|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Olivier think he hears being passed back and forth?
(a) Signals between bands of Jewish smugglers.
(b) Arguing between two guards.
(c) A pigeon carrying news from one prince to another.
(d) A rubber ball.
2. How does Anton respond to Julian's interest to join the court?
(a) He tells him he willll be facing several new and difficult responsibilities and suggests they escape before they get involved in all the politics and manipulations of court life.
(b) He hopes he too will be asked to be a part of the court.
(c) He knows Julian will be a good choice for the court.
(d) He is just as excited to be a part of the King's court.
3. What does Anton urge the Doctor to give the Prisoner?
(a) A shot to sedate him.
(b) Handcuffs to wear around his wrists and ankles.
(c) Some medicine to calm him and make him happy.
4. The Doctor accuses Julian of committing a crime against who?
(a) God himself.
(b) The King.
(c) The Doctor.
(d) The Prisoner.
5. What does Julian order be done to Sigismund?
(a) He be dressed in his prisoner clothing and put back in his cell.
(b) He be put to bed.
(c) He be dressed in royal clothes and that all other preparations for departure be completed.
(d) He be secretly brought into the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter to Julian contain?
2. What does Julian tell the Doctor he is expected to do, regarding the Prisoner's health?
3. What is heard at the gate?
4. What does the King do when the Young Monk reads another quote?
5. Whose grave does the King want to see?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)