|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernal's former commander tells him that he is the worst of anyone he has seen at doing what?
2. Which of the following descriptions best describes how Jenna and Keyes felt at seeing each other at Jenna's house?
3. What does Kara Lynn want to do with Keyes after the parade?
4. Which of the following emotions would best describe how the prime minister of the Bahamas felt after reading the news story?
5. Who witnesses Bernal and Garcia drive away from the police station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new plan does Wiley announce to the group and what are Bernal's thoughts?
2. What does the unusual and unnamed float that unexpectedly appears on the football field look like?
3. Describe the purpose of the Friendship Cruise and the type of people that will be aboard.
4. What does Shivers say is the most important thing in his daughter's life and how has her father taken steps to protect her?
5. What transpires between Bloodworth and Garcia and what is the reason behind the action Garcia takes?
6. What does Wiley tell Mulcahy when he calls him at his office about the plan of the Night of December group?
7. Describe the original column sent in by Wiley and the changes that Bloodworth makes to the column.
8. What disagreement do Keyes, Garcia, Mulcahy and the other Orange Bowl officials have?
9. What realization does Keyes come to as he drives through the night trying to save Kara Lynn?
10. What happens when Bernal stops driving and walking with Garcia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does the author utilize stereotypes in his novel? Does the author exploit stereotypes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the character of Keyes change throughout the novel? Do you believe the changes are positive or the negative? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Write a complete character analysis of the character Bloodworth. Would you want to have a reporter on your staff such as Bloodworth? Why or why not.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)