|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mrs. Kimmelman at the end of this chapter?
2. What happens to Jenna at dinner?
3. What does Keyes notice on Cabal's body?
4. What is Ricky Bloodworth's favorite drink?
5. Where does Keyes wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Nell's husband while he is in the water and why does Nell become suspicious?
2. What clue does Wiley give to Keyes about the next murder which is expected to happen in Miami?
3. What items did the police find in room 223 at the Flamingo Isles Motel?
4. What conclusions do Keyes and Garcia reach about the letters?
5. In what way do Keyes and Mulcahy hope to lure Wiley back to Miami?
6. When Keyes and the Shriners find Wiley on the beach in Nassau what becomes clear to them?
7. Why do many of the people begin to leave the Otter Creek Condos and how does this make Wiley feel?
8. What does Jenna say Wiley was distraught about and why?
9. Why does Keyes go to Jenna's house?
10. What do Hal Keefe and Garcia argue about and what does Keefe give to Garcia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What surprises does the author provide for the reader throughout the novel? In what ways does this help with the genre? In what ways does it detract? Did you enjoy the surprises as the reader? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character analysis of the character Bloodworth. Would you want to have a reporter on your staff such as Bloodworth? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the genre of this novel and how the genre is developed completely by the author. Is the author successful at making this novel humorous? In what way is it or is it not?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)