Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Act 1, Scene 1
1. Who is a spiritual young man tortured and imprisoned by authority figures afraid of his power?
2. Specific parallels to _____ story appear throughout the play, making thematic points about the importance of integrity, faith and tensions between spiritual and earthly power.
3. In front of the tower, why does Olivier bully and berate a young Recruit?
4. After the Recruit goes off, what does conversation between the guards reveal about Olivier?
5. How does Olivier speak to the guards?
6. At the sound of a muffled banging, what does Olivier do?
7. Who does Pancras tell Olivier is making the noise?
8. How does Olivier refer to the Prisoner?
9. Of what does...
This section contains 1,875 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)