|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King say that he must be obeyed?
(a) Because he will kill anyone who does not listen to him.
(b) Because as King he has the ultimate authority and was given that authority by God.
(c) Because he does not like to be ignored.
(d) Because he has the most money.
2. Julian then talks about how he was manipulated into doing what?
(a) Putting the Prisoner into the prison cell with windows.
(b) Beating the Prisoner once every day.
(c) Feeding the Prisoner unhealthy food.
(d) Putting the Prisoner in the darkest, most damp cell available.
3. Where is this act set?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In the castle.
(c) In the tower.
(d) In Sigismund's mother's bedchamber.
4. What do Sigismund and Adam discuss?
(a) Their plans for defeating Olivier.
(b) Their plans for escape.
(c) Their plans for helping Olivier.
(d) Their plans for helping the King.
5. Specific parallels to _____ story appear throughout the play, making thematic points about the importance of integrity, faith and tensions between spiritual and earthly power.
(a) The Zeus.
(b) The Buddha.
(c) The Czar.
(d) The Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sigismund tell the Doctor and Anton, when they run in?
2. What does Ignatius say about how the terror and remorse the King is experiencing?
3. What does the King express to the Doctor?
4. With what does the Gypsy Girl say she is pregnant?
5. How does Ignatius respond when the King falls to his knees, asking Ignatius' guidance in how to get his son back?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)