|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Keyes go to talk to about the risk of being in the parade?
(a) Reed Shivers.
(b) Kara Lynn .
(c) Brian Keyes.
2. What does Kara Lynn insist she and Keyes do as they leave?
(a) Wave to Bernal.
(b) Buy Keyes new clothes.
(c) Hold hands.
(d) Return the borrowed equipment.
3. What was Wiley's column originally about before the rewrites?
(a) The killers in Miami.
(b) The mass exit of tourists.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) The Bahamian government.
4. What does Bloodworth find in Garcia's office?
(a) The next day's newspaper headlines.
(b) Unopened package tied with a bow.
(c) A video tape made by Bernal.
(d) An interview taped between Wiley and Garcia.
5. Where does Wiley's last column appear?
(a) On the front page.
(b) It is never published.
(c) Buried in the middle of the newspaper.
(d) On the sports page.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garcia agree to do that makes matters worse for Bloodworth?
2. Where does Kara Lynn's father make the majority of his profits?
3. Garcia and Keyes believe what about Wiley's death?
4. What begins to land on the deck of the cruise ship after the helicopter approaches?
5. How are some policeman dressed to be able to walk with the float?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Kara Lynn share with Keyes in regard to Jenna?
2. How does Keyes feel when Kara Lynn drags him along to play tennis at her father's club?
3. What realization does Keyes come to as he drives through the night trying to save Kara Lynn?
4. What does Bernal do in this chapter and what is the response of the First Weekend in July Movement?
5. Describe the original column sent in by Wiley and the changes that Bloodworth makes to the column.
6. What transpires between Bloodworth and Garcia and what is the reason behind the action Garcia takes?
7. Describe the purpose of the Friendship Cruise and the type of people that will be aboard.
8. Describe the role the Shriners plan in helping to try and save Kara Lynn from being kidnapped.
9. What assumptions does the Orange Bowl committee make about the members of the group and why don't they pursue the topic in more depth?
10. What does Kara Lynn talk to Wiley about when she wakes up on the island after he kidnaps her?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)