|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what disorder does Mario Groppo suffer?
2. Which of the following characters is Garcia's supervisor?
3. What is stuck in Sparky's throat and was found by the medical examiner?
4. Where was Mitchell Klein stabbed?
5. What is Ricky Bloodworth's favorite drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Keyes goes to visit Cabal in jail what does he see and why is this the case?
2. What does Wiley tell Keyes that the group he is affiliated with plans to do and how they plan to do it?
3. When Keyes and the Shriners find Wiley on the beach in Nassau what becomes clear to them?
4. What does Jenna say Wiley was distraught about and why?
5. What happens while Groppo is golfing with his colleagues at the Palmetto Country Club?
6. What conclusions do Keyes and Garcia reach about the letters?
7. Why do many of the people begin to leave the Otter Creek Condos and how does this make Wiley feel?
8. Who is introduced as the winner of the Orange Bowl Beauty Pageant and how does the author describe this character?
9. Why does Keyes go to Jenna's house?
10. How and where is Wiley's vehicle found by the police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting of this novel is the Miami, Florida area. Do you believe this novel could have been as successful had it been set in any other city? What may have had to change had it been set in a different place? What could have remained the same?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the reader left with areas of no specific closure? Do you believe this was an effective writing style? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall goal of the terrorists. Do you believe the goal justifies the means? Why or why not?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)