|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Skara Drama School is located in _____.
(a) New York.
2. The first explanation of the "Shoulderstand exercises" is _____.
(a) How to jump.
(b) How to stand.
(c) How to fall.
(d) How to relax.
3. It is the task of _____ to amplify the carrying power of sound emitted in the actor.
(a) Vocal chords.
(b) The lungs.
(c) The tongue.
4. Grotowski states in "American Encounter" that an _____ confession is no confession at all."
5. Grotowski demands _____ in his classroom.
6. Who recorded the exercises from "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)"?
(a) Denis Beron.
(b) Stanislaw Scierski.
(c) Eugenio Barba.
(d) Ryszard Cielsak.
7. In one exercise from "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)", the actor is to jump onto a chair. Where does the jump come from in the body?
8. What is the name of the exercise from "Actor's Training (1966)" which intends to make the pupil let himself go completely, and at the same time, set the guttural resonator in action?
(a) "Tiger" exercise.
(b) "Cat" exercise.
(c) "Mouse" exercise.
(d) "Lion" exercise.
9. In "Actor's Training (1966)", it is noted that Grotowski mentions that contact between the audience and actor is _____ in the theatre.
10. Grotowski says in "Skara Speech" that on the stage, "we often detect a lack of harmony because the actors don't _____ their partners."
(b) Listen to.
11. What is the title of the exercise intended to experiment and open up the actor's vocal pitch in "Actor's Training (1966)"?
(a) "Sing-Song" exercise.
(b) "La-La" exercise.
(c) "King-King" exercise.
(d) "Tiger" exercise.
12. Grotowski states in "The Actor's Technique" that it is a fact that children, animals, and people who are close to nature breathe _____.
(b) With tension.
(c) With relaxation.
13. Grotowski points out in all of his lessons in "Actor's Training (1966)" that _____ must be excluded in the exercises.
14. In "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)", Grotowski notes that "The exercise serves the _____."
15. Grotowski states in "The Actor's Technique" that when he first begins work with an actor his first question is "Does this actor have any _____ difficulties?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Grotowski claims in "Skara Speech" that our whole body is a system of _____.
2. The second set of exercises in "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)" are "Exercises to loosen up the muscles and the _____."
3. Grotowski states in "Skara Speech" that if you do not fix your imaginary partner in a precise place your reactions will ______.
4. Who built his methods on the spontaneity of daily life, according to Grotowski in "The Actor's Technique"?
5. The most developed of acting methods belongs to whom, according to Grotowski in "The Actor's Technique"?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)