|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Encounter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Technique of the Voice" in "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)", Grotowski begins with _____.
(a) Carrying power.
2. What does Grotowski define as "the ability to concentrate in a particular theatrical way and can be attained with a minimum of good-will"?
3. Who does Grotowski say asked the key methodological questions of acting in "Towards a Poor Theatre" (Chapter 1)?
4. What does Grotowski approach second in "Actor's Training (1966)"?
(a) Floor work.
(b) Animal exercises.
(d) Stimulation of the Voice.
5. What do the people surrounding the Prince wear in "The Constant Prince"?
(a) Military uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Section B of "Actor's Training (1959 - 1962)" are based upon the work of _____.
2. Grotowski's "holy actor" does not sell his body but _____ .
3. How long in the play "Dr. Faustus" does Faustus have to live before his martyrdom of hell?
4. Before performances, Grotowski's actors have a period of silence for _____.
5. Grotowski demands _____ in his classroom.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)