|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Constant Prince, and He Wasn't Entirely Himself, and Methodical Exploration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grotowski claims in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1) that his productions are detailed investigations of the _____ relationship.
2. What does Grotowski say is as important in the education of the actor as it is to a pianist or dancer?
3. Whom does the Angel struggle with in "Akropolis"?
4. Who is the author of "Akropolis"?
5. What is the term for Brecht's "alienation effect"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose rhythm exercises does Grotowski find most important?
2. What does Grotowski say "are always based on the transcendence of rules" in "Theatre is an Encounter"?
3. Who developed bio-mechanical training for the actor?
4. Grotowski claims in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1) that there is not a contradiction between inner technique and _____.
5. The word "actress" and _____ were once synonymous.
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)