|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stuck in Sparky's throat and was found by the medical examiner?
2. What is on the license plate of the car that peels away just before Keyes passes out?
3. What does the young boy who is water-skiing hit in the water?
4. Which of the following characters does Wiley seem to trust in this chapter?
5. Which of the following is not found on the grounds of the Otter Creek Village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenna say Wiley was distraught about and why?
2. What does the story on the front page by Ricky Bloodworth say that is inappropriate for a newspaper to print?
3. What happens between Keyes and Jenna in the hospital and what does he think about this?
4. What was one of the major screw-ups that Bernal committed when he worked for the group called the First Weekend in July?
5. What happens to Nell's husband while he is in the water and why does Nell become suspicious?
6. What plot do Keyes and Mulcahy discuss and what does this discussion help them to figure out?
7. What does Nell do when her husband doesn't return and what happens?
8. In what way do Keyes and Mulcahy hope to lure Wiley back to Miami?
9. Why can't Keyes leave the island where Wiley's cabin is and what happens to him because he can't leave?
10. Where did Viceroy get the car he is driving, how does the owner feel about the car and how does this make Viceroy feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is this novel symbolic of actual events which have happened over the last thirty years? In what ways is it a misrepresentation?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of terrorism developed throughout this novel? In what ways are these terrorists different from the majority of terrorists reported about in the media? In what ways are they the same?
Essay Topic 3
How does the character of Keyes change throughout the novel? Do you believe the changes are positive or the negative? Why?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)