|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Keyes to have dinner at Jenna's house?
2. What do Wiley and his associates want Keyes to do?
3. What mistake does Bloodworth make to the name of the group claiming responsibility for the letters?
4. What does Nell want Keyes to find?
5. How does Keyes get to Wiley's cabin to inspect it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Keyes come to about Sparky's legs and what makes him come to this realization?
2. What does Skip Wiley do to his psychiatrist and what does the doctor do once returned?
3. What items did the police find in room 223 at the Flamingo Isles Motel?
4. What conclusions do Keyes and Garcia reach about the letters?
5. What does Nell do when her husband doesn't return and what happens?
6. What is Harold Keefe concerned about and what does he decide to do about it?
7. Who is introduced as the winner of the Orange Bowl Beauty Pageant and how does the author describe this character?
8. In what way do Keyes and Mulcahy hope to lure Wiley back to Miami?
9. What plot do Keyes and Mulcahy discuss and what does this discussion help them to figure out?
10. What does the letter that is shown to Keyes by Garcia say about the murders and how is it signed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting of this novel is the Miami, Florida area. Do you believe this novel could have been as successful had it been set in any other city? What may have had to change had it been set in a different place? What could have remained the same?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the genre of this novel and how the genre is developed completely by the author. Is the author successful at making this novel humorous? In what way is it or is it not?
Essay Topic 3
In more than one incident throughout the novel the psychiatric field is discussed and portrayed. How is this field of study portrayed by the author? Do you believe it is a fair portrayal? Why or why not?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)