Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 1
1. How does Olivier speak to those around him at the beginning of the scene?
2. What is causing the banging noise? Why?
3. What does Pancras say when Olivier calls the Prisoner a prince? What is Olivier's response to Pancras?
4. Why does the Prisoner torment others?
5. What does Olivier think he hears?
6. What does Andrew suggest they do, after Olivier hears a noise? What is Olivier's response to Andrew?
7. What does Olivier say...
This section contains 641 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)