigismund make Anton angry?
(a) He sees from the straw that Sigismund has been playing with fire.
(b) He sees Sigismund trying to climb out the tower window.
(c) Sigismund argues with him.
(d) Sigismund is trying to pick the lock.
14. Over what do Olivier, Pancras and Andrew argue?
(c) Whether the Governor in charge of the tower truly has any right to issue orders.
15. What does Ignatius say about how the terror and remorse the King is experiencing?
(a) He should feel it more often.
(b) The king does not deserves these.
(c) They are part of the true face of God, the spirit of judgment. The King cries for help.
(d) They are sad but difficult to change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard at the gate?
2. In the distance, what are heard?
3. What does the Beggar say to the Monk, when the Monk asks what he wants?
4. Of what does Anton assure the Doctor about Sigismund?
5. What does the letter to Julian contain?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)