|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Keyes tell Jenna he will be going?
2. What causes Reed to be concerned about the relationship between Keyes and his daughter?
3. Where does Keyes shoot Wiley?
4. Bernal's former commander tells him that he is the worst of anyone he has seen at doing what?
5. Which of the following seems to describe how Kara Lynn feels about being with Keyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reed Shivers lecture Keyes about when he shows up at their house after taking Garcia to the hospital?
2. What has Bernal decided to do and why has he decided to do this in regard to Garcia?
3. What does Wiley tell Mulcahy when he calls him at his office about the plan of the Night of December group?
4. What does Wiley's last column that is run on the front page of the Miami Sun say?
5. What transpires between Bloodworth and Garcia and what is the reason behind the action Garcia takes?
6. What assumptions does the Orange Bowl committee make about the members of the group and why don't they pursue the topic in more depth?
7. What does Shivers say is the most important thing in his daughter's life and how has her father taken steps to protect her?
8. What does Mr. Cardoza tell Mulcahy in regards to Wiley's column and why does he make that decision?
9. Describe what happens when Garcia comes out of surgery and talks with the police chief.
10. What happens when Mulcahy and Keyes visit Bloodworth in the hospital after the bombing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What surprises does the author provide for the reader throughout the novel? In what ways does this help with the genre? In what ways does it detract? Did you enjoy the surprises as the reader? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Environmental issues are the basis of many of the events within the novel. Do you believe violent actions are justified when protecting the environment? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe one great contrast the author portrays in this novel? Why do you think the author included this contrast? Do you believe it was necessary to the plot or something to better engage the reader? Why?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)