|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Actor's Technique.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grotowski say asked the key methodological questions of acting in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1)?
2. The most developed of acting methods belongs to whom, according to Grotowski in "The Actor's Technique"?
3. What does Grotowski refer to contemporary theatre, or "synthetic theatre" as in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1)?
(a) Contemporary Theatre.
(b) Artsy Theatre.
(c) Rich Theatre.
(d) Modern Theatre.
4. The actor playing Dr. Faustus in Grotowski's "Dr. Faustus" is said to resemble _____.
(a) St. Christopher.
(b) St. Sebastian.
(c) St. Martin.
(d) St. Augustus.
5. How does Grotowski claim to feel when asked, "What is the origin of your experimental theatre productions?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Grotowski's motto with which he starts his lessons is, "The essence of the theatre is the actor, his actions, and _____."
2. Who developed a system of synthesis that Grotowski adopted for the actor?
3. The cycle of exercises in "Stimulation of the Voice" from "Actor's Training (1966)," begins with _____.
4. Grotowski states in "The Actor's Technique" that when he first begins work with an actor his first question is "Does this actor have any _____ difficulties?"
5. The interview for "The Actor's Technique" with Grotowski was conducted by _____.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)