1. Who is a spiritual young man tortured and imprisoned by authority figures afraid of his power?
2. Specific parallels to _____ story appear throughout the play, making thematic points about the importance of integrity, faith and tensions between spiritual and earthly power.
3. In front of the tower, why does Olivier bully and berate a young Recruit?
For not responding properly to his petty orders.
4. After the Recruit goes off, what does conversation between the guards reveal about Olivier?
He is the new Guard Commander.
5. How does Olivier speak to the guards?
6. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
He orders whoever is making it to be silent.
This section contains 5,545 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)