|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian tell Sigismund he has come to bring him?
2. What does Ignatius reminds the King about marriage between a man and woman?
(a) It can be broken, unlike the union between the Church and God.
(b) It is very special.
(c) It is as sacred as the union between the Church and God.
(d) It is forever.
3. What does the King hope that Ignatius will be able to do?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Help him.
(c) Stay in the monastery.
(d) Run away.
4. Who does Pancras tell Olivier is making the noise?
(a) The Guards.
(b) The King.
(c) The Recruit.
(d) The Prisoner.
5. Ignatius says everything the King is and has ever been is nothing but what?
(c) A waste.
6. What does Sigismund feel when he wakes up?
(a) A horrible headache.
(b) Like getting sick.
(c) His father is with him.
(d) A strange feeling in his legs.
7. what does the Doctor think about what has been done to Sigismund?
(a) It is monstrous.
(b) It is sad.
(c) It is incredible.
(d) It is interesting.
8. Why can not see the Governor?
(a) He does not see anyone.
(b) He always communicates through a servant.
(c) He is out of town.
(d) He is too busy.
9. How does Sigismund make Anton angry?
(a) Sigismund is trying to pick the lock.
(b) He sees Sigismund trying to climb out the tower window.
(c) Sigismund argues with him.
(d) He sees from the straw that Sigismund has been playing with fire.
10. What is revealed about the Peasant Woman?
(a) She is Sigismund's mother and the Queen.
(b) She is the King's sister.
(c) She is Sigismund's foster mother from the farm family with whom he lived early in his life.
(d) She is Sigismund's sister.
11. As the Man and the Recruit continue to speak in poetic language about signs of approaching violence, what does Olivier do?
(a) He grabs a weapon and prepares to beat the Prisoner into silence.
(b) He goes to his rooms.
(c) He listens in on the conversation.
(d) He calls to the Prisoner.
12. What is heard at the gate?
(a) A knock.
(b) A bird.
(c) A scream.
(d) A whisper.
13. How does Olivier refer to the Prisoner?
(a) As a beggar.
(b) As a thief.
(c) As a prince.
(d) As a lout.
14. How does Julian react when Anton speaks about how glad he will be when the nobleman has gone?
(a) He is saddened by this news that Anton does not want to see the nobleman.
(b) He becomes angry and then tells him to arrange for watchmen to be alert for the nobleman's approach.
(c) He becomes surprised that Anton would not be excited about the nobleman's arrival.
(d) He becomes angry but also agrees with Anton.
15. What is the setting of this scene?
(a) In the dungeon.
(b) In a room in the tower.
(c) In a field behind the tower.
(d) In the King's private rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. The conviction was the direct result of what before the Prisoner was born?
2. Upon who does the Second urge the King to declare war?
3. Julian appears, carrying a vial that contains what?
4. Sigismund says he feels so powerful that he can do what?
5. What does the Doctor say is the same as strong will?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)