|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garcia and Keyes believe what about Wiley's death?
(a) He was too young to die.
(b) It may have been staged.
(c) It was too easy.
(d) It shouldn't have happened so soon.
2. What was Wiley's column originally about before the rewrites?
(a) The mass exit of tourists.
(b) The killers in Miami.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) The Bahamian government.
3. How does Wiley explain to Kara Lynn that the explosives will be set off?
(a) Whenever anyone approaches.
(b) Remotely by a barge.
(c) From his boat as he leaves.
(d) From her movements.
4. Which of the following characters reassures Keyes that everything will be fine?
(b) Kara Lynn.
5. What does Kara Lynn want to do with Keyes after the parade?
(a) Go out dancing to celebrate.
(b) Go out to dinner with her friends.
(c) Go someplace and make love.
(d) Go on a vacation out of Miami.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernal's former commander tells him that he is the worst of anyone he has seen at doing what?
2. Which of the following characters is found dead in this chapter?
3. How much money does David Lee sell his uniform for?
4. Who left a message on Keyes' answering machine?
5. Who does Keyes find in his office reading the newspaper when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Keyes feel when Kara Lynn drags him along to play tennis at her father's club?
2. Describe in detail the float on which Kara Lynn will ride.
3. What developments happen in regard to the relationship developing between Kara and Keyes?
4. When Garcia calls Keyes what information does he share that he has just realized?
5. What does Kara Lynn talk to Wiley about when she wakes up on the island after he kidnaps her?
6. What happens when Bernal stops driving and walking with Garcia?
7. What has Bernal decided to do and why has he decided to do this in regard to Garcia?
8. What does Shivers say is the most important thing in his daughter's life and how has her father taken steps to protect her?
9. What does the police chief tell Garcia when he calls him after the parade?
10. What assumptions does the Orange Bowl committee make about the members of the group and why don't they pursue the topic in more depth?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)