|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is blown up by a bomb in this chapter?
2. Which of the following characters is not in the warehouse building?
3. Which of the following characters reassures Keyes that everything will be fine?
4. What does Mr. Cardoza own?
5. Which of the following characters was asked to rewrite Wiley's column?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that makes Tigertail despondent?
2. What does the police chief tell Garcia when he calls him after the parade?
3. What does Kara Lynn talk to Wiley about when she wakes up on the island after he kidnaps her?
4. What happens when Bernal stops driving and walking with Garcia?
5. What does the unusual and unnamed float that unexpectedly appears on the football field look like?
6. What new plan does Wiley announce to the group and what are Bernal's thoughts?
7. What assumptions does the Orange Bowl committee make about the members of the group and why don't they pursue the topic in more depth?
8. What has Bernal decided to do and why has he decided to do this in regard to Garcia?
9. Describe the purpose of the Friendship Cruise and the type of people that will be aboard.
10. What developments happen in regard to the relationship developing between Kara and Keyes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does romance play a key component of the plot of this novel? Do you believe it is crucial or a distraction? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Describe one great contrast the author portrays in this novel? Why do you think the author included this contrast? Do you believe it was necessary to the plot or something to better engage the reader? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In more than one incident throughout the novel the psychiatric field is discussed and portrayed. How is this field of study portrayed by the author? Do you believe it is a fair portrayal? Why or why not?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)