|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grotowski states of Artaud in "The Actor's Technique" that to Artaud "there is an authentic parallelism between the effort of man who works with his body and _____."
(a) Psychic processes.
(b) His emotions.
(d) Thought processes.
2. Grotowski states in "American Encounter" that "if we hid the things that function in our personal lives, you may be sure that our _____."
3. The actor should take special care to open the _____ when speaking and breathing.
4. Grotowski states in "American Encounter" that he never used the following word although it was at the heart of what he said.
5. The interview for "The Actor's Technique" with Grotowski was conducted by _____.
(a) Sarah Pinzorski.
(b) Jacques Renoir.
(c) Pierre Atrion.
(d) Denis Bablet.
6. In "Technique of the Voice" in "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)", Grotowski begins with _____.
(d) Carrying power.
7. Grotowski prefers to use "_____" in replacement of the word "role."
8. How many types of respiration are there, as noted by Grotowski in "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)"?
9. One of the greatest dangers for the actor is _____ according to Grotowski in "The Actor's Technique".
(a) Lack of spontaneity.
(b) Lack of emotion.
(c) Lack of intelligence.
(d) Lack of discipline.
10. The Skara Drama School is located in _____.
(d) New York.
11. Part IV of "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)" are what kind of exercises?
(d) Upside down.
12. The one absolute rule Grotowski cites in "Actor's Training (1966)" is that what must come first, then vocal expression?
(d) Bodily activity.
13. The fact that "in order to get the result you must not look for it" is a _____.
14. In "Actor's Training (1966)" it is stated that "if something is symmetrical it is not _____."
15. Grotowski's motto with which he starts his lessons is, "The essence of the theatre is the actor, his actions, and _____."
(a) What he can achieve.
(b) His responses.
(c) His emotions.
(d) His thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of respiration is the most effective for the actor?
2. What does Grotowski approach second in "Actor's Training (1966)"?
3. What does Grotowski begin with in "Actor's Training (1966)"?
4. Who does Grotowski say devised many good exercises, some with masks in "The Actor's Technique"?
5. Section B of "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)" are based upon the work of _____.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)