|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Actor's Training (1966)", it is noted that Grotowski mentions that contact between the audience and actor is _____ in the theatre.
2. In "Actor's Training (1966)" it is stated that "if something is symmetrical it is not _____."
3. Grotowski tells the students in "Skara Speech" that personal associations are not _____.
4. The first explanation of the "Shoulderstand exercises" is _____.
(a) How to fall.
(b) How to relax.
(c) How to jump.
(d) How to stand.
5. Grotowski states in "The Actor's Technique" that the greatest difference between his technique and other methods is that his is _____.
6. The actor should take special care to open the _____ when speaking and breathing.
7. Section B of "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)" are based upon the work of _____.
8. Grotowski claims in "Skara Speech" that our whole body is a system of _____.
9. Grotowski tells the students in "Skara Speech" to "make your actions _____."
10. Grotowski says in "Skara Speech" that on the stage, "we often detect a lack of harmony because the actors don't _____ their partners."
(a) Listen to.
11. How long was the course that Grotowski taught in America for "American Encounter"?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 6 weeks.
12. Part IV of "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)" are what kind of exercises?
(d) Upside down.
13. Before performances, Grotowski's actors have a period of silence for _____.
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
14. What is the name of the exercise from "Actor's Training (1966)" which intends to make the pupil let himself go completely, and at the same time, set the guttural resonator in action?
(a) "Tiger" exercise.
(b) "Lion" exercise.
(c) "Mouse" exercise.
(d) "Cat" exercise.
15. The fact that "in order to get the result you must not look for it" is a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. The problem that Grotowski encountered with Yoga for achieving concentration in the actor was that the concentration was _____.
2. The cycle of exercises in "Stimulation of the Voice" from "Actor's Training (1966)," ends with _____.
3. Grotowski states in "American Encounter" that he never used the following word although it was at the heart of what he said.
4. Grotowski says in "American Encounter", that "we cannot hide our personal, essential things--even if they are _____."
5. Grotowski states in "American Encounter" that an _____ confession is no confession at all."
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)