|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first exercise from the second set of "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)" called?
(a) The cat.
(b) The lion.
(c) The goat.
(d) The monkey.
2. Grotowski states in "Skara Speech" that memories are always _____.
(a) Transitive reactions.
(b) Visceral reactions.
(c) Physical reactions.
3. In "Dr. Faustus", the spectators are _____.
(a) The guests.
(b) The animals.
(c) The prisoners.
(d) The actors.
4. Part VI of "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)" are exercises involving _____.
5. What exercise from "Actor's Training (1966)" starts with the pupil walking around and singing while Grotowski lies on the floor next to him?
(a) "King-King" exercise.
(b) "Tiger" exercise.
(c) "Lion" exercise.
(d) "La-la" exercise.
6. Who based his work with actors on discipline and exterior formation?
7. The problem that Grotowski encountered with Yoga for achieving concentration in the actor was that the concentration was _____.
8. Grotowski tells the students in "Skara Speech" to "make your actions _____."
9. The actor should take special care to open the _____ when speaking and breathing.
10. Grotowski says in "The Actor's Technique" that one cannot be completely _____ as taught in most theatre schools.
11. What does Grotowski claim that a great Polish actor before the war referred to exhibitionism as?
12. Grotowski states in "Skara Speech" for the actors to "eliminate from every exercise any movement which is purely _____."
13. Grotowski states in "American Encounter" that "if we hid the things that function in our personal lives, you may be sure that our _____."
14. Grotowski says in "Skara Speech" that on the stage, "we often detect a lack of harmony because the actors don't _____ their partners."
(b) Listen to.
15. What is the name of the cat Grotowski refers to when discussing associations in "Skara Speech"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Grotowski says in "American Encounter" that the third thing one could consider "ethical" is the problem of _____.
2. The fact that "in order to get the result you must not look for it" is a _____.
3. In "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)", Grotowski notes that "The exercise serves the _____."
4. Grotowski states in "American Encounter" that an _____ confession is no confession at all."
5. Grotowski states in "American Encounter" that he never used the following word although it was at the heart of what he said.
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)